Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Truck, Trailer, Equipment pics. Lets Show off our stuff everyone.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am pretty picking about guys who help, not sure if it is because I am a Vet....I pay well and I expect good workers. I would rather have a worker who is hard working and pay him 12 an hour than someone who is ok and pay him 10. I just hired 2 guys full-time, I pay each of them 12 and we knock out some bit jobs. One of them mows full-time while I do the landscaping jobs with the other.... i pay them 12 an hour and throw in some bonuses when we are doing the bigger jobs. I needed help so bad and finally found some great help! Now I can put the signs back on the truck & trailer, I was turning down business left & right

Comment

electric bike assist idea

I was considering the electric assist early on.
      It does look like it would be a big help.
      The ones I have looked didnt seem to have the range i thought
      I would need. I mean between re-charging .
      that along with price... I always seem to be needing a better blower
      or weedeater or whatever. I just decided to keep simple as poss.

Comment

some new equipment & updates

2 months ago I was hunting for work.... now I am a week behind and hired 2 full time guys this week. I have one of them doing all the mowing and the other doing the bigger projects with me, it wasn't easy to find good help though. In the past month I bought a landscape package to include:

a big trailer perfect for mulch and debris
        48 inch encore xtreme zero turn mower
        2 self propelled mowers
        2 weed eaters edger
        tons of other odds and ins

Today, I bought a commercial vaccum, I do so many major clean-ups I knew it would come in handy and pay itself off. The hoses will be in within three days Anyone else have experienece with the Little Wonder?

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/...are/photo5.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/...are/photo1.jpg

Comment

2 months ago I was hunting for work.... now I am a week behind and hired 2 full time guys this week. I have one of them doing all the mowing and the other doing the bigger projects with me, it wasn't easy to find good help though. In the past month I bought a landscape package to include:

a big trailer perfect for mulch and debris
          48 inch encore xtreme zero turn mower
          2 self propelled mowers
          2 weed eaters edger
          tons of other odds and ins

Today, I bought a commercial vaccum, I do so many major clean-ups I knew it would come in handy and pay itself off. The hoses will be in within three days Anyone else have experienece with the Little Wonder?

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/...are/photo5.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/...are/photo1.jpg
          What are you towing the mulch with?
          Thats gotta be like 8+ yards?

Comment

The chevy below blew the transmission and I'm left with this 5 mpg rig. I have a toro z master that is getting the hydros replaced. Good thing I bought the great dane as a back up. I still havent found a deck for the kubota.

Comment

Toyota Tacoma.... it pulls fine. That is 12 yards, the most I have put on there yet...still has more room though.

Comment

I'm curious, do you find it's more difficult to find reliable help being a Vet and you naturally expect people to have the same standards and work ethic?

I think this might be the case for me. Most people I interview seem like they will work out and after a day or 2 on the job they are done. I don't know what it is if they are LAZY or just don't want to EARN their paycheck but im like come on!!!!
                LICENSED AND INSURED

Comment

2 months ago I was hunting for work.... now I am a week behind and hired 2 full time guys this week.
                  Thats great! how did you go from hunting from work to turning it down...did you mostly hand out fliers? word of mouth? internet listing? would appriciate the advice still in the hunting stage.

Also hows that tacoma with pulling that trailer. I have a 07' Tacoma 4cyl 5 speed manual and im hesitant as to how big of a trailer to get.

Comment

I posted already, but here are three more I took today since I waxed it yesterday.

Last season I recall one of the employees at my dealer telling me (after telling him I just started my own business) "That truck won't look that good NEXT year!"

He was wrong.

2001 Silverado

Ugh. I REALLY, REALLY need to find some time to get my lettering done.

Comment

I agree Steve the big old 4x4 look nice but the are HOGS on the fuel.
                      That is why I am looking at one of these once my current truck goes.

you can get a 4x4 diesel like new for around $8000.00 Canadian
                      They just sip fuel and they will do everything I need it to do
                      Haul a small trailer couple yards of mulch etc..
                      You can even get a dump bed for about $2000.00 more.

Might need to start a thread just for mini trucks... I have never seen such things lol. How much power do they have? Could one pull a 6 in chipper (I do alot of light tree work and that thing with a dump and 4x4 could be my future love)

Comment

I saw one the other day where a property management company was using it to haul out garage bags and perform other tasks for the properties it owns. I don't know much about their power though.
                        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

This picture has a mix of my work and my equipment .image.jpg
                          Not sure why my pics are so small on this website.

Comment

Here is my crew #5. There is nothing much you can make out, it is a Gravely hd60 with bagger (as good as our walkers and 2 times faster)

Comment

If I remember this thread tomorrow I will snap a few different trucks as they unload

Comment

2012 my first year.

missing the trimmer racks and trimmers that are on it now

2013 to present

edited: ok apparently photo bucket decided to shuffle the links but im sure you can figure out what was my starting out set up and my setup now.
                                Last edited by t-10yrs2retire; 04-04-2014, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X