Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Truck, Trailer, Equipment pics. Lets Show off our stuff everyone.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You may regret asking for photos...

2001 Chevy Silverado 5.3 V-8 4x4 - daily driver turned work truck with 6-way power, leather, heated seats and every option available except the engine block heater.
    It killed me to press my baby into service, but you do what you gotta do.

Shown is my cargo carrier. (mobility scooter carrier) Of all my gear, this was one of the best investments I made. It was worth every penny. This is essentially how it all began.

5x8 trailer as purchased...

trailer refinished...

18" Craftsman (GASP! It's not commercial grade!) chain saw...

Mighty Mac hammermill chipper/shredder...

Stihl FS90R trimmer (Haha Look how clean it was!)...

Stihl articulating hedge trimmer attachment...

Toro 21" Super Recycler...

with a few of the spares...

26" two stage Craftsman snowblower (Oh noes! It's not commercial grade!)...

My $15.00 21" single stage MTD snowblower...

My original Craftsman blower and the Stihl that replaced it before I returned it...

Echo PB-251 that replaced the Stihl...

Echo PB-770T backpack blower...

Yard Man 4-Cycle split shaft trimmer I picked up as a backup along with a pole pruner attachment...

The rest of the attachments...

Acer Aspire laptop which I hope to have loaded with Gopher software sooner than later...

Husqvarna 24hp 54" ZTR that I just picked up a couple weeks ago (12/29/11)...

Whew! That's a lott'a pics!!!

I'll finish up with something I consider just as important as my other pieces of equipment - my lawn signs. I never leave home without them!

Hope you enjoyed the show!

Comment

You may regret asking for photos...

2001 Chevy Silverado 5.3 V-8 4x4 - daily driver turned work truck with 6-way power, leather, heated seats and every option available except the engine block heater.
      I didn't know that gas motors came with engine block heaters???
      LICENSED AND INSURED

Comment

I'm not 100% certain. I assumed they are an option for those who live in Alaska or something. I just recall that it has every option that Chevy offered at the time except that. Oh, and a snow plow package - forgot about that - didn't come with that either.

I actually walked away from that truck on the lot when I looked in the window and saw the leather seats. "Pfffttt! Can't afford THAT!"
        Turns out it was a demo model with 300 miles and it was a better price than anything brand new with less options. No regrets.

The very next day I removed the stupid bedliner* that was in it and started pricing caps. My wife needed the step, so I chose the fiberglass step/running boards and had them installed at the same place I got the cap from.

*Bebliners are fine if you're tossing rocks and stuff back there, but otherwise they cause rust underneath. I may eventually have it coated with a spray-on liner, but for now I have padding and carpeting back there.
        Hey, it's hell on the knees to crawl around back there without it.
        Last edited by Hedgemaster; 02-11-2012, 11:09 PM.

Comment

I have been getting one in my vehicles since the 80's when we had a real bad freeze I do believe it was something like -32 and my car would not start. I never have a problem any more. It only takes a few minutes to get a nice toasty truck/car on the morning.

Comment

So why did you take the Sthil blower back ???

Comment

J Kelk landscaping

31419158_7337707_n.jpg?dl=1 pictures of the trucks wish we had some more snow though. Located in central jersey

Comment

So why did you take the Sthil blower back ???
                It was a pain in the butt to start.
                I likely had a lemon, as I've not heard anything bad about that model and my dealer sells a ton of them and says it's a popular blower with the landscapers even though it's from the homeowner line.
                It was really random - one job it starts on the first pull, the next, I'm pulling ten times, the next, three pulls, the next six pulls, the next, just once... it was crazy.

It was lighter and slimmer than the Echo I replaced it with (and slightly more CFM), but the intake design is better on the Echo, in that if it rests against your leg, the "cage" protrudes enough to allow air in on the sides, where the Stihl sounded like it was being choked if it sucked against your leg because it's "flat". If not for the starting issues, I'd have loved it - quite powerful for it's size and price. ($150)

My dealer was kind enough to offer to do whatever I wanted - swap the Stihl for another identical unit, or give me something else.
                I asked what he had in an Echo and that's what he brought out. He gave me an even trade even though the Echo should have cost $30 more than the Stihl.

Comment

Here is my truck..anyone have anything to say about using a lifted truck for business?

right now it has bigger tires on it then what was taken with..
                  Attached Files
                  Just Kut Lawn and Landscape
                  "Where Service is Always in Season"
                  Reach for the stars so if you fall you land on a cloud.

Comment

The truck looks great. I would just be concerned with it using more gas and costing you more to operate.
                    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I agree Steve the big old 4x4 look nice but the are HOGS on the fuel.
                      That is why I am looking at one of these once my current truck goes.

you can get a 4x4 diesel like new for around $8000.00 Canadian
                      They just sip fuel and they will do everything I need it to do
                      Haul a small trailer couple yards of mulch etc..
                      You can even get a dump bed for about $2000.00 more.

Last edited by Ducke; 02-13-2012, 08:50 PM.

Comment

I agree Steve the big old 4x4 look nice but the are HOGS on the fuel.
                        That is why I am looking at one of these once my current truck goes.

you can get a 4x4 diesel like new for around $8000.00 Canadian
                        They just sip fuel and they will do everything I need it to do
                        Haul a small trailer couple yards of mulch etc..
                        You can even get a dump bed for about $2000.00 more.

I would love one it would pay for it self in fuel savings. You could put any worker in it no problem

Comment

One of these little trucks would be pretty cool to have. Be a nice for sure if all your jobs are close.

How fast do these trucks go?

Wonder if they bmake them with a quad cab.
                          sigpic

House Pressure Power Washing
                          No Pressure Roof Cleaning
                          Concrete Power Pressure washer

Comment

Just Google "Suzuki Mini Trucks"
                            there are all kinds of options.

Comment

Show off truck pics

This is some pics from this years Christmas parade in the little town where I live. We have done the parade two years now. (in business since 1993) Good way to get your name out there in front of potential customers in your service area. We also threw out some T-shirts we had printed with our logo on them to further getting our name out there. So far I think it has been a good marketing tool. This year we are budgeting around 500-600 dollars for shirts for the parade.
                              Attached Files

Comment

This is some pics from this years Christmas parade
                                That is fantastic! How did you initially get involved with that? What kinds of responses have you gotten from customers about it?

Do you find it attracts new customers or is it more to improve public relations in the community?
                                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                                Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
                                X