help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please

I want to know what people think is the best bang for the buck : yard signs, door hangers or mailings. I am trying to find the best way to spend my money for my fall services marketing.

Bang for the buck

I want to know what people think is the best bang for the buck : yard signs, door hangers or mailings. I am trying to find the best way to spend my money for my fall services marketing.
    I have tried all of the above plus flyers. I have received the best results advertising in our local paper.

Steve

Comment

I have tried all of the above plus flyers. I have received the best results advertising in our local paper.

Steve
      Ditto, our City Halifax considers just outside the city proper as the Municipality, there are 7 sections all within a 30 min drive for me, each of these have a community newspaper, I advertise in two and the results are amazing, I did a large mail drop in the city earlier this year, it was around 5,000 in vary key areas, not one reply.
      Andy
      Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Do you think in general newspapers are simply a better marketing option or is this something that varies based on your local competition and what they are doing to market their business?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

to be honest, the other lco's in my area do no advertising at all. even the big outfits do no advertising that i know of. they may go door to door or something but no radio or newspaper ads. I live in one of the better neighborhoods and noone has ever come to my door.

Comment

It seems in general, if a lawn care business doesn't have to market themselves, they won't. So all of this could play to your advantage!

It will be very interesting to hear what you discover!
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

i think that i am going to target one particular neighborhood. it is very upscale with the majority of homeowners being older. their is an over abundance of lco's. a few are legit big companies the others are guys with beat up trucks and cars.

I think i will try all three of the marketing ideas. I will start with just a few yard signs placed at the major intersections, then i will do direct mailings for my fall services and then i will also put a ad in the local paper.

i think this area i am targeting has enough work to keep everyone busy, i just need to get my name outtheir

Comment

Working...
              X