No announcement yet.

Clean air lawn care is using neuton lawn mowers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just charge a premium price, advertise saving of the enviroment by using these mowers and market in the right areas to the right people and boom you have a "GREEN" mowing service!..............Hey, thats a good idea I think Ill do that.
    What do you think you would have to charge per lawn in order to do that? How would the price differ from mowing with a gas mower?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Clean Air Lawn Care uses Solar

Clean Air Lawn Care is a full-service sustainable lawn care company headquartered in Colorado. 5-10% of the nation's air pollution is generated by conventional lawn care equipment and Clean Air Lawn Care is out to change that. All equipment is powered with renewable energy: charged with wind power overnight and run off of the truck-mounted solar panels during the day. Larger equipment is run on locally produced biodiesel. The company is carbon neutral. Clean Air also offers an organic fertilization program. Check out the Clean Lawn Calculator to calculate the emissions associated with maintaining your lawn.

The company uses both Black & Decker and Neuton electric mowers and runs operations nationwide on the equipment. Clean Air Lawn Care has 15 franchises and 26 territories across the country and is seeing up to 200% growth in the various markets. Learn more at www.cleanairlawncare.com/fran/index.html

Comment

Hi Katie,

Thanks for jumping in here and offering all that great information!

How did the company get started? Is there a fun behind the scenes story to it all?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I am not a big believer or supporter of the "green movement" but noticed the 2009 Nothern tool catalog has numerous Solar panels and wind turbines. I am all for manufacturing products that get good "fuel mileage" or that are not gas guzzlers but I think today's society has gone completely overboard.

I also recently noticed an ad in the local "add sheet" for a "green team" lawn care company. They even use a bycicle and trailer to pull the lawn mower. I want to know how they trim the lawn. they advertise "no noise or pollution"..... Like I said, I think this is overboard. I wonder if they ever thought about how their bicycle or trailer were made. Without fossil fuels? I doubt it. We live in a society where this kind of thing has not been thought out. We do what is convenient superficially, but nothing more....

Comment

Solar panels and wind turbines.

I love the concept of them. I think we are going to see a lot more great things come from this. Have you considered getting anything like that for your shop? That could be great press for your local media.

Comment

I wonder what the upfront capital costs are, solar panels here are very expensive, she mentioned wind power, does that mean you buy a turbine? We have a lot of wind power here however it's desperate expensive to get set up as you need environmental permits as they generate noise pollution and I see there are studies on how the noise generated effects humans.

Don't get me wrong, I am 100% behind anything that helps the environment but I wonder just how much is factored in. With a 22" mower and having to change batteries every hour, at least here, it would be a very tough sell.
              Andy
              Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Just wanted to add this.

There are ikts you can buy. Heres a vid.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7r...generator-3of3

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X