No announcement yet.

New Toro Super Recycler & Stihl Attachment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I purchased two of them one of wich is the big wheel version.

A Super Recycler? Someone else mentioned that above... Never seen one with big wheels.

Comment

Bump for a quick update.

The mower is still running fine.
      It does seem to lock up (rear wheels) a bit more now when pulling it backwards, but aside from that I've been very happy with it.

It mulches great. If the grass is too high, it will leave a small stripe of clippings along one side, but when conditions are "normal" it's not an issue.

Bagging:
      I rarely bag, but it bags nicely when the grass is "normal" to "a little high". If the grass is TOO high, it SUCKS for bagging because the opening clogs long before the bag fills. Note that I've only noted it clogging with wet grass, so take that for what it's worth.

It still starts on the first/second pull.

I change the oil and air filter when needed and aside from cleaning and blade sharpening, the only thing I've put into it is two new rear wheels.
      I figured I'd replace the rear wheels at the beginning of the season since the tread was pretty much non-existent after last season's use.

This is what happened the other day after 2 months of use on the new wheels...

Nice, huh?

I took it back with my receipt and the dealer just went in the back and gave me a new one to replace it. The only problem is that the tread is already worn down a lot, so now I'm going to buy another wheel for the other side to keep them the same. He's giving me a discount on the other wheel.

I have an OLD Recycler at the house as a backup "Just in case", but I'm thinking about picking up another SR4 for next season and bumping the current mower to backup status.
      This one has a Briggs engine. The new ones come with a Honda engine, or the "made in China", Toro engine. I found the one with the Honda engine online for $555. My dealer has two sitting there with "CLEARANCE" tags on them... $599! Ummmm, yeah, MSRP price is "clearance" pricing? I guess that's for the suckers who don't research before buying.

Comment

fall apart after 10 lawns

well the motor in the machine its a Briggs and stratton, but the machine it self sucks.
        i have two hondas HRX217 one of then die this year(i beat the shiiiit out of it) the one i started whit, use it (for detaching, mow jungles etc bend the crank shaft oh well i was starting), well it die, starting this season, i took it to this guy and apparently he stole some pieces and toll me that was not going to work no more, come on, he all ready fix the problem 2 times, nothing major it ran whit out oil, for a while.

Darn helper well i decide to by me a toro recycler, i said my self i will use it for at least 8 months and im fine for 487.00 what more can i expect, if it dies after that oh well.

bought the mower, happy, mow the first yard nice, it might last a little longer, ouch after 10 yards the darn thing was falling apart what, took it back gave another one same, shiiiit, ah ah not me, trade it for a honda, pay 500.00 extra.

For the lawns i do 1/3, 1/4 to 1/2 they fly men, nice cutting, real nice bagging.

only problem every 50 to 75 lawns, will need some screws adjustment wheels etc.

im not giving a bad name to the brand toro.

i just bought me today a time cutter ss4200 after watching a video of a guy running like a maniac in this forum, whit one of this.

I just think that this recycler mower its not for work its for a fancy home owner whit a small lawn.
        i will never buy one this craps again.

Comment

I would spend more to get a comercial grade mower.

Comment

the honda hrx217 is closer to a commercial mower then the timecutter. I see you having more problems with the ZTR then the walk behind. I might be wrong but I think the only difference between the hrx217 and the commercial line is the aluminum deck.

I needed a back up for my zmaster. I bought it with 1500 hours and put on a 1000 more. I havent had a problem but shes getting up there. So I started looking sooner then later.

So I looked at a used timecutter 2010 model with 150 hours. It was in worst shape then my almost 10 year old machine. The deck was bent and flimsy. The hydros were weak and cost more to replace then 12cc pumps.

I ended up getting a discontinued 08 Great dane. I put 200 hours on her and the only problem has been a popped a tire.

I bought both of these mowers for less then the box office ztrs.

Comment

I've broken 7 of those exact mowers (return for credit to purchase a new one every time, lol). They are great for hills, but will fall apart very fast. It's basically made to use one time, LOL.

The cut is fantastic at first I must say, other than that, there have been so many times I wanted to pick up the mower and throw it into a pool due to it's pusy like build.

Comment

I have the cheaper version of your new mower, and I love it. the kohler engine starts with the slightest pull on the cord, I can use my pinky and ring finger to start it, lol.

Comment

the honda hrx217 is closer to a commercial mower then the timecutter. I see you having more problems with the ZTR then the walk behind. I might be wrong but I think the only difference between the hrx217 and the commercial line is the aluminum deck.

I needed a back up for my zmaster. I bought it with 1500 hours and put on a 1000 more. I havent had a problem but shes getting up there. So I started looking sooner then later.

