Clean air lawn care is using neuton lawn mowers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean air lawn care is using neuton lawn mowers

I just got an update of photos from Clean Air Lawn Care and they have a real nice set up.

They are using neuton electric lawn mowers.

What do you think of this?
    Attached Files
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

I've never heard of Neuton? Do they make higher quality stuff?

The only battery mowers I've ever seen are the Black and Decker pieces of junk they sell at Home Depot.

Comment

I don't know of their quality but I am hearing of them more and more

http://www.neutonpower.com/

Check out the site.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

While I think the battery powered equipment is very catchy, I have an issue with them. They are great for being quiet, but the whole "clean air" thing is misleading. The majority of electricity is produced by coal which is very poluting. So every time you charge the battery, you are using electricity provided by burning coal.
        Probably not a big deal to some people, but I would feel as if I was cheating my customers who hired me for the "clean air".

Just a thought off the top of my head, thats all.
        Northern California

Comment

While I think the battery powered equipment is very catchy, I have an issue with them. They are great for being quiet, but the whole "clean air" thing is misleading. The majority of electricity is produced by coal which is very poluting. So every time you charge the battery, you are using electricity provided by burning coal.
          Probably not a big deal to some people, but I would feel as if I was cheating my customers who hired me for the "clean air".

Just a thought off the top of my head, thats all.
          Never realy thought of that , good point though.
          I guess the only way to realy have clean air mowing, is to mow with manual mowers but who wants to do that right.

Comment

I used a reel mower a few times when I was a kid. Man that was a pain. They sell them at home depot and such, but I wonder if they work any better then they used too. Im sure the one I used was all rusty and dull as hell!
            Northern California

Comment

It would be neat if they had solar panels at their building and could use them to recharge the batteries for the mowers.

Comment

That would be an idea. I wonder if it would be cost effective. I know the cost of solar panels are coming down. Maybe in the near future, they will be more affordable for more people. What if you could use wind power on top of your building to charge your batteries. Of course it wouldnt work for everyone, but some people may be able to do it. Especially in areas like Chicago.
                Northern California

Comment

all the reel mower I see are peices of s***. the best one I ever used was an old one.

Comment

looks like he has a solar panel mounted to the roof of his truck. I wonder if thats how he is recharging his batteries?

I dont think I would be up for pushing a 22" mower around someones lawn though. I wonder how many lawns he is doing on a daily basis using this type of mower? I really dont see how this business model will bring him profits though.

Comment

looks like he has a solar panel mounted to the roof of his truck. I wonder if thats how he is recharging his batteries?

I dont think I would be up for pushing a 22" mower around someones lawn though. I wonder how many lawns he is doing on a daily basis using this type of mower? I really dont see how this business model will bring him profits though.

yea I see that. are the mowers for comercial use. I bet as long as you maket small lawns and not over grown ones, an outfit like that could do pretty good.

Comment

Removable, rechargeable battery
                        Recharging costs about 10 cents
                        Fully charges in 12 hours
                        Runs for up to an hour (depending on grass conditions)
                        Battery lasts for five years (with proper care)
                        Battery is over 95% recyclable

you would need 8 batteries for last the day and 80 bucks a pop its would take a long time for pay for it self

Comment

That is a very good point. That is $640 for all he batteries. How long would it take to use that much gas to power a similar push mower?

Recharging costs about 10 cents
                          Is that per battery? That is fascinating! I wonder how that cost is calculated.

So then maybe it would cost about $.80 a day to charge the batteries.

Comment

it looks to me that it is very labor intense also which we all know time is money, therefore you would have to charge more per lawn & in these times people just cant afford to spend the extra

Comment

I think it could work for a "speciality" market of lawns such as town home or very small lots big house type developments or even the Green crowd. I have alot of small lot, big house, and heavy landscaped yard and even a pool in the back which leaves very little grass too mow. Just charge a premium price, advertise saving of the enviroment by using these mowers and market in the right areas to the right people and boom you have a "GREEN" mowing service!..............Hey, thats a good idea I think Ill do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X