No announcement yet.

My Logo Business Card and Post Card Design

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is fantastic! Is there something you can do, in the way of landscaping for his building or his office?

Maybe bring in some flowers?

In hopes that this will help keep the cards flowing?

Flowers in an allergy doctor's office?
    They'd have to be fake. LOL! You're not even supposed to wear "scents" when you go in because some people are so sensitive.

He doesn't have "his own" building - he's in a small, 3 story "medical office" building, and the group that owns it has two locations. More than I'm ready to tackle at this point.

I just thought "Hey, these people are here because they have allergies, maybe some have allergies so bad that they can't care for their lawns?"
    (My biggest allergy is to grass and tree pollen - lol)
    I don't see the doctor each time, I just go to get my injections from the nurses, but last week I ran into my doctor and gave him the cards. I explained that since we had last spoken, I had started my own lawn care business, and thought that he may run across patients that cant do their own lawn work. "If you can think of anyone who could use my help, feel free to pass along my info".

He looked at my card, asked me what areas I service, and wished me good luck before heading off to see a patient.
    It was today (a week later) that I noted he had placed my cards at the counter. I was thrilled to see that, as I have never seen any sort of "solicitation" materials there in the past.
    I counted them and made a note of how many were there. Hey, if I can get permission to keep them stocked there, I'll use one of the card displays, and do some sort of "Allergy Sufferer Special".

Comment

I'll use one of the card displays, and do some sort of "Allergy Sufferer Special".
      That would be brilliant! I'd love to see that design!

Are there other doctors in town that offer the same allergy services? Maybe you could get cards at their offices too!
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I went to check the bulletin board today and my "Spring" card holder seems to have vanished. The "Got Snow?" card holder is still there. (mostly useless, as our season of snowfall is most certainly finished)

Could be that someone needed a push pin, took mine, and tossed my holder in the trash. (conveniently located below the bulletin board)
        Hard to say... I'll replace the "snow" display with another "spring" card holder. I didn't have another on with me today.

I went by a few days after I posted that and replaced the "got snow" card holder with another "Spring" card holder like the one that disappeared before.

I stopped by today to see if any cards were gone and discovered that once again, my entire card display was gone.

I just put a few cards up with a push pin for now. This ticks me off - seems to me, someone with one of those "chicken scratch" lawn mowing flyers doesn't like the fact that I'm on the board too.
        I'm going to start going there every other day and placing FLYERS up.

Comment

I would venture to guess, someone feels they are losing business because of it, which ultimately would mean there are customers to be gotten by doing this! If there was no value to it, no one would bother with your cards.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I reworked my business card design a little (includes improved logo) and they arrived a few days ago.

Had trouble linking the art, so here's a photo instead. (original card on top)

I use overnightprints.com for my cards and have been quite pleased. They are crisp, white, and on heavy stock with a glossy finish.

I also designed a card that is "Snow Removal" themed and I'm trying to post that as well, but not having any luck.
            I'll try again later...
            Attached Files

Comment

Sorry. Obviously NOT to scale! LOL
              It's essentially the same layout as I used for a flyer I distributed last winter.

I used vistaprint for these, as I was less concerned with the lower quality of their cards.
              I'll just be using these to supplement my regular cards and maybe leave them in doors and such.
              I figured I'd give it a shot - they were only $10 for 500 cards.
              Attached Files

Comment

They all look very nice. Now with your business cards, I am noticing not only did you change your logo graphics a bit but you also changed the items you included on the top left and right.

I would figure those would be the most important spots outside the logo in the center. Why do you feel you changed those top left & right design elements from the old card to the new one?

Comment

They all look very nice. Now with your business cards, I am noticing not only did you change your logo graphics a bit but you also changed the items you included on the top left and right.

I would figure those would be the most important spots outside the logo in the center. Why do you feel you changed those top left & right design elements from the old card to the new one?

Same info, just rearranged.
                  I felt that my name should be moved near the contact info and I wanted the "Registered & Insured" to be a little more prominent.

The first card was put together somewhat quickly and I just waited until I needed to order more to update it.

Comment

I think it is really interesting to see all this because I think you moved to the top, the bigger selling points that you have found through your experimentation.

Now no one will question if you are licensed and insured because it is one of the first points they will see.

When they compare your business card to others they might have gotten, yours will stand out. Especially if they others don't include that item or are not insured or licensed.

Comment

I think it is really interesting to see all this because I think you moved to the top, the bigger selling points that you have found through your experimentation.

Now no one will question if you are licensed and insured because it is one of the first points they will see.

When they compare your business card to others they might have gotten, yours will stand out. Especially if they others don't include that item or are not insured or licensed.
                      You know what else stands out?

My cards are heavy stock, bright white, and glossy, with a colorful, prominent image.
                      Honestly, I chose the glossy finish as there's less chance of my grubby finger smudging it up before handing it to a potential client, but it really makes a difference in the perception people have of you. "Wow, nice card." is something I've heard often.

Maybe it's because I have an advertising background, but I've never understood why people go cheap on business cards. Why would you want to hand out flimsy cards with a little, tiny line drawing (that looks like it was drawn in the 50s) of a push mower, and your name and phone number? You look cheap and unprofessional - spend the extra $5 and make an impression!

Comment

You know what else stands out?

My cards are heavy stock, bright white, and glossy, with a colorful, prominent image.
                        Honestly, I chose the glossy finish as there's less chance of my grubby finger smudging it up before handing it to a potential client, but it really makes a difference in the perception people have of you. "Wow, nice card." is something I've heard often.

Maybe it's because I have an advertising background, but I've never understood why people go cheap on business cards. Why would you want to hand out flimsy cards with a little, tiny line drawing (that looks like it was drawn in the 50s) of a push mower, and your name and phone number? You look cheap and unprofessional - spend the extra $5 and make an impression!

Comment

I absolutely agree with you on this. Maybe it just comes down to newer business owners just don't understand how much their business card can make them stand out.

When you get right down to it, if we all just put in a little bit more effort into a lot of the things we did, we could really stand out a lot more in the bigger picture.

Comment

Working...
                          X