No announcement yet.

Mulch Install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is an old thread but would time saved on mulch jobs be worth renting on for a day at 219

Comment

I know this is an old thread but would time saved on mulch jobs be worth renting on for a day at 219
      No, not unless your doing more then 20 yards in one day. 1 guy can do a yard an hour. If you get your mulch for lets say $27 a yard and you charge the customer $35 and you get $35 to spread that yard, your billing the customer $70 per yard. If your working by your self then you can usualy do 8-10 yards a day...billing out $700 (ish) $350 for mulch and $350 for labor.

If you were to add the $219 for the tractor that would push it to $919 and I dont think the customer will want to pay for that.

Comment

You only need it for bigger jobs. You could knock out 2 10 yard jobs in one day. So it really matters how busy you are in the spring.

I had a buddy that owned one before I bought mine. I would pay him $60 a hour. I found out I could get the jobs done in 1/3 of the time but my labor would be the same.

It almost comes down to do you want to pay 4 guys or 1 machine? Another thing is how far is the beds from the mulch pile? I have a few jobs that I would have to push a wheelbarrow 500 ft or so.

No, not unless your doing more then 20 yards in one day. 1 guy can do a yard an hour. If you get your mulch for lets say $27 a yard and you charge the customer $35 and you get $35 to spread that yard, your billing the customer $70 per yard. If your working by your self then you can usualy do 8-10 yards a day...billing out $700 (ish) $350 for mulch and $350 for labor.

If you were to add the $219 for the tractor that would push it to $919 and I dont think the customer will want to pay for that.
        I would charge over $919 for 10 yards. So i guess it depends on what your charging.

I would never attempt to do 8-10 yards by myself. The most I did was 6 and half way through I called for help. Its also a myth a yard a hour. You might get the first few done in a hour but once fatigue sets in your lucky to do a 1/2 a yard a hour.

Comment

I would never attempt to do 8-10 yards by myself. The most I did was 6 and half way through I called for help. Its also a myth a yard a hour. You might get the first few done in a hour but once fatigue sets in your lucky to do a 1/2 a yard a hour.
          7 yards in ten hour is about what I can do. And not want to die.

Around here if a home owner calls a nursery for a yard of mulch it $35-$45 and $30-$40 delivery. So around a $100 delivered & installed is right

Comment

Working...
          X