Pressure wash job from 10/31/2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure wash job from 10/31/2007

Hey gang... here's a few pics we took yesterday of a 2 story house. *Notice me on the second story roof cleaning the chimney.

Those are some great pics!

For others reading this, how would you advise bidding on such a job?

Does using a ladder in a job effect the bid price?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

We just use a standard pricing... so the ladder doesn't play into it. We usually charge $99 for a 1 story house and $199 for a 2 story house. Of course, that's for a "typical" sized house... if they have a HUGE house, the price, naturally, goes up... pricing usually includes the driveway, walkway and a small cement patio.

Comment

Looks much better!

But if you ever want some tips on how to never use a ladder again let me know...

From what i can see in the pictures, if i was doing this my feet wouldnt have left the ground!
        Falling hurts too much...lol

Get an X-Jet...and a 5 gallon bucket and wash and rinsh that house in 45 mins and get paid and on to the next one.

I did pressure cleaning for a long time and the first few i did the way you are.

Comment

Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Nov. 01 2007,10:26)]Does using a ladder in a job effect the bid price?
          It should!

You are taking a risk of getting hurt, and most ins. companys will charge more if you use ladders.

Comment

Just checked out that X-Jet... OH yeah... that's gotta go on the wish list! lol

...and it wasn't the fall that scared me... it's that sudden stop I'm worried about...

Comment

Doesnt using a ladder actually increase your workman's comp rates too?

How lond did this job take?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I'm embarassed to say this job took 5 hours... you can't tell in the pics, but there were a few BAD places on the house... and we had to use TLC in a couple of spots... so it took longer than expected... but then, we did it without an extension wand, without X-Jet, having to use a ladder and move it around, and only having one machine right now.... but it was definately a learning experience. Plus, there were 2 people who stopped and asked for information while we were working... both times, I was on the ladder... lol

Comment

Quote[/b] (AMW Graphics @ Nov. 01 2007,10:36)]Looks much better!

But if you ever want some tips on how to never use a ladder again let me know...

From what i can see in the pictures, if i was doing this my feet wouldnt have left the ground!
                  Falling hurts too much...lol

Get an X-Jet...and a 5 gallon bucket and wash and rinsh that house in 45 mins and get paid and on to the next one.

I did pressure cleaning for a long time and the first few i did the way you are.
                  what about a ball-valve and low-pressure, i see alot of people talking about that

Comment

You talking about the ball valve so you can change wands without turning off the machine?

I want one of those, too!

Comment

Quote[/b] (pmblair @ Nov. 01 2007,11:01)]You talking about the ball valve so you can change wands without turning off the machine?

I want one of those, too!

http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum....23;st=0

go down until u see the house, i recently done that house. how much do u charge for something like that, from the eves down to the grass, and front and back porch,back porch is same as front, dont include the roof

what do u think about this website, i talk to him sometimes
                      http://www.firstchoicepowerwashing.com

Comment

I'd probably charge between $100-$150... but I think I could be undercharging.

I like his website... I'm going to have to bookmark it and look through it really well when I get the chance.

Comment

Quote[/b] (pmblair @ Nov. 03 2007,12:22)]I'd probably charge between $100-$150... but I think I could be undercharging.

I like his website... I'm going to have to bookmark it and look through it really well when I get the chance.
                          i charged them $200 and they gave me a $15 tip so $215 total. they where ok with the price, didnt say anything about it

Comment

Very nice. It's kinda hard to tell the actual size of the house's footprint from those pics, so I may have actually come closer to the $200 range, too... and a $15 tip, to boot? Nice!

Comment

How long did it take to do the job?

Comment

Working...
                              X