Made my own Striping kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Hedgemaster;106123]

Yeah, it's essentially doing the same as the "flap" on the back of a push mower.

Heck. I may try and rig something similar up to my walk behind if it doesn't get in the way.

Thats just it, its a flap style and while I think it works fine for the time being, I hope I can get the roller soon to make them really pop. I do think its great for someone on a budget to make themselves. Just a few bolts and a bar floor mat and you get a pretty heavy stripe kit that will work.

Comment

If you were to experiment making one with a roller, have you thought about how you would do it? Or how you would ad some spring tension to it??
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

If you were to experiment making one with a roller, have you thought about how you would do it? Or how you would ad some spring tension to it??

Yeah I've thought a piece of PVC pipe with either sand or cement inside then a couple of arms coming down so the PVC can roll. I havent really worked it out on paper or anything, just a thought right now, but if you put a threaded rod through the center so it could let it spin I think would be a good choice. I'm not sure yet on a spring but I'm sure it could be done.

The real question is, would it be cheaper to go through all that rather than just buy a factory made one?

Comment

pvc gets beat to death i tried it on a deere 757 laid nice stripes for a week then it feel apart i had a metal pipe on the inside and it got bent bad
          good thick rubber on the back of the deck works good

Comment

Yeah I've thought a piece of PVC pipe with either sand or cement inside then a couple of arms coming down so the PVC can roll. I havent really worked it out on paper or anything, just a thought right now, but if you put a threaded rod through the center so it could let it spin I think would be a good choice. I'm not sure yet on a spring but I'm sure it could be done.

The real question is, would it be cheaper to go through all that rather than just buy a factory made one?
            I made mine so it rolls without a rod. Just used screws and washers with a chain. It cost under $10 to make but I had a few parts on hand. So far I been using it almost a month without any problems.
            http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=16547

Comment

good design! i love it. i like it because u can go in reverse and not run it over. i wonder if you add a second peice of rubber right on top and make it 2 inches or so longer if it would improve it. it would make it heavier and have more surface area of rub/lay. just a thaught. thanks for sharing. i would like to design and make one myself but i think i dislike the Pipe style/method. this sqeegee method seems good.

Comment

good design! i love it. i like it because u can go in reverse and not run it over. i wonder if you add a second peice of rubber right on top and make it 2 inches or so longer if it would improve it. it would make it heavier and have more surface area of rub/lay. just a thaught. thanks for sharing. i would like to design and make one myself but i think i dislike the Pipe style/method. this sqeegee method seems good.
                It worked fairly good for a homemade job, and your right, more weight would definetly be better. I finally decided I should look more professional both in looks and quality provided and got a factory one. It's amazing! I don't think the one I made would ever get the stripes going like the factory one does. Right outta the gate it made a huge improvement!!!! $400 is a lot to spend but now I'm done monkey'n around trying to get the homemade to get good results.

Comment

Working...
                X