Clear All

Thanks Delle, Looking foward to it.
    chuck@charlotttecountylawns.com

That's pretty clever Jamie!

or Poo-B-Gone!
    Terd Eraser!

I'm sure I can come up with more.....

Comment

I don't have a dog but alot of my neighbors do. I'd like to test market your product to them and my homeowners association. People walk their dogs and let them poop on HOA grounds like the pool complex. I get nastygram emails all the time about residents allowing their dog to drop a load on the front lawns, then not cleaning up. My wife goes ape when they do it on ours cause she push mows it.

We have man made lakes for storm water management that overflow into the bay. It's a common theme here to protect the bay ecosystem. I anticipate the first question I'll hear is "what's the stuff made out of and what about runoff into the bay?"

Do you have an MSDS or list of active ingredients? Is it printed on the bag? Does it come in palletized loads?

Comment

I notice you used "patent pending" on your website. *When did you file your application? *I ran a search for published applications and granted patents, but came up empty. *If you haven't filed, you can't use 'patent pending'. *Do you need help with filing before time runs out?

Not to get picky, but you also can't use the circle R for a registered trademark when it hasn't been granted yet. You can use the superscript TM since you've filed.

Comment

Thanks for the different name options. Va-poo-rize *and poo be gone sounds good but it gives the impression that you can apply Doggy Oggy and the poo would disappear. Not to mention the websites are taken and problably registered already with the government. i don't want to miss represent the product. I used *the name Doggy Oggy because it's easier to remember and im trying to appeal the the consumer's need for a catchy "cute" (yuck) names. *The best part? the name was available.

Thanks for your research Eric.. I've only been denied on one of my many trademarks registered so i'm confident that it will be registered but i did apply. that said, i'm going to keep the R on the name i filed for. Of course today people can be a redtape driving killjoy that are very impatient but i don't think that's your description, you just need to see it online before u can endorse it for the home owners association which is understood.

Active ingredients are listed on "sold" items but information of its contents are sent with each box of free samples. Im not going to drive myself crazy because the info can't be found instantly on the government web but i understand your concern. The government is slowwwwwwwwwww in filing patents. ill just wait till the government shows it online before i send you a free sample.

Thanks for the responses guys. Keep it coming!

Comment

Delle,

You got a lot of great info here. It's amazing how everyone individually has something to offer. I never knew about the ® or patent pending issues. Very neat! I am guessing Eric knows about that because he has done so with his pickup dump designs.

I like the name Doggy Oggy as well. It does stand out.

I learn something new here everyday
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

...my only concerns are to help you avoid problems with the USPTO. Once your trademark application is assigned to an examiner, the first thing they'll do is look up your website and see the Registered mark. The next thing they'll do is send you a letter telling you to remove it.

My own trademark application had to be abandoned because of a trademark troll. But all that is public knowledge so I won't bore you with details. Nothing personal, but if I'm intending to purchase and resell a product, I need to perform some due diligence research on it and the vendor. I have no hostile intentions, but as a victim of various scams, I can advise you how to protect yourself.

If you've filed your patent or provisional, then you can use the "patent pending" and disclose your active ingredients. You can also market your product and offer the formula for sale to larger players. My patent attorney's husband is a chemist who's sole income is from royalties paid by major corporations.

My patent took from April 8, '04 to Oct. 13, '05 before it was published for opposition. It was finally granted on August 15, 2006.

Comment

I see you do know about the difference between TM and R marks. *Just wondering why you haven't changed to the circle R on your myspace page.

Whatever happened to e-National Information? *You know that URL name and variations have never been registered? *Could you give us an idea where you're headed with the Spartan Shield condom line?

Comment

Congrats on your patent by the way... took more than a year I noticed for the government get to it, which proves the hurry up and wait situations that is completely in the govt hands.

It's really good that patents and trademark exists. It separates the long-term from the short-term entrepreneurs.

Does any one know of a company that does door hangers?

I decided instead of just shooting the samples Iíll make it as easy as possible to test with homeowners by providing write-ups, keywords and door hangers. I might as well do it right the first time.

Thanks steve, I like Doggy Oggy too. i can't remember alot of my other products but that one i remember well

Comment

please find below a flyer with specials we are running on door hangers and tri fold brochures if you need a higher quantity please e-mail us for a quote at orders@smoothprinting.com also please keep in mind we never charge for designing, set up fees, per color etc the bottom line is the price with ground shipping included!!!

Comment

Interesting, i don't see the connection of my other products *to lawn but its definately good for other forums..

thanks for the add by the way Steve..

Comment

Delle,

I had Smooth Printing Contact you for your door hangers. I hope this helps.
                        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Oh, my bad, sorry for looking like a killjoy. You shouldn't tempt me with secret doggy poo formulas. Back when i first started mowing I didn't have a ramp to load my rider. It had to be lifted onto the tailgate of my truck. One of the first yards I did had dogs. I had the unfortunate luck of grabbing a handfull on the back tire.

Comment

Thanks Steve and Smooth Printing i look forward to working with you on those door hangers.

Eric, it's not a secret doogy poo formula. if you had it back then when u stuck your back tire in poo it would still have stuck to your back tire, the poo would still be there on the lawn waiting for you, the only difference is that you would have alot less bacteria and parasites to wash off and possibibly dragged into your yard or garage.

Comment

hey all, i'm still waiting on large moisture bags to come in so i can issue larger bags for free trials. It should hold between 8-10 lbs.

Comment

Good job! Did you at all want to try your hose applicator? Or no?

Keep us posted.

Comment

Working...
                                X