Skid Steer Loader Has Arrived

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skid Steer Loader Has Arrived

The past three seasons I have been battling the idea of getting a skid steer. Well, demand for service has pretty much forced my hand this year! Now it can SNOW!

r
    Attached Files
    08 F250 Ext Cab/04 Chevy 3500
    05 F350/04 F350 Diesel/12 Ram 4500 Dump
    4 -60 Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48
    3 -8'2" Boss V-Plows
    1- Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
    20' Enclosed trailer
    18' Skid & 16' Open Trailer
    2012 - S185 Bobcat

Nice. I rented one just like that for a lawn install I did earlier this year. Pretty sweet machine.

Comment

I wanted to buy one to do snow removal, but apparently they aren't street legal...

Comment

That is fantastic!

How often do you feel that piece of machinery will be used and what pushed you to decide to go with it?

It seems a lot of people think about doing this and get stuck on the fence not going forwards with it.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Awesome addition, you won't be sorry you got it....I'm looking around for a deal on one also, Hope it makes you lots of $$$$$$

Comment

Very nice wish there was one in the budget for us right now too.

Comment

they are an awesome toy ,I rigged a 10' truck snowblade to an old bucket I had which made it much more efficient in the snow ,and would swap it out to pile snow when needed .

Comment

That is fantastic!

How often do you feel that piece of machinery will be used and what pushed you to decide to go with it?

It seems a lot of people think about doing this and get stuck on the fence not going forwards with it.
                At this point only snow. I seriously have no other plans for the machine, since the lawn mowing is going great.

We picked up 6 new commercial accounts, three different businesses right next to each other. Perfect for the Bobcat.

The one real thing I have learned in this short journey, is to be patient. I hear guys & people wanting that instant gratification, but end up being disappointed & just plain quit!

Since the plan is to add fertilization/weed control next season, I do not see any door opening for landscaping....but you never know.
                3 -8'2" Boss V-Plows
                1- Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
                20' Enclosed trailer
                2012 - S185 Bobcat

Comment

Great skid man, looks awesome! I know you'll take good care of that brand new machine.

Comment

We have seen talk on here about compact utility tractors. What is your view how a bobcat handles snow compared to one of them? Are there any pros and cons you went through your head before you decided to go with the bobcat?

- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

We have seen talk on here about compact utility tractors. What is your view how a bobcat handles snow compared to one of them? Are there any pros and cons you went through your head before you decided to go with the bobcat?

Cons ~ Never have I driven a tractor ~ I'm a city boy to the end

Pros ~ I do know for a fact they have serious power(I've witnessed), but to trailer that from job to job I would not be certain of its efficiency.

Pros/Cons ~ I have many hours of experience on a skid steer, although I will not be personally operating.

I need to stay freed up for the "Just In Case"
                      3 -8'2" Boss V-Plows
                      1- Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
                      20' Enclosed trailer
                      2012 - S185 Bobcat

Comment

Nice machine.

I thought of getting a skid but instead bought a kubota tractor.

Weight and size wise there about the same. I planned on using it for snow removal but I have never found a site that was suitable to keep it parked(security). I do not want to trailer this thing in the snow while plowing.

To me the Kubota was more suited for landscaping work then the skid. I never did pick up the mowing deck as planned. The tractor steering is better on lawns then the skids. Other then that theres not to many disadvantages between them.

Comment

dont know much about tractors myself ,but I think they would not be nearly as fast as a skid .but I would love to find myself a tractor some day .

Comment

Nice machine.

Weight and size wise there about the same. I planned on using it for snow removal but I have never found a site that was suitable to keep it parked(security). I do not want to trailer this thing in the snow while plowing.
                            Thanks SECT! We will trailer it during snow events, the great thing is that our service area is in a 7 mile radius. I think(haven't had the opportunity to put it to an actual test yet)we will trailer it 3 times. NO WAY will it sit anywhere but in my friends and I VIEW...for real. Me & my shotty...lol
                            3 -8'2" Boss V-Plows
                            1- Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
                            20' Enclosed trailer
                            2012 - S185 Bobcat

Comment

Keep us posted on how it works out on your first snow fall!

Comment

Working...
                              X