Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics from Mike's lawn care

sigpichttp://www.mikeslawncareandlandscaping.com

Very nice pics Mike! Can you tell us what you got first and how you scaled up?

If you could buy an all new setup, what would you do differently from what you currently have?

What got you to start your lawn care business?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

well Steve.
      I have been in grading and masonary for around 18 year working for my Father. But wanted to run somthing on my own for a good while.
      Last year 07 . I started Mowing Grass on Fridays only. With a Craftman 42in Rider. It's what I cut my own grass with for the last few years.
      I have a 4x8 trailer that I started out with. First Commercial thing I got was a Honda Trimmer $300 new, then a Honda HRX217 Trim Mower $900 new, a Huskavarna Back blower from lowes $199.(did not make it past 1 year with only 1 day a week ).
      Thats what I started with Last year .
      More to come

Comment

Hey Mike, Welcome to the forum.
        I really like your setup.
        Northern California

Comment

well Steve.
          I have been in grading and masonary for around 18 year working for my Father. But wanted to run somthing on my own for a good while.
          Last year 07 . I started Mowing Grass on Fridays only. With a Craftman 42in Rider. It's what I cut my own grass with for the last few years.
          I have a 4x8 trailer that I started out with. First Commercial thing I got was a Honda Trimmer $300 new, then a Honda HRX217 Trim Mower $900 new, a Huskavarna Back blower from lowes $199.(did not make it past 1 year with only 1 day a week ).
          Thats what I started with Last year .
          Mike,

With all your experience in grading and masonry, why did you decide to do lawn care? Why not open your own masonry business? Will you be offering masonry services in the future and hardscaping?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I think your sign should be outside the trailer, not inside

Comment

I think your sign should be outside the trailer, not inside
              LOL there job signs and I have 20 of them. I have a guy working on truck sign this week . Here is one that he came up with.

Comment

I love the logo design! Did you do that yourself? WOW!

With all your experience in grading and masonry, why did you decide to do lawn care? Why not open your own masonry business? Will you be offering masonry services in the future and hardscaping?

Comment

I love the logo design! Did you do that yourself? WOW!

Nope this sign is being made by a Guy that I trade work out for Signs (found him on craigslist)

On the Masonry
                  Yes we do From side walks to Walls
                  I put this wall up in 2 days flat
                  now I need to stuco the back

Last edited by Mike's LawnCare Landscape; 11-25-2008, 11:53 AM.

Comment

That is nice job! You are very talented!

Comment

retaining wall

Mike,

Very nice job on the wall. What advice could you give for somebody like myself, who does not have a masonry background, that wants to get into building retaining walls and such for their existing landscape business.
                      Logan Hershberger

Comment

Mike,

Very nice job on the wall. What advice could you give for somebody like myself, who does not have a masonry background, that wants to get into building retaining walls and such for their existing landscape business.
                        The Pics of the wall that I put up Is all dry stacked (no morter/cement)
                        Start with a good footing and Keep it Level

Comment

here are some strips

Comment

Very nice.

I love the fall colors too.

Mike, if a new lawn care business owner wanted to start offering retaining walls, what size job would you recommend they start with? Would they find more potential problems the higher the wall is?

Also, what kind of guarantee should they offer on their work?

Comment

Very nice.

I love the fall colors too.

Mike, if a new lawn care business owner wanted to start offering retaining walls, what size job would you recommend they start with? Would they find more potential problems the higher the wall is?

Also, what kind of guarantee should they offer on their work?
                              Here in NC 3ft tall after that it post to be Engineered /can also go the the local block,brick,landscape seller and they SHOULD give you the info that you need !!
                              The wall in the pics was from Belgard ( www.bigrockproducts.com www.belgard.biz ) also in NC www.cemex.com is also realy good
                              Last edited by Mike's LawnCare Landscape; 11-25-2008, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X