Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting My Truck Lettered, Check It Out...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It took me about an hour to do the entire truck. You really have to take your time (not something you want to just slap on there). Considering they wanted to charge me $180 to install or $90 for the the vinyl, I feel I did alright on the deal. Basically got paid $90 to do it myself.

As far as where i got the vinyl, it's a local business here in southern Oregon. their website is imprintsservices.com and they did an awesome job for the price. I'm going to have them cut out some bulletpoint services to throw on the half door.

Not only was I on a budget, but I also wanted to show how anyone tight on cash right now can effectively look like a pro for less that $100.
    IV Property Maintenance
    Providing Quality and Reliability
    www.ivpropertymaintenance.com

Comment

Good job. I have a friend who used to have a side business doing vinyl and he said the more simple designs like that can be handled by a novice, but it can get tricky with more complicated applications.

I think I'm going to have my website put across the top of my windshield, or perhaps on a bug deflector.

Comment

I think I'm going to have my website put across the top of my windshield, or perhaps on a bug deflector.
        That sounds like a good idea but everyone looking in their rear-view mirror would read it backwards. You'de almost want it printed in reverse (like how the ambulances have it) so they can read it.

I'm going to have them print me out my website and phone number again so I can put it on my tailgate. How many times have you been stuck at a red light and noticed someones personalized license plate, or a bumper stick they have. Wouldn't it be nice to have your info back there so anyone getting stuck behind you gets to read it? That would make me want to stop more for yellow lights instead of trying to get through them...
        IV Property Maintenance
        Providing Quality and Reliability
        www.ivpropertymaintenance.com

Comment

Thank you, business is great.... brought in 820 today, paid my worked 220 bc he is great and a tough worker....he cuts trees during the week and really helps out when it comes to trees....

tricks:
          Have a name or slogan or SOMETHING that makes you different from other businesses.....

....network network network

.....i put signs in some customers yards and tell them ill give them $10 for every new customer from that sign....i also keep track of how most customers find me and stick with it....2 best things...1) word of mouth 2) craigslist.....

also, when i do estimates a bring a binder of before and after pics, this is the part that seals the deals.

....i don't undercharge, that way i can ensure quality

....i keep my ipad on me, and have some plants app and mulch app, this is great...they are always impressed. This usually seals the deal too, especially when they don't know what color mulch they want

.....i find guys to help me who are dependable and trustworthy, I pay them $12 an hour put throw in nice bonuses if we get a ton of work done...treat them right & they will do the same

...facebook page with before & after pics....offer giveaways, i like to do a free mowing with fertilizer each month

...get involved in the community, i recently called the local newspaper and got a story written on my business and got people to enter in a contest for a free yard makeover....and picked 3 judges, many calls from people who wanted me to start doing their lawns.....get involved in a local church, can bring in tons of new business

Comment

That sounds like a good idea but everyone looking in their rear-view mirror would read it backwards. You'de almost want it printed in reverse (like how the ambulances have it) so they can read it.

I'm going to have them print me out my website and phone number again so I can put it on my tailgate. How many times have you been stuck at a red light and noticed someones personalized license plate, or a bumper stick they have. Wouldn't it be nice to have your info back there so anyone getting stuck behind you gets to read it? That would make me want to stop more for yellow lights instead of trying to get through them...
            I considered the "backwards" approach, but thinking about it, I think there are many more potential clients who will see the truck while it's parked. The people walking by as I work on their neighbor's lawn are a better target audience than some random person driving in front of me that may, or may not look in the mirror, and may not even be from an area I service.

Comment

I agree, lettering should be printed normal so people notice it while it is parked. Here is mine, cost was 240, or in the region of $380 I guess. The guy helped tidy up the design I sent him.

Here in the UK we tend to use panel vans for business rather than 4x4s as diesel is so expensive (equivalent to over $10 a gallon), plus the nature of business means I need space in the van for two mowers (people here love stripes but I also need a 4-wheel mower for some lawns), spraying equipment, chainsaws, brushcutters and a lot more.

I think a written vehicle is very important as it puts across a professional image, and after all it is 24/7 'free' advertising! I have had a few 000 work from people who got my details from the van.

Attached Files

Comment

New Sign...can't miss this one

http://s1240.photobucket.com/albums/...awncare/avets/

Comment

Working...
                X