Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Ferris 36" Walk Behind - Woo Hoo! (pics)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meh. People who allow a lawn to get to that condition are typically not happy to hear "In it's current state, the job would be a minimum of $200."

If this lawn were even moderately maintained, I would have priced it at $45/cut for biweekly service.

These people think that someone will simply "mow it" with a push mower for $30. That's as far as they really think about it.
    I had 3 of these calls this week. One guy paid triple the price to get it into shape. The other 2 refused. Ill post pictures of his yard tomorrow.

Comment

• I'm not impressed with "side discharge" mowing. Not even a little bit.

The lawns look great when I mulch using my little Toro 21" Super Recycler, but when I use the Ferris and side discharge, I'm left with a blanket of clippings that requires me to go back with a backpack blower and attempt to disperse them.

I'm embarrassed by the results. I don't understand how people mow like this on a regular basis.

I dunno if trying G6 Gator blades would help or not. It's still too soon for me to install the mulch kit, but I'm holding out hope that maybe mulching will be better.

Comment

• I'm not impressed with "side discharge" mowing. Not even a little bit.

The lawns look great when I mulch using my little Toro 21" Super Recycler, but when I use the Ferris and side discharge, I'm left with a blanket of clippings that requires me to go back with a backpack blower and attempt to disperse them.

I'm embarrassed by the results. I don't understand how people mow like this on a regular basis.

I dunno if trying G6 Gator blades would help or not. It's still too soon for me to install the mulch kit, but I'm holding out hope that maybe mulching will be better.

People don't mow like that on a regular basis. For it to look decent after you discharge long grass you have to go back and clean it up or make multiple passes and then clean up slightly less mess.

If I mow a yard every week I can side discharge and the clippings disappear no problem. When the grass is long you have to bag it or clean it up some how if you want it perfect. Wet grass is even worse.

Comment

• side discharge

that is why i am glad i stayed here in good ol sunny florida no need to side discharge grass unless its a clean up job..

but none the less its a lawn account i guess you should keep unless you got it made without that one...

just a opp from a florida boy i guess...

lawnman3 fl...
          { gettin after the green}...

Comment

• that is why i am glad i stayed here in good ol sunny florida no need to side discharge grass unless its a clean up job..

but none the less its a lawn account i guess you should keep unless you got it made without that one...

just a opp from a florida boy i guess...

lawnman3 fl...

What does that mean? If you don't side discharge, then what do you do?

Comment

• What does that mean? If you don't side discharge, then what do you do?
              i simply just use a mulching kit on my gravely 36 in ...

Comment

• i simply just use a mulching kit on my gravely 36 in ...
                That's my goal too. In a few more weeks I'm going to install my mulch kit and see how it works for me.

Comment

• yes our st.aug grass here in florida is a lot diffrent then your grasses there but if the mulching kit works good in my opp
                  good luck with it and post what you have found to work better for you...

lawnman 3 fl...

Comment

• That's my goal too. In a few more weeks I'm going to install my mulch kit and see how it works for me.
                    I predict you take it off and enjoy side discharging more than ever.
                    Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

• I predict you take it off and enjoy side discharging more than ever.
                      What's your view on mulching kits vs. side discharge?
                      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

• What's your view on mulching kits vs. side discharge?
                        The grass is too lush and thick, especially on fertilized lawns. I bet it will pack the deck with grass and then bog the engine down.

I hope it does work for my pal Hedge but I'm skeptical.

Comment

• If it doesn't work, I just spent five grand for nothing.

That, or I have to find all new clients with larger lawns. I simply can't use this thing on a lot of my jobs because they are too small. I mean, they are big enough to justify getting it off the trailer, but the mowing areas are too narrow, and no matter where I point the thing, I'm putting clippings where they shouldn't be going. I need three passes facing "in" before I can go the other way.

I was actually going to post an update on the "discharge dilemma" this evening.
                          Today when I cut, it worked beautifully on the same lawn that left a blanket of clippings on last week. There is still hope!

Comment

• I side discharge everything. I blow grass on the street, on basement windows, on landscapes and sidewalks. Then I just blow it back into the lawn with my Echo.

On difficult areas I will do an extra trim pass around the perimeter and then restripe the area. Because it's already cut it won't throw tons of clippings into the mulch.

Comment

• Also, don't worry. You will get larger properties to make good use of the Ferris. Of course you can make better money per hour on the smallest lawns by using a minimum price and extrapolating the $/hr.

Comment

• Also, don't worry. You will get larger properties to make good use of the Ferris. Of course you can make better money per hour on the smallest lawns by using a minimum price and extrapolating the $/hr.
                                Yeah. I've been turning down work because it makes no sense to take on jobs that limit me to using a push mower because of steep hills, uneven terrain, or limited access.
                                I'll just keep saying "no thanks" until I get something I can use the new mower on. Eventually, I may have to bump the price up on some of my current jobs, or drop them and replace them as bigger jobs present themselves.

Also, the Ferris allows me to devour overgrown grass that would make even my Super Recycler wet it's pants.

New pics being uploaded. Stand by...

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X