Show us your stripes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show us your stripes

Scag ran a "show us your stripes" thing on their Facebook page a Month or so ago and I thought it would be cool to do one here? I'd be curious to see how different mowers stripe different grass types.

Here's St Augustine striped with a 48" Scag Wildcat at 4.5".

IMAG0553.jpg

All stripes with either 48" Walker MDD or Deere 997 72"

Grass is any combination of KBG, fescue, Rye, Clover........ and weeds

Cut heights are 3" for Walker and between 3"-4.25" with Deere
    Attached Files

Comment

Amazing work!

For those that don't get their lawns looking as nice, how much extra time do you feel it takes you per job to get that look versus just a normal cut lawn look?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Amazing work!

For those that don't get their lawns looking as nice, how much extra time do you feel it takes you per job to get that look versus just a normal cut lawn look?
        What do you mean by a "normal" cut? I just alternate my x & y direction every week to get the checkered look. The previous company never did it and there are literally ruts in some parts of the sod. I think with some grass types you have to cut both directions each time to get the checkers.

Comment

What do you mean by a "normal" cut? I just alternate my x & y direction every week to get the checkered look. The previous company never did it and there are literally ruts in some parts of the sod. I think with some grass types you have to cut both directions each time to get the checkers.
          We do the same.......

We took over an athletic complex from a guy that must have thought he was running a Zamboni, ruts every time he took a corner Some people think mowing lawns is like a Nascar race, but if you job track it actually takes longer than if you mowed in straight lines

Except cemeteries........ but those are an exception to just about every mowing rule

Comment

What do you mean by a "normal" cut?
            I think most start ups don't feel this kind of quality mowing is possible without taking a lot of extra time. That's probably why most lawns don't look this good.
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Our stripes look like this, any mower can do it and it all looks the same some just wider then others.

Comment

Green local schools yard 2016.jpg

One of our properties 2016 season.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X