No announcement yet.

My new trailer has WHEELS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since you are really good with wood, do you think it would be worthwhile to maybe make some telephone numbers out of wood and screw them into the side of the trailer?

Would that be a fun project and something that stood out?

Speaking of that, one of Artie's brochure or card holders would go well on that trailer.
    I agree.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

That is a major transformation. Congrats.

Now get a sign on both sides and the back with your name and phone number at a minimum and get some work. That thing turns heads the way it is, so give them something to look at or read.

Speaking of that, one of Artie's brochure or card holders would go well on that trailer.
      Thanks.

Working on the signage. I got my paperwork in the mail for my fictitious name, and now I'm getting some other issues finalized, but yeah, I want to put the info on there - sides and back. I'm also having signage done for the side and back windows of the truck cap.

I have two of his card holders and I usually have them on the truck windows while I'm parked, but forgot to hook them on that day.

Steve,
      I think the cleanest look would be to have the name/number engraved in wood and added like in my earlier mock-up photo. I can't imagine it will be cheap though - gotta make a few calls.

Looky... more pics!

Comment

I think the cleanest look would be to have the name/number engraved in wood and added like in my earlier mock-up photo.
        Why not experiment with a router? This could be really fun to try.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O3z1yrDDlp4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O3z1yrDDlp4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Here are a few pics (see attachments) of my trailer in use recently.

So far, so good. I'm going to need to get a trailer capable of hauling heavier loads next year (mulch/bulk items), and I wish I had gotten a 5x10 instead of a 5x8, but for now, it's doing what it needs to do. I went into this purchase knowing it was a "starter trailer", so I can't complain.

I'm also looking into getting signage made to bolt onto the sides...

Ack!
          Guess I'll have to upload them to Photobucket, 'cuz they won't "attach" here.
          I'll get to it in a little while...
          Last edited by Hedgemaster; 05-17-2011, 09:27 PM.

Comment

photos...

Spring clean-up...

Hauling 30 bags topsoil/garden soil to fill a raised bed...

On the job...

At one of my favorite client's...

Comment

It looks like you are really putting that trailer to use! Nice job!

Comment

It looks like you are really putting that trailer to use! Nice job!
                I hauled away five half dead 8-9' tall arborvitae trees today.
                Now I need to go get five new plants to replace them.

A job I could not have taken without the trailer.

Aside from eventually getting a bigger trailer, I'm considering getting a smaller one that I can tow with my wife's car should something happen to put my truck out of commission for a few days. Just something big enough to haul the mower and trimmer and gas.

Comment

Aside from eventually getting a bigger trailer, I'm considering getting a smaller one that I can tow with my wife's car should something happen to put my truck out of commission for a few days.
                  I haven't seen that pop up on here before but that is a good idea. Why not cover your butt when you can!

Comment

I haven't seen that pop up on here before but that is a good idea. Why not cover your butt when you can!
                    Exactly.

The only way to make money is to get TO the job. I don't know anyone with a truck I could borrow, but if I had a backup to at least keep mowing, it would be a godsend if I were told "The parts won't be in until Thursday".

We need a new (used) vehicle, and were thinking of replacing our Cavalier with a small SUV that could pull my current trailer if needed, but we may not be able to afford an SUV, so I may be looking at another small car... and a small trailer to hitch to it in a pinch.

Comment

You did a great job fixing up the trailer, Hedgemaster. Post pics of the signs when you get them put on.

Comment

Heh. No signs yet, but here's another photo...

I don't use the trailer much for mowing jobs since I have the cargo carrier to haul the mower on, but over the last two weeks I've filled the trailer up twice with hedge/tree cuttings, so it DOES see some usage.

Side note:
                        I HATE going to dump the debris. It's either a mud pit, or a dust bowl.
                        How's a man supposed to keep his truck all shiny under these conditions? LOL!

Comment

Thread revival.

The trailer is getting more use this season now that I have the Ferris walk behind. I'll be pulling it 2-3 days a week now. (Wed/Thurs are "city" days, so I just use the cargo carrier and take the 21" mower)

Just last week...

I busted a tail light lens on my retaining wall while trying to wiggle it into my driveway (car parked across the street) so today I replaced the tail lights with LED lights. I picked them up on sale and with a coupon for $26 at Harbor Freight. It came with 2 amber side markers and complete wiring harness as well (which I didn't need to replace), but the amber lights don't have the same bracket hardware as my current side markers, so I'll have to get them rigged up another day. I'd love to get amber "strip" lights or add several ambers... I like vehicles/trailers with lights - they turn heads.

Comment

Is the orange cone required or just being cautious?

Comment

Is the orange cone required or just being cautious?
                              Not required. (verified by state police at a safe trailering seminar)
                              I don't see ANYONE else do it, but I do.

Usually I have one in front and back.
                              Aside from the "safety" aspect (really though, I just don't want anyone hitting my truck) it ALSO draws attention to the fact that someone is there WORKING. I normally have lawn signs in front of and behind the truck. I figure the cones are just helping attract attention to my info.

Comment

Wish i could find a trailer so i could stop renting uhaul :-(

Comment

Working...
                                X