This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• www.doggyoggy.com Pet lawn care product

Im just an average joe with a over active imagination. i created a product called doggyoggy that can create a niche for lawn and landscaping companies. its a 100% natural product mix that kills bacteria and parasites related to animal feces. It can be spread onto the lawn with a spreader in solid form or in a hose feeder when mixed with water. the benefits to the customers are:
    1. less parasites and bacteria (less illness for the children and pets.. decreases vetinary visits)
    2. less doggy poo smell
    3. doesn't spread bacteria to neighbors lawn that utilizes the same lawn service

Hi Delle,

Welcome to our forum! That sounds very interesting! How did come up with this idea?

Do you want to plug your website?

Also would you like to offer some kind of discount to our forum members to get them to try your product out?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I checked out the site and I think this product could really be a great upsell for lawn care business owners.

This is from Delle's site. http://www.doggyoggy.com

"I am Delle Roach, and I created Doggy Oggy. When I was informed, by my lawn service provider that I needed to pick up after my dog in my own backyard I was less than enthused. The reason behind this discussion was that when my lawn guy cuts the lawn, the lawn mowers transfer whatever is in one yard to another. Dog owners transfer harmful bacteria to other dog and non-dog owners. In short the entire process is a bacteria swap fest, which is often the reason behind unexplained illnesses amongst adults, kids and canine. I understood that picking up after my dog wouldn’t completely solve the bacteria problem in my lawn but it reduced the amount of E. Coli and bacteria that gets transferred to other lawns by 50%."

Now you could offer spreading this product on lawns twice a month for dog owners.

What do you all think of this?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

its a little expensive, dont u think?

Comment

I don't know what price point it would take to make it work.

What's your view on what would you pay and what would you ideally charge for such a service that spread this product?

The bags on the site are small, and I am guessing ideally you would want a big bag, like the size of a large dog food bag. Buying in bulk could probably make a big difference in cost.

Comment

Yeah, we would need 50# bags at least! Probably for the same price too... twice a month... I cant see ya charging more than 40 or 50 bucks, but with this economy, i dont know if you can get a hundred bucks a month for this product... plus you still have to pick it up...

Comment

So would that come out to $20 - $25 per application?

Comment

dont know... haven't run the numbers.... If the price can come down a bit we might be able to sell it. Its a good idea, but also limited market... just wondering if it is something that might be forgotten in the routes.

Comment

Thanks for the questions and responses..

I came up with the product because I was really concerned about kids and pets health, and my own health of course. Let’s say my lawn mower guy made me feel guilty for not picking the poo up. *

The economy slump is indeed an issue.
                  i feel that going green is on the rise and pet owner ship is booming.

Addressing the price: ($12.99)
                  I thought $12.99 was pretty fair for consumers but I will be offering a discount to this forum's members. I chopped shipping to lowest I can get it using commercial instead of residential for this business forum and added 30% discount to members of this Forum.
                  Just type the words GOPHER to get the discount.
                  LIMITED TIME OFFER (ends May 6, 2008)

Thanks again for your responses and questions this site awesome. i would love a website plug

Comment

Hi Delle,

I think you might want to make your offer last a little longer. Think about offering it for a month. If I promote it on the GopherHaul show, there is some lag time for viewers to see it and act. Plus I still have to put it together.

I like the concept. It's one of those products, like anti bacterial soap, where you will pay a premium for the safety and security factor, even if it is difficult for the consumer to see that it works.

One of the things you also should consider is creating marketing material for the lawn care business owner to use to help sell this to their customers.

I would suggest get a graphic designer and put together some door hangers and postcards that sell the application of this service and then leave a section on it blank, for the lawn care business owner to put their contact information in.

Also, you could put together a video where it shows a lawn and then cuts to a petri dish.

Show how ecoli grows and then how your product kills ecoli.

The lawn care business owner could then put this video on their site as a way to help further sell the application of this service to their customer.

Next I think you are going to want to find a way to ship larger shipments of this product.

Maybe you can find distributors on here. Maybe the lawn care business owner could become a local distributor of your product?

Or find garden centers to resell it.

We also need to figure out the figures.
                    How much would this product cost the lawn care business owner to apply it?
                    How much could they sell the service for?
                    What profit margin could they make?

If the figures are right, I think you could really be onto something and have this as an upsell for lawn care businesses.

What's your thoughts on all of this?

Comment

By the way, do you wanna see something crazy?

I just did a search for doggy oggy on google.com and guess what!

The Lawnchat blog post I just made came up #1 and #2 on the search engine. WOW! Talk about reaching out to people! Isn't that pretty cool?

Comment

Do you ship to Canada ?

Comment

Those are really good suggestions. I will extend my offer to 31st, that's for the entire month of May. Im going to start working on the door hangers this week as per your advice. Im wondering how i would get the door hangers into the hands of the lawn buiness owners and at a quantity that would make an impact.

creating a video is completely new to me. ive been curious about how to edit them. do you have a simple video editing software that you can suggest? i will start shooting next week.

i will definately consider a distributor once large shipping becomes to large to take on inhouse.

i must admit, when it comes to figures of a
                          lawn service business its a bit of a learning curve since i have not ran a lawn service myself. However, Im will to learn. You have given some really good advice.

Comment

Hey, justin.. how is it going. Shipping to Canada will be available soon. still working out the cost.

thanks for your questions and suggestions.. keep it coming!

Comment

Quote[/b] ]those are really good suggestions. I will extend my offer to 31st, that's for the entire month of May.
                              Hi Dell,

Good! This will be most helpful.

Quote[/b] ] Im going to start working on the door hangers this week as per your advice. Im wondering how i would get the door hangers into the hands of the lawn buiness owners and at a quantity that would make an impact.
                              I think two great ways to do it would be to put them on your site for free download and then I will put them in my free door hanger template download section too. I can also mention them in a future GopherHaul when they are ready.

You wouldn't be printing them, just creating a template with words and images that the lawn care business owner would use.

As you start playing with ideas, please post them and I will offer you some suggestions.

Quote[/b] ]creating a video is completely new to me. ive been curious about how to edit them. do you have a simple video editing software that you can suggest? i will start shooting next week.
                              Try the video editing software Vegas. It's pretty cheap. I look forwards to seeing what you create.

Quote[/b] ]i will definately consider a distributor once large shipping becomes to large to take on inhouse.
                              Good.

Quote[/b] ]i must admit, when it comes to figures of a
                              lawn service business its a bit of a learning curve since i have not ran a lawn service myself. However, Im will to learn. You have given some really good advice.
                              I would say, figure out what the largest amount is you could ship. Can you ship a 50 lbs bag? Don't worry about any fancy graphics on it. I bet you could get some bags and start offering this as a test run.

Then I would ask you, how much would it cost in your product to spread it across an entire lawn?

This is something you could easily figure out.

Find the average size of a lawn, how many sq ft? 5,000? Then give us a figure on how much the product would cost to cover that.

This would also be a great selling point to professionals.

What you want to do is show them how much they could charge and make per application.

Say the average lawn is 5,000 sq ft. and the lawn care business wants to charge $39.95 per application. How much would the materials cost to apply this? How much profit could the lawn care business make?

Comment

Working...
                              X