Business License

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business License

How do I get a business license? Also, what category do I get one in? I went to FL's webpage that talks about business licensing, and it says I have to take a test for a professional license. What category does lawn care fall under?

Thanks!
    "A business that makes nothing but money is a poor kind of business." - Henry Ford

Touchton's Complete Lawn Care

How do I get a business license? Also, what category do I get one in? I went to FL's webpage that talks about business licensing, and it says I have to take a test for a professional license. What category does lawn care fall under?
    Welcome to our forum.

Each state handles this differently.

You can register a business name at the local county courthouse. You may or may not need a professional license. It depends on the services you offer. Does it say you need one for lawn cutting?

I know you need one for things like landscape architecture but I doubt that is something you would want to even try to attempt just starting out without the proper training.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Business name registration for U.S. and Canada

All you need to do is go to this site and register your DBA = Doing Business As in other words your business name under you are going to be working for.

U.S.
      http://www.businessnameusa.com/servi...m#DBA/tax_ids1

For Canadians.

http://www.businessregistration.gc.ca/

Comment

Go to your county tax collectors office and file for your bussiness license under your "DBA" you will have to file for a DBA with the state whice will require you to post it in a local newspaper. The tax collectors office will give you everything you need. if you only will be doing "Lawn Maint." in Florida, you do not need to get a professional license, providing you do not purchase more than $1000.00 of nursery stock per year.
        JAY WOLFE LAWN AND HOME SERVICES
        ST. CLOUD, FL
        407-334-0445
        60" EXMARK & 32" LESCO WB

Comment

Keep us posted on how all of this turns out.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X