No announcement yet.

What recession?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workers Comp is actually the main reason I use them, I could have been doing the payrol myself & saved money there but the workers comp is insane as an independant. Then most reguar payroll or employee leasing firms want a minumim of 2 employees on the books, & $1000-1,500 a week in payroll! This way was the only fesible way I found to handle keeping all my payroll legit, with the right insurances & have it be (relatively) affordable.
    To pay an average Laborer type employee say $8 an hour runs my around $12-$12.50/hr. I just take his # of hours x that rate & send a check. They send his paycheck, cover workerscomp, & handle the w-2's at the end of the year. I don't deal with any of that.

Comment

but the workers comp is insane as an independant. Then most reguar payroll or employee leasing firms want a minumim of 2 employees on the books, & $1000-1,500 a week in payroll!
      Do they employment leasing firms get a discount on their workers comp because they have more employees? Or do you think they may categorize the work they are doing in a way so as not to be hazardous? Or does that not factor in at all?

Also are you saying you need to hire two employees at least to use them?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Yeah many of the firms want a minimum of 2 employees on the payroll. But when I hired my 1st guy it was just he & I, I wasn't going on payroll. I handle my taxes & I am workers comp exempt so there is no need to have me on the payroll. My 1 guy (in the beginning) was not EVER going to hit $1,000 a week in payroll. There were times mid summer with 2 helpers on the payroll that I hit a grand, but that was months later & was not a regular thing.

I think they get a better rate just due to the volume of business they give the insurance carrier.

Comment

Yeah many of the firms want a minimum of 2 employees on the payroll.
          So for others looking to do this and only have 1 employee at first, what advice do you have about how to find a firm that will work with you? Should you team up with another lawn care business somehow? Or no?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Like I said earlier in he post Steve, I use a Day labor firm not an employee leasing firm.

Comment

Working...
            X