Any body ever remove concrete

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any body ever remove concrete

I have a slab that's about 315 square feet and slops at an angle from 4 in deep to about twelve, it has re-bar in it. I need to give a quote tomorrow. Long long should this job take.

I was thinking a jack hammer, there 140.00 A Day Here if I pick it up.
    Plus debris disposal?

Thanks in advance

I have a slab that's about 315 square feet and slops at an angle from 4 in deep to about twelve, it has re-bar in it. I need to give a quote tomorrow. Long long should this job take.

I was thinking a jack hammer, there 140.00 A Day Here if I pick it up.
    Plus debris disposal?

Thanks in advance
    You will be there forever bud, I have done a few, we rented a concrete saw and cut the concrete into sections then I brought by excavator in with a thumb, in my case is was 6 to 8" thick, it went well.

The idea unit would be an excavator with a breaker attached to the boom, you would be done in no time, I woun't run a breaker on mine as it destroyes the knuckles pretty quick.
    Andy
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

I don't have access to any heavy equipment, should I try an concrete saw, and a jack or sledge hammer to break it up?

Any one got any ideas with out the heavy equipment?

Comment

I don't have access to any heavy equipment, should I try an concrete saw, and a jack or sledge hammer to break it up?

Any one got any ideas with out the heavy equipment?
        Cutting it and then a Jack Hammer will probably do it, I say probably as I have never broken concrete that thick, it's going to be desperate heavy and I am not sure how you will deal with the re-bar in the concrete as that stuff really holds the concrete together.
        Andy
        Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Due to the thickness of the concrete, could you leave it as an open bid per day and they could stop you at anytime?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I think I am going to do that and work out a time and materials bid. Figure an hourly rate that is okay. And bill hime for the supplies. He wants me to use a jack hammer, I was thinking concrete saw then jack hammer the pieces or just smash them with a sledge hard work but I'm in pretty good shape .

Comment

you are going to be sorry you took the job with out heavy equipment.
              I've done a few sidewalks and won't mess with it again. unless it is for my personal home.

Comment

you are going to be sorry you took the job with out heavy equipment.
                I've done a few sidewalks and won't mess with it again. unless it is for my personal home.
                I agree 100%, we have the gear to do it and it is still one heck of a hard job and I don't recall we have ever done concrete where there was rebar in it. I have done 8" concrete walls and 4" sidewalks/patio's that were around 6" and man oh man they are a lot of work. Last job we did I simply included in my quote an excavator with a breaker, had him come in for three hours and brake things up then we simply used an excavator and loader to move the broken pieces into a truck. 12" concrete is going to be next to impossible for a jackhammer.
                Andy
                Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

I wouldn't touch this job.

That's WORK man, painful & dangerous work.

You need to hire the hulk.

How many trips would you have to make to dispose of the concrete?

Do you plan on doing this alone?

Take pics!

Comment

It all worked out. The guy wanted work on the cheap, he chuckled at my quote and said too much but thanks.

I'm glad. Thanks for the help!

Comment

I wouldn't touch this job.

That's WORK man, painful & dangerous work.

You need to hire the hulk.

How many trips would you have to make to dispose of the concrete?

Do you plan on doing this alone?

Take pics!
                      Your right I am just a work wh*re.

Comment

It all worked out. The guy wanted work on the cheap, he chuckled at my quote and said too much but thanks.

I'm glad. Thanks for the help!
                        I was thinking what we would charge, just curious, a braker would take two hours as that is their min so that is $450.00, It would take us 3 hours to load so that is $270.00, to have it hauled away is $180.00, if they want it super clean then add $150.00 so in total around $910.00 to $1,000.
                        Andy
                        Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Working...
                        X