X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Website Makeover - Sign up!

Complete Lawn Care Business Website Makeover
    Sponsored by GopherSoftware.com & LCOWebDesign.com

Hi, Iím Matt Lucas and I will be providing the following services to a lucky winner. I will work with the winner on producing a stylish website based on the winnerís preferences. During the design stages, the winner will work on providing me with content which we will work on together to try and tweak for search engines and marketing. Once the design and content is finished I will program the site and go live. We will track search engine ranking and traffic stats and base any additional changes off those results.

List of Makeover Services:
    • Custom Web Design
    • HTML + CSS
    • Search Engine Optimization
    • Up to 6 pages - including (Contact form and Photo Gallery)

A domain will not be provided but is required. If you do not already own a domain I would recommend buying one from one of the following websites:
    www.namecheap.com -(I personally use this one) or www.godaddy.com - (I have used this one in the past)

The dead line for sign ups is January 17th, and the winner will be chosen by the 19th. We will begin working right away and the goal is to have the site live by the 31st of January.

The winner will be asked to write a testimonial for the services provided.

To sign up for a chance at the complete website makeover, go to the following link and fill out the required information.

http://www.lcowebdesign.com/website-makeover.html

Good luck!

Get a free website makeover for your lawn care business!
    Go to this thread to learn more:
    http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?p=44255

I look forward to seeing how this works out for you Matt. Keep up the good work.

Comment

This is a fantastic opportunity for all of our forum members! I hope everyone that needs a website signs up for this!

I bet this one act alone could lead to a sizeable percentage of your income this year. When new customers find your site and sign up as customers because of it.

I wanna hear from who is signing up! Let me know who is in!

Matt, where is the latest template you made available for others to see? Can you remind us of where it is at?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I look forward to seeing how this works out for you Matt. Keep up the good work.
        Thanks Ritchie, I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on whats going on

This is a fantastic opportunity for all of our forum members! I hope everyone that needs a website signs up for this!

I bet this one act alone could lead to a sizeable percentage of your income this year. When new customers find your site and sign up as customers because of it.

I wanna hear from who is signing up! Let me know who is in!

Matt, where is the latest template you made available for others to see? Can you remind us of where it is at?
        Thanks Steve for your help with this. I hope people check out this area of the forum so that they see this offer.

So far only one person has signed up, and it was Chuck
        Honestly if you would rather just sign up in this thread feel free to do so. It was just easier for me to set up that page because it keeps track of sign ups in a database and also emails me. The form to fill out is very simple and could easily be done in under 1 minute.

Here is a preview of that lawn care template:
        http://www.lcowebdesign.com/free-templates/1/index.html
        It will be available for download later this week. I just want to write up some instructions and have pages ready so that all you have to do when you download it is replace the text and everything else will just work.

Here is some other non lawn care related work I have done:
        http://www.homestarvalues.com/
        http://www.divazzy.com/test/ - I'm not sure how much longer that test page will be available.
        Last edited by EatingEmoKids; 01-11-2009, 02:47 PM.

Comment

I got a banner up now to help promote this further.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I got a banner up now to help promote this further.
            Thanks Steve, I'm sure that will help!

4 Sign ups so far, dont pass on this chance for a free website makeover!

Comment

I am putting up a podcast and a video hopefully tomorrow to help promote this further.

Comment

So far only one person has signed up, and it was Chuck
                You do some nice work. I planned on revamping my site this winter anyway, I want to change the format, menu structure & really the look of it altogether.
                What I have started with a free template from here & has been customized to the point that it now bears only a small resemblance to the template.
                I really like the idea of being able to track traffic, results. etc.

Good luck everybody!

Comment

I really like the idea of being able to track traffic, results. etc.
                  Chuck what will you be doing to track traffic and results?

Comment

[SIZE="4"][B]We will track search engine ranking and traffic stats and base any additional changes off those results.
                    I dunno, Haha! Ask him. I have no clue?

Comment

thats funny Chuck....lol

Comment

I dunno, Haha! Ask him. I have no clue?
                        Well dont look at me like I know everything! haha

We will be using Google Analytics to track traffic and seo results. If you already have a website and are not tracking your stats I highly recommend adding this to your site. And the nice thing is that it's free... Actually the nice thing is that it works extremely well, the bonus is that it's free

Comment

We will be using Google Analytics to track traffic and seo results.
                          Can you tell us a little about what that is because I think most people have no idea.

Can you use some screen shots to explain it?

Comment

Can you tell us a little about what that is because I think most people have no idea.

Can you use some screen shots to explain it?
                            Sure thing Steve, I have taken some screen shots and will try and explain to everyone whats going on in both screen shots.

Lets start off with what happens when you first bring up your websites stats.

- The Dashboard
                            http://www.lcowebdesign.com/analytics-dashboard.jpg

So the first thing up top is an orange bar which allows you to switch between stats for different websites, I'm assuming most of you wont have this but I have a number of sites I track stats on.

Next is your navigation menu on the left with links to different reports.

- Visitor Graph
                            The visit graph is the first list of stats on the main dashboard. It simply shows how many visits you have received in the past 30 days or so. You can hover over any of the blue circles to show the number of visits for a specific date.

- Site Usage
                            This shows stats like visits, pageviews, avg number of page views per each visit, bounce rate, average time on site, what percent are new visits. All stats are over a 30 day period.

- Visitors Overview
                            Almost the same as the visits graph except it shows the number of unique visitors.

- Map Overlay
                            This feature it kind of cool and may be useful for lawn care business owners. It shows where the visitors are coming from. You can bring up a bigger version and get much more detailed information about where your visitors are coming from. You can see by country, state and even cities!

- Traffic Sources Overview
                            A simple pie chart showing you where your visitors are coming from. It also gives exact numbers and percentages. As you can see most of my traffic comes from search engines and direct traffic (people who time in my url into the address bar).

- Content Overview
                            This shows your top 5 pages with the most page views and what percent of page views they have to your whole site.

- Traffic Sources
                            http://www.lcowebdesign.com/analytic...ic-sources.jpg

Okay so the first two features are pretty much the same thing from the dashboard so I don't need to explain those again. But these other two features are very helpful with SEO.

- Top Traffic Sources
                            This shows your top 5 traffic sources, you can of course click "view full report" to get the whole list. Now if you click lets say "Google" which for that site of mine has sent 7,315 visitors over the past 30 days, it will give you a full list of what search terms where searched for to find your site. It also shows for each search term the number of visits, page views per visit, avg time on site, % of new visits, and bounce rate.

Now right there I'm sure you can understand how useful that tool can be. You see which search terms are bringing in traffic and which terms and bringing in traffic that's actually staying on your site.

- Top Keywords
                            This is the same deal as above, except it combines all the search engine traffic results instead of showing results for each individual search engine.

These are just some of the cool features of Google Analytics. I hope this has helped you all understand a little bit more.

Please note that those images were edited and are not showing accurate keywords listings or page listings. I did not want to give away the site those stats are really for.

Thanks, Matt

Comment

Great explanation Matt. Now for the lawn care business owner who uses this, what ultimately should they be doing with this data? How does knowing all this help them?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X