Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who has time for hobbies?

Hey guys...
    I have a hard time making anything a hobby.. about 6 years ago, I decided I was going to learn how to build a website as a hobby... I didnt see the need for my then small landscape company to have a site, so I figured I start a small clothing company and build the site around that... no big deal right... wrong! Every winter when the leaves stop falling, My focus goes from leaves to tees... and hats... and womens appariel... anyways 6 years and alot of roadblocks later... I think this spring is going to be the big launch... Steve knows my marketing philosophies.... and were starting the marketing now... the sites not done... I physically dont have product in hand, but anticipation is everything... check us out hopefully march 1st at www.friction-clothing.com!!

James,

Can you tell us a little about this clothing company you started? What type of clothing will it sell? What will make it stand out?

Can we see any of your marketing material?

I'd love to hear more!

Also good for you for experimenting! I think this is great!
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

yea my hobby is mini truckin, but just like you james it turn into another job in the winter months. doing small repairs, modifications,
      and such just to get through the slow season.
      i'll post some pic of my project when shes worthy. now it just looks like a heap of junk.
      anybody else auto enthusiasts ?

Comment

Just remember, guys.... hobbies turned into jobs can sometimes be lost in the work. In other words, don't let making money interfere with having fun with your hobby.

Comment

If you don't have time for hobbies, MAKE TIME!

Don't get caught up in Work and Making money, You gotta live life a little, or the stress will KILL ya!

Take this to heart from someone with experience in STRESS!

If you don't have a hobby Find ONE! Fishing, building model plains,bird watching anything but get something to take you away from the hectic Business World for some stress relief.

Comment

I agree, Tim... that's almost a hidden message in what I said, too.... when you're doing something for fun, it's FUN... but when you start trying to figure out a way to make money with it, then you have to worry about the business aspect of it, too.... then it's not very much fun anymore.... then you have two jobs and double (or more) the stress...

Heed Tim's word.... FIND a hobby.... or just take some time to do something fun... One of my hobbies is spending time with my family.... watching movies, playing video games, camping.... you take the fun things you like to do and make them into hobbies that the whole family can enjoy and take part in!

Remember.... HAVE SOME FUN!!

Comment

Quote[/b] ]One of my hobbies is spending time with my family.... watching movies, playing video games, camping.... you take the fun things you like to do and make them into hobbies that the whole family can enjoy and take part in!
              Thats also a responsibilty for us to. Don't forget about them!
              Rob
              Green Image Lawn & Landscape

\"If you don't feel the same way about Friday nights as you do Sunday nights, then you are not doing the right thing.\"

Comment

Definately a responsibility.... but I make it my hobby, too... =) it's more fun when it's not "a responsibility"... =)

Comment

Quote[/b] ]Definately a responsibility.... but I make it my hobby, too... =) it's more fun when it's not "a responsibility"... =)
                  To bad paying bills and doing the dishes can't be this way to.
                  LOL
                  Rob

\"If you don't feel the same way about Friday nights as you do Sunday nights, then you are not doing the right thing.\"

Comment

Hi Blaine,

Quote[/b] ]yea my hobby is mini truckin
                    I have never heard of this! Can you tell me a little about it? I do look forwards to your pictures too!
                    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

a mini truck is mainly small to mid size pick up truck or suv
                      that has completely modified suspension for a low profile ride hight
                      and fit the biggest possible wheels,similar to low riding, hot rodding ect.

Comment

You have to know what Blaine's talking about, Steve.... maybe not by that name, but you know.....

Heck, down here in the south we call them there things "speed bumps"........

(No, it's not mine... :sigh

Comment

Quote[/b] (pmblair @ Jan. 21 2008,1:04)]You have to know what Blaine's talking about, Steve.... *maybe not by that name, but you know.....

Heck, down here in the south we call them there things "speed bumps"........

(No, it's not mine... :sigh
                          THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT PATRICK! Trucks where made to be in the air, not on the ground! If I wanted to ride around sitten on the ground I'd buy a skate board!

Naw Seriously its cool Blaine if you like the low riders. Build those things untill your Blue in the face. Cool hobby, my Youngest Brother builds those Hydraulic cars and Tangs (Rod/Strip)
                          They just arent for me, Now you take a car crushing MONSTER now we're talking! All that V-8 American Made Power ORORORORORO! kinda like Tim Allen thing there for the Drama. LOL

In my picture I'm about 6' and you see where the door and top of the cab is in relation to me standing next to it.
                          Trucks should be like the cheep seats or nose bleed section of a ball park, HIGH IN THE AIR!

Good luck with your project truck, can't wait to see pictures of before and after.

Comment

I never really heard of mini trucks like this before. I know low riders and all that, so I can't wait to see what Blaine has created.

I have seen some shows on creating lowriders before and it's amazing how much engineering is put into getting them low! Quite a technical skill to do that.

I have always loved Bigfoot! That truck has always been just enthralling to me. I'd love to have an open field and a lifted truck to race around in LOL. It would probably cost way to much to build and maintain that I would probably enjoy a smaller dune buggy to mud bog around or even a quad

Comment

Quote[/b] ]Cool hobby, my Youngest Brother builds those Hydraulic cars
                              So do I.
                              Heres pictures of my '63 Impala and my Cadillac.
                              The Impala has air ride and the Cadillac has hydraulics.
                              The pics are kind of bad because they were taken with a cell phone.

Cadillac put away for the winter-
                              Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X