New mowing pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mowing pics

Just a couple of new mowing pics to share.

Looks great!
    sigpic
    http://littlebluelawncare.com

Comment

Very, very nice Ritchiem!
      You can see that you take pride in your work.

Comment

Richard,

How long does it take to get the lawn to look so great. Would the stripes show up as well as they do after the first mowing or does it take many mowings for them to really show up?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

that is the 3rd cut...if I know a lawn can really turn out nice I'll double cut it, or highlight my lines. You can get roller kits for mowers as well that will produce the same effect easier.

Comment

question

If you do double cut a lawn to make it look nice do you work that into your price or do you just cut your losses on it.

Comment

If you do double cut a lawn to make it look nice do you work that into your price or do you just cut your losses on it.
              If I double cut lawns it is by my choice...so I would swallow my losses. However they act as my portfolio properties, such as this one. People look that them and say "I want my lawn to look like that". From that pic above I now have 3 more properties just like that one on the same street now. Marketing is everywhere...now how to use it!

Comment

So do you go around all the trees first then cut the straight lines? And how do you get those great lines with a tree right smack in the middle? Just raise the deck and backup then go again?

Comment

The only first cut I do is the perimeter then I start my lines. When I come up to a tree or other obstacle I go around and continue my line...doing so messes up your previous line so when I am done the lawn I'll go back over and fix my line. I'll try and draw up a diagram to explain in a bit.

Comment

Cool yeah I wnt lines like that. I guess different mowers do better or worse lines, huh? I would hate to buy a striping kit....not even sure where to get one.

Comment

You can stripe without striping kits. It depends on the mower and paying attention to what your doing.

Comment

I have never used a stripping kit before...was considering getting one for my Exmark Viking. The mower I used for these pics was a Exmark Lazer Z - 52". Once you get one straight line in you are golden.

Comment

If I double cut lawns it is by my choice...so I would swallow my losses. However they act as my portfolio properties, such as this one. People look that them and say "I want my lawn to look like that". From that pic above I now have 3 more properties just like that one on the same street now. Marketing is everywhere...now how to use it!

Sorry I am not trying to sound stupid but I just want to understand I am very new to this business.

If you us that in marketing material and people think they want there yard to look that would you eventually start to raise prices to compensate for superior work. It seems to me that if you used it in marketing material and did not make there lawn look like that they would be angry, and then you would want to satisfy them so you would want to strip there lawn and would maybe mean a double cut. So it seems that working a superior cut lawn with magnificent stripes should cost the customer more than a lawn with out double stripes. Just some thoughts.

Comment

I do a little extra, some favors my my customers. The truth is, they don't know that they have already paid for the extra services in a way. If I still profit, it wont kill me to add a little touch up here & there.

I charged a customer more than I usually would, because he had several obstacles on his lawn.

The fact is, he paid me & I later found out his lawn was easier to do than I had expected. I didn't lower my price, but I made sure I gave a hand here & there, & I looked like a great guy on top of it!

Charge well for yourself, add in a few extras for your customer, & you'll be fine!

That's my personal suggestion.

If I were to do stripes, it'd be very original & I would get calls guaranteed. Too bad it's extra work, & I might lose profits, so I'd most likely charge a bit extra or make a deal saying I only do stripes every second week or so. It's less expensive, & they still have a superior looking lawn 2 weeks a month.

Comment

I'm stealing Ritchiems wonderful idea & mindset.. I'm buying myself a manual lawn roller. I'll fill it with sand or water & see what happens.

I'll only do my customers front lawns, might take an extra few minutes but if my service can look as good as his, it's FLIPPIN worth it budyboy!!!

I should have thought about this before!

Cheers Ritchiem!

Comment

Working...
                              X