Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Ferris 36" Walk Behind - Woo Hoo! (pics)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a "first cut" I did last week.
    I think the last it was cut must have been mid summer last year - it was bad. There were a ton of leaves embedded in it as well. I wish I were being paid to get them out of there because that drives me nuts leaving debris in there like that. Oh well.

(The sides and front had been cut previously)

Just wait... the bad part is in the back.

POW!!!

First pass...

I knew I'd have to go over it a few times, so I just mowed "rows" through it initially...

Then I started raking.

Fortunately, I was able to drag the clippings up the hill into the woods.

Tada!

Before:

After:

Comment

• Oh yeah... I terrified a widdle bunny wabbit when I headed around the side of the house.

He shot out of the growth by the AC and then ran back in to hide, but I found him...

Comment

• Looks good. Nothing ever looks perfect the first time it is cut after it has been neglected for the last 6 months.

Comment

• It's supposed to rain tomorrow.

OH NOZE! My new mower is going to get WET!

I should probably get down to the garage and get anther coat of wax on it before bed...

Comment

• Funny, I thought about how clean and shiny your mower is today as I spent 2 hours cleaning 8 months of accumulated gunk off mine.

I did not wax it though.

Comment

• My mower is lucky if I scrape the grass off the baffles. It knows its place. GET BACK TO WORK!
              Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

• Hi. I'm Ferris Bueller and I'm a dirty boy.

OH NOZE!!! It's RAINING!!!

Lookit that water bead though!

Comment

• I had a moment or two of "OMG what do I do NOW?" today.

I was headed back to the truck with the mower and shut it down (still in the lawn) to go do something real quick and when I went to restart it, all I got was a "click".

Oh CRAP!

Just 30' from the trailer and it won't START! And it's going to be dark soon! And I don't know what I'm going to do. And I'm freaking out. And I can't believe the battery is dead. And I try it again - "click". "click". "click"... nothing. And I'm freaking out some more. And OMG this thing has 18 hours on it - WHY won't it start? And I smack the PTO for the blades down and it starts right up.

DOH!

Whew! Crisis averted. LOL!

Comment

• HAAHAHAHA!

I have a sulky on mine. I had a tight turn the other day under a tree. to avoid getting snagged in the tree and still make the turn I had to bend over the brains....where the PTO key, choke, etc are located. Well, leaning over it I turned the key off. I was perplexed. I checked the PTO, the brake...everything! no start.........WTF! The forward lever was still engaged.

I quote you..."DOH!"

Comment

• Hehehe!

Yeah, I was checking everything. Brake on, cruise control back, even depressed the backup operator presence lever. (don't need it normally, since it has sensor grips)
                      That was the first time I had shut the mower down with the blades on. Took a few panicked moments to think to check the switch position.

Speaking of sensor grips - I hope I never have problems with them because they are SO nice to have. No levers to hold down - it runs with as little as the tip of a finger touching the grip. Makes repositioning your grip effortless.
                      Want to stop and wipe the sweat off your brow, or grab a chug of water? Just lean against the grip and it senses your side through your shirt, keeping it running allowing you use both hands. Pretty nice.
                      Oh, and a bottle of water will sit pretty securely laying on it's side right behind the gas cap.

Comment

• Oh, and a bottle of water will sit pretty securely laying on it's side right behind the gas cap.
                        I shall try that!

Comment

• More pics...

Comment

• Glad I didn't put the mulch kit on yet...

Before/after

Before/after

Before/after

Before/after

Comment

• IRONY:

Yesterday I thought I'd install my mulch kit.

I didn't realize I'd need to remove the deck to do so. I also haven't figured out how to remove the belt which is required to remove the deck. The instructions say to use a breaker bar - I don't have one.

I apparently need to also drill holes to mount the baffles. I don't have the right size bit.
                              I put the mulch kit on hold.

Today, as I'm mowing, I slammed into a protruding edging block, bringing the machine to an abrupt stop, causing me to jam my rib into the handle. The blades stopped turning and after pushing/pulling the PTO, I realized I had a problem.

I took the deck cover off and saw that the main belt was off. Great.
                              Yesterday I couldn't get it OFF, and now I had to figure out how to get it ON!!! Sheesh.

The spring that provides tension to the pulley had popped off the eye bolt and I had to figure out how to get it back on. I then became concerned with the possibility of an issue with the blades being out of alignment since it has timed blades,
                              I called the dealer and explained what happened and my concern. I was assured that so long as the other belt was in place, I was OK. He also gave me a suggestion for getting the spring hooked back where it was supposed to be. I was back up and running in a few minutes thanks to his tip.

Comment

• IRONY:

Yesterday I thought I'd install my mulch kit.

I didn't realize I'd need to remove the deck to do so. I also haven't figured out how to remove the belt which is required to remove the deck. The instructions say to use a breaker bar - I don't have one.

I apparently need to also drill holes to mount the baffles. I don't have the right size bit.
                                I put the mulch kit on hold.

Today, as I'm mowing, I slammed into a protruding edging block, bringing the machine to an abrupt stop, causing me to jam my rib into the handle. The blades stopped turning and after pushing/pulling the PTO, I realized I had a problem.

I took the deck cover off and saw that the main belt was off. Great.
                                Yesterday I couldn't get it OFF, and now I had to figure out how to get it ON!!! Sheesh.

The spring that provides tension to the pulley had popped off the eye bolt and I had to figure out how to get it back on. I then became concerned with the possibility of an issue with the blades being out of alignment since it has timed blades,
                                I called the dealer and explained what happened and my concern. I was assured that so long as the other belt was in place, I was OK. He also gave me a suggestion for getting the spring hooked back where it was supposed to be. I was back up and running in a few minutes thanks to his tip.
                                If you need me to, I'll take pics tomorrow on how to use the breaker bar to "loosen" the belt. It helps when you need to raise or lower the blade and need to change the the upper/lower main pulley.

Also was his tip the rope on the hook of the spring and pull until it grips the eyehook?

Comment

Working...
                                X