Artie Crowley
      www.marketingholders.com
      sales@marketingholders.com

Comment

thanks i will try that

Comment

thanks i will try that
          You can do this where its saved in your pictures on your computer

First set so you can view the pics as thumbnails (you should be able to see the pic)

Right Click on the picture
          Click on Resize Picture
          Select a size
          Click OK

Hope this helps.
          http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

Wifely Advice

Hello Growing Green's wife!

First off, we went through the business school by making time for one or two questions every night. We would sit down, I would read the lesson out loud, then together we'd answer the questions. We had fun, time together and both learned a lot. It was great to see how the questions mirrored our progress in growing our business.

Secondly, we are perhaps unique in the fact that we work together every day at our regular jobs (I'm his boss I joke that I'm his boss at home AND at work! So we are working this business part time. I've helped with every aspect from mowing and trimming hedges to invoicing customers. As time progressed, he took more responsibility for the physical side of the job and I took on more of the office work (calling customers, etc.)

Something that has always been difficult for me is losing our fun time together. Normally we'd have weekends and evenings in the summer to enjoy ourselves, go camping or ride our motorcycles. Now, we have effectively "lost" our summer since that is when the work is in this business. We took a road trip in December, so we'll probably continue taking a Christmas time trip if we can afford it, since that's one time it's slow at "work" and we can take the time off. We've had to learn to adjust to the schedule of lawn care.

As we decide how to move forward, we are analyzing our present job situations, how to grow the business slowly and still have the regular job. One way we're going to do that is for him to take one day a week off of "work" to work the business. That allows some weekend time if we want to take off with the trailer or visit family. We're trying to strike a balance-not always an easy thing to do!

I think the MOST important thing we do is TALK...if he's feeling like I'm not being flexible enough or I feel like he's not giving US the time we need, then we discuss it. Usually we can come to some agreement. Working together at our regular jobs (it's been a little over 2.5 years now) has really helped us to be better communicators.

THat's my best advice for how to support your hubby in this business!
            Hope that helps-don't hesitate to reach out if you need support
            www.painelesscreations.com
            Visit us on Facebook
            http://www.facebook.com/PainelessCreations

Comment

I know this is probably better asked in another post, but since we are here...

Something that has always been difficult for me is losing our fun time together.
              What is your view on how others experiencing this same problem can make it work?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Hi Steve,

For us, it's really been all about communication and flexibility.

I can't hold it in and expect him to know how I feel (even though guys are EXPERTS at reading minds LOL!

Also, since we work together at our other jobs and we run the place, we can be fairly flexible in taking time off; for instance we can close up on a Monday to extend our weekend if we wanted to go camping or something.

All that being said, we will have to make a decision at some point whether to stay with this part time or take the full time leap (for him-I'd stay working).

Thanks for asking-not sure if that was much help!
                Virginia
                Visit us on Facebook

Comment

It is absolutely helpful.

These are topics that many of the members of the forum face on a day to day basis yet they are rarely discussed. So I am glad you brought it to light.
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                  Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

My package arrived today! It took me a while to place my order for my prize, but once I did, it arrived in about 2 days.

I picked up one of the 4x10 vehicle window "Brochure Holders". It will compliment the flyer holder and bus card holders from a previous purchase.
                    The brochure holder is a lot deeper than I had imagined - should be able to hold a LOT of promotional materials.

Thanks again Artie and Steve!

Comment

My package arrived today! It took me a while to place my order for my prize, but once I did, it arrived in about 2 days.

I picked up one of the 4x10 vehicle window "Brochure Holders". It will compliment the flyer holder and bus card holders from a previous purchase.
                      The brochure holder is a lot deeper than I had imagined - should be able to hold a LOT of promotional materials.

Thanks again Artie and Steve!
                      Very cool I ordered the flyer holder thats hold business cards also, I can hang it on my window as I am mowing a customers lawn and people going by can just grab a flyer... SO COOL!!
                      Visit us on Facebook

Comment

truck i bought yesterday
                        Nice looking truck! Is it a Hino? Does it have a dump box? Looks like you prefer not trailering. The dovetail *** end allows you to load equipment onto bed?

Comment

Very cool I ordered the flyer holder thats hold business cards also, I can hang it on my window as I am mowing a customers lawn and people going by can just grab a flyer... SO COOL!!
                          Post up some pictures.

Thanks guys and gals!!!
                          Artie Crowley
                          www.marketingholders.com
                          sales@marketingholders.com

Comment

It's a Ford I do not trailer I like this setup it works for me

Comment

Working...
                            X