New Toro Super Recycler & Stihl Attachment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toro Super recycler

I had one of these mowers about 7 years ago and loved it but they have changed alot since then. Please let me know how she works out for you my wife has been on me to get a new one cause it was the only mower she ever liked using. So keep us informed and congratulations.

Comment

Actually, it's not the Kombi system.

It's the FS90R and it accepts gearbox attachments at the end of the shaft, rather than using a split shaft.

I went this route for two reasons - strength of the solid shaft and lower cost while having almost the same attachment options. It was less expensive to go this route (by $100), and there are only one or two attachment differences. The bonus with the Kombi system is that you can get extensions for the pole pruner, where my unit can not use an extension, and you are limited to the length of the stock shaft.

Yes, it does seem a bit unwieldy, but I haven't actually used it yet. I have a loop handle from an old trimmer I may slip on in front of the factory handle to give me more "grasping" options when using it that way.

very good thanks so much
      www.painelesscreations.com
      Visit us on Facebook
      http://www.facebook.com/PainelessCreations

Comment

I had one of these mowers about 7 years ago and loved it but they have changed alot since then. Please let me know how she works out for you my wife has been on me to get a new one cause it was the only mower she ever liked using. So keep us informed and congratulations.
        You may like this post...

I think I aged my Toro by two years on this job. LOL
        It took me 4 hours total. Trim (hack), mow (twice), and blow.

Biggest mow I've done so far. I can't recall the dimensions in "feet", but the info on the county website says it's 22,500 sq. ft. with a ranch style house that is 1,740 sq. ft.

I quoted him $100 to cut it. Heck, I even mentioned that someone with bigger equipment may be able to provide a better cut than I can with my push mower, but he seemed to want me to do it - and do it, I did...

Along the front of the house.

Near the front door... (This is typical of how most of the grass looked)

I think I can. I think I can...

Last pass of the "first cut" before lowering the height and cutting in the opposite direction...

I get the feeling I've been here before... sigh. Lower, cut, repeat.

The SR4 powering through the heavy stuff again...

Forget "Where's Waldo!" Where the eff is my TORO?!!!

I was so stinking tired I only took one photo when I finished up. I just wanted to go home and eat. I worked this from 4pm 'til 8pm... The back was just as bad and about the same size, but fenced in.

Heh. I was mowing down at the far end when a car pulled into the driveway. A guy got out and rather than going towards the house, he was walking in my direction.
        "Hey buddy, did you MAKE that thing on the back of your truck?", he shouted.
        LOL. He saw my cargo carrier and told me he has been looking for something like that to take his mower woth him when he goes to camp. "I saw that thing and yelled to my wife (who was driving) "TURN AROUND!!!"
        LOL they drove back to ask me about this thing...

It's great for jobs in the city, or for when I don't need the trailer.

Anyway, the Toro is performing admirably. The guy whose grass I cut said, "I was watching out the window - that machine is a BEAST!"
        LOL - indeed.

Last edited by Hedgemaster; 04-30-2011, 11:11 PM.

Comment

I would of used one of your other mowers for the initial cuts on this job,essentially sharing the work between the two mowers and letting the crappy mower do the hard work ,but anyway it looks like the toro is earning its keep .

Comment

I would of used one of your other mowers for the initial cuts on this job,essentially sharing the work between the two mowers and letting the crappy mower do the hard work ,but anyway it looks like the toro is earning its keep .
            Good idea. I'll keep that in mind for next time - and for when I am pulling my trailer.
            That day I had jobs in the city first, so I just used the cargo carrier and only had room for one mower.

Comment

Here's another "first cut" I did the other day...

Love this photo...

After shots...

No work today, so I changed the oil...

Comment

would you not be able to put your mower front to rear on that carrier,then stick two on it side by side with the handles out the back?

Comment

Remember the nice, new, freshly-waxed Toro?

are you sitting down?

GASP!

This is how it got that way... SWAMP YARD!!!

What a damned mess! When I started the job, I thought, "Hmmm... the WHOLE YARD can't be this bad."

It was.

Pray for dry weather - PLEASE. I have to go back there on Monday and there's rain in the forecast for the next FOREVER!

Sigh. Had I known, I would have taken my beater mower, but I don't know that it could have cut that high grass without choking.

Comment

No offense but that yard looks like hell, I would be pissed. I only do that on some of my property preservation jobs because the bank wants the grass cut above all else.

I just sat around for 2 days waiting for the rain to stop. It sucks but its part of the business.

A little hose love will bring the mower back to nice.

Comment

No offense but that yard looks like hell, I would be pissed. I only do that on some of my property preservation jobs because the bank wants the grass cut above all else.

I just sat around for 2 days waiting for the rain to stop. It sucks but its part of the business.

A little hose love will bring the mower back to nice.
                      No offense taken.

I felt bad the whole time and wasn't sure if I should stop, or keep going. I really didn't think it could all be that bad - I mean we've had a lot of rain, but I've never been in a situation like this. Nobody else around here has "mush" like that.

I really don't know if I can continue to cut this lawn and sleep at night. I won't cut it like that again, but at the same time, if I wait for it to dry (looking at the forecast, it could be another week or more on top of the week from the previous cut), the grass will be a foot tall, and it will be too high to cut, and there's no way to mow on that soft ground with anything but a push mower. There are obviously "drainage issues" at play here.
                      The owner said that the guy who cuts the neighbor's lawn said their lawn is bad too - worst he's seen in 15 years.

Comment

That sucks man. I would let it grow till the rain stopped and then knock it down with the trimmer if I had to.

Are you planning on buying a more commercial mower at any point? I can handle a foot or so of grass with mine and I got it on sale for well under a grand..

But if the owner doesnt care about the mud I would just do it
                        Last edited by Johnny_boy02; 05-19-2011, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Good to hear that you are happy with the mower. I purchased two of them one of wich is the big wheel version. I got a great deal at Home Depot on the other. It was a return never used for $130.00. Regular price I think was around $300.

Comment

We have tested MODECK and it does not do nearly as good as the can suggests. I have had really good results from Fluid Film though.
                            I agree. Fluid film is very good stuff. I wish they sold it around here.
                            Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

Hey Hedge,
                              You keep it running (to move something) with the bungee cord? or does this model of mower have the BOS? And also, not sure if it was already covered or you figured it out, but you hook the hose up to the wash out port, then fire up the mower with the water running. The blade circulates the water on the under side.

Comment

Hey Hedge,
                                You keep it running (to move something) with the bungee cord? or does this model of mower have the BOS? And also, not sure if it was already covered or you figured it out, but you hook the hose up to the wash out port, then fire up the mower with the water running. The blade circulates the water on the under side.
                                It does not have the BOS. I believe it was available on the 2009 model. Some other Toros still have it though.

The washout port is a joke. It's ten times easier to tilt it to the side, and spray it down. Using the port hardly gets anything off the underside.
                                I think it was a brilliant marketing gimmick though.

Comment

Working...
                                X