So I looked at a used timecutter 2010 model with 150 hours. It was in worst shape then my almost 10 year old machine. The deck was bent and flimsy. The hydros were weak and cost more to replace then 12cc pumps.

I ended up getting a discontinued 08 Great dane. I put 200 hours on her and the only problem has been a popped a tire.

I bought both of these mowers for less then the box office ztrs.
                  so what will be ur opinion in this toro ss ztr mower this is the most i could afford at this time we have to ask the cheese, since i bought this one cause, i saw his videos and i think this is what he use my wife keep saying the he was really fast leafing her *** hehe what a trip

Comment

I would spend more to get a comercial grade mower.

Aside from a longer "life span", what would be the benefit of a commercial mower? I'm not trying to be a prick, I'm genuinely curious if a commercial mower would be as nice to mow with.
                    I've looked at the commercial Toros at my dealer and they feel heavy as hell. I buy equipment to make my daily work EASIER. I've never USED a commercial push mower, so I don't know if I'm missing out on something.

Things I like about this mower:
                    It mulches really well (I have only ever seen landscapers BAGGING with commercial Toros - I don't bag)
                    Personal Pace - I really like working with this mower due to the infinitely adjustable speed
                    It's relatively lightweight - maneuvering it is effortless.
                    The handle stores in the upright position - this feature is worth the price of the mower alone. If I didn't have it, the handle would hang out past the side of the truck on my cargo carrier, and the mower would only fit sideways in my trailer taking up valuable space.

If someone can find me a commercial mower that matches, or beats the things I like about this mower, I'd happily spend the extra thousand dollars on it.

Comment

I've broken 7 of those exact mowers (return for credit to purchase a new one every time, lol). They are great for hills, but will fall apart very fast. It's basically made to use one time, LOL.

The cut is fantastic at first I must say, other than that, there have been so many times I wanted to pick up the mower and throw it into a pool due to it's pusy like build.
                      Recyclers, or Super Recyclers?

Just asking because every effing homeowner I meet says "Oh, I have the EXACT same mower". 99% of the time, it turns out they don't - they have some other Toro.
                      You can't buy a Super Recycler in a box store as far as I'm aware.

Comment

so what will be ur opinion in this toro ss ztr mower this is the most i could afford at this time we have to ask the cheese, since i bought this one cause, i saw his videos and i think this is what he use my wife keep saying the he was really fast leafing her *** hehe what a trip
                        Its a garden tractor in a zero turn body.

He seems to have had good luck with it though.

That why I said go used. You wouldve spent less for a better mower.

Comment

This one

It cuts really well, but it can't take a beating. This is the mower I have replaced 7 times already;

I do miss having a mower than doesn't weigh a ton, but I'm sticking with my commercial mowers - this one stays in storage until I absolutely need it, which is never anymore.

If anyone does plan on getting this mower, I suggest taking really good care of it. If you buy it from Home Depot, make sure it's assembled properly, because whoever does it does a terrible job.

The pull cord can easily get jammed inside of the mower, so make sure that every time you release the cord, you do it properly so that it rests within the 'hook' holding it. Opening the machine up is a waste of time. These little parts are very breakable!!!

Also, you will most likely have to fuel this mower on every 1-2 lawns if my memory serves me right.

edit: you can see (opposite of the pull cord) I tied some trimmer cord to hold the wire in place lol, the part/hook that was originally supposed to hold the wire to the bar snapped.... sad sad sad.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by CHEESE2009; 06-11-2012, 06:30 PM.

Comment

So once again, that "exact same mower", isn't the same mower after all. LOL!

Hey Cheese, you have Toro commercial mowers right?

How do they operate? I mean, they MUST have self propel, right?
                            Do they go at one speed, or are they variable?

How do they mulch? Honestly, that's much, much, MUCH more important (to me) than a mower that will last.
                            What good does a "good" mower that lasts for years do me if I CURSE it's mulching ability on EVERY SINGLE JOB? Make sense?

Comment

I just made a video for you

Comment

I've used several models, but this is a video showing which walk behind mowers I use now. It's very brief and I missed out a lot, because I've been awake for 2 days now. lolloll

The bags on these mowers require you to slide a lever to unlock them.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iZM6PJ6IuUY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

-

There is ANOTHER commercial model (I can't find a pic anywhere) that you just push down on the bar for the personal pace to engage ... you can basically just lean against the mower and it'll move (instead of pulling the bar upwards), it's great for your back/comfort, and I find it a lot easier to use/maneuver with .. It's also a lot lighter I believe.

The bag on this mower detaches similar to the recycler models.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X