My Invention

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Invention

I have invented a new way to irrigate lawns for home owners who can't afford a system. I can Irrigate 1 zone with 7 heads for 120.00 in no more than 30 min. This is ideal for small lawns and so far that's where im pushing it. It all revolves around the sprinkler assembly I invented years ago for a family member. I can run 4 PGP's off of a hose bib (if needed) with it and still get 25-27' of coverage. I see a big opportunity for this product.

Does any one know how to obtain a patent on the cheap? Or is this one of those things that I need to have done by a professional?

I sold 20+ units at the flea market over the weekend, this was the first time out... so not bad!

Any advise is welcome and appreciated.

First you need to do a search and see if you may be infringing on a patent that has already been granted. Do one on your own first, visit USPTO and google search. Once done and if your still convinced you have something unique, hire a professional patent attorney to do a more in depth search before going for a patent. Nothing cheap about it! Defiantly hire a professional if you go for it.

With that said, many make a ton of $$$ without ever getting or trying for a patent. Can others duplicate your invention themselves easy? If so, a patent wont do much good. They'll just copy your idea for their own use.

Is this something you can make & ship cheap? If yes, it may do well selling online to get greater exposure. I sell all over the USA through Amazon. I did the flea markets for awhile also, always did well but traveling, lodging, etc... eats up the profits and requires a lot of your time.

Your welcome to send a private message concerning this matter, if you really have something, keep it quite. You don't want someone else beating you to the market if you can help it before you even get off the ground with it.

Take it from someone who knows, the process is about 50X harder than you believe it will be. lol That's no joke!!!
    Don't Keep Replacing Lawn Sprinkler Heads
    Protect them with "Sprinkler Buddy"
    CLICK HERE > http://www.sprinklerbuddy.com

Comment

You need to make written documentation of when you invented it
      Then contact a local lawyer and seek advice for a step by step
      Then submit your idea to the U.S patents office for review

Make it clear if you created a new item, improved on an original idea
      When you pay the fees and submit all the proper information
      They will review your claim and see if anyone else has requested a review within a year. If you win the race they will issue a patent " pending"
      After they have had time to insire your the original and no one else disputes your claim....... And you pay more money then will you receive a true patent.

I will also say get a good lawyer, one you can trust to not steal the idea from you.

Good luck

Comment

A GOOD lawyer. Lawyers are a dime a dozen but GOOD HONEST lawyers can almost seem like a oxymoron. Like sprinklerbuddy said, do your homework first though to make sure its not something someone else has invented. Been there done that.
        One of a dying breed; the servicing dealer. A Servicing Dealer services what they sell and are factory certified to make these repairs. Find & support them.

B&S Master Service Technician, Kohler Expert Technician & Honda Engine Technician. Website

Comment

It all revolves around the sprinkler assembly I invented years ago for a family member.
          Did you patent that design or look into it to see if had already existed?

Are you going to manufacture this yourself or do you need to have it manufactured elsewhere?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

First you need to do a search and see if you may be infringing on a patent that has already been granted. Do one on your own first, visit USPTO and google search. Once done and if your still convinced you have something unique, hire a professional patent attorney to do a more in depth search before going for a patent. Nothing cheap about it! Defiantly hire a professional