No announcement yet.

Recent Tree Job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear that and have no idea what its like. haha Where I live, we are lucky to get 5 inches of snow. I have already started mowing lawns this year!
    Here's my thread on Snow pictures

Those pictures were taken on Christmas day and we've lost it twice from the rain so imagine if we wouldn't had any rain

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=8275

Comment

That is a ton of snow! Whats funny is it snows like that only 45 minutes from my house, I just happen to be i an area that hold warm air and hardly has snow ever sticks for more than a few hours.
      Northern California

Comment

Brandon,

Do you have or rent a chipper at all? How do you handle all the branches that you take down and the leaves? What do you suggest as far as that goes?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Quality chippers are VERY expensive (10k- 30k). But you can rent one for about $250 per day. I only do this on brush clearing jobs. Tree jobs I can usually load the trailer and haul away all the branches. Sometimes it take 2 loads, but there are a few places I can drop it for free with no charge. This is 1 benefit of having an open trailer as opposed to a closed trailer. I can load my trailer 12 ft high. Tie it down and off I go.

Usually I will lay a strong rope down before loading the brush. Then lasso it around the load. Then tie off on a cement block and put the truck in drive and pull the load right out of the back of the trailer.

It a 60 second unload.
          Northern California

Comment

I use to load and unload a trailer but after a while it gets old, depending on how often you do it? Ya chippers are expensive I bought one for 2,000 and had to do a lot of work to it exhaust, clutch, paint, blades, etc...but it paid for itself

how did you learn to climb, compared to lawn service to tree service whats the percentage of work you do for each?

Comment

how did you learn to climb, compared to lawn service to tree service whats the percentage of work you do for each?
              I could be wrong but I thought Brandon had said somewhere in here he focuses mainly on tree care.
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I had a friend who was a climber that "showed me the ropes" and I did a lot of reading and learned my rigging and knots, and off I went.
                I would like to buy a chipper, but i one of those people who waits until I come across a killer deal, then jumps on it. That is how I will get one eventually. As for now, I only have to load my trailer, the unloading is the easy part.

I would say that about 50% of my work is trees, but it accounts for about 75% of my income. I did a job today that was removing a small pine, cottonwood, and trimming 2 libs off a Eucalyptus. I made $775 and did all the work myself.

But the landscaping work keep the money coming in and I can always count on it, even though you can make much more money working on trees, the work isnt as consistent.
                Northern California

Comment

Here's my trailer load today.
                  Northern California

Comment

thats great for you, I do some work myself and other times theres just no way around it I have to get help on some jobs. It's hard finding people to want to do this kind of work. Be safe

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X