Too young to start a business?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too young to start a business?

Hi, my names Dan and I've been mowing my lawn for 4 years. I have gotten many complements on my work and have always wanted to start a lawn care business. There is one problem though: I'm 17 years old and am not sure if I can legally start my own business. I have saved enough money over the years to buy all the equipment I would need and even insure and incorporate my business, BUT the legal question is holding me back. Im not sure what I should do and need help! Is there any way I can start my dream business?

Hi, my names Dan and I've been mowing my lawn for 4 years. I have gotten many complements on my work and have always wanted to start a lawn care business. There is one problem though: I'm 17 years old and am not sure if I can legally start my own business. I have saved enough money over the years to buy all the equipment I would need and even insure and incorporate my business, BUT the legal question is holding me back. Im not sure what I should do and need help! Is there any way I can start my dream business?
    Hey Dan,

Welcome to the forum.

1st of all, your never too young to start a business. I started my business 4 years ago while I was 20. I'm sure I could of started earlier if I wanted too.

Just make sure you go register yourself as DBA (Doing business as) and like me.. I registered Just in Time Yard Services for example. After that well if you want pesticide license then you need to apply for that and whatsoever.

Well I hope I've manage to explain things

Comment

Hi Dan,

Welcome to our forum.

If you can't register a business name now, you already have been operating for 4 years, why not then just wait until you are 18 and you can sign all the legal documents you want.

What made you decide to get that going now?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Hey Dan,

Welcome to the forum.

1st of all, your never too young to start a business. I started my business 4 years ago while I was 20. I'm sure I could of started earlier if I wanted too.

Just make sure you go register yourself as DBA (Doing business as) and like me.. I registered Just in Time Yard Services for example. After that well if you want pesticide license then you need to apply for that and whatsoever.

Well I hope I've manage to explain things
        Wow! That clarified a lot! Do you know if its possible to get insured as well, even though I am 17?

Comment

Hi Dan,

Welcome to our forum.

If you can't register a business name now, you already have been operating for 4 years, why not then just wait until you are 18 and you can sign all the legal documents you want.

What made you decide to get that going now?
          Well, I have only been doing my own lawn. When I moved to my neighborhood, I wanted to start my business but I was around 14 or 15 and my neighbor already had a small lawn care business around our neighborhood. I could've competed against him but he was older and had a pretty legit operation going. It was pretty intimidating. Now, I am older, can drive, and i'm a lot more experienced, so I am more comfortable going into business. If I cant start now, then Ill be at the county court house on my 18th birthday signing business papers. I planned on waiting until I turned 18 but the sooner the better.

Comment

Wow! That clarified a lot! Do you know if its possible to get insured as well, even though I am 17?
            As far as I know, I don't know. You would have to call places that have Liability insurance and ask them. I was just lucky I found somewhere they provide me Insurance

Comment

Dan,

Keep us posted on how all this works out for you.
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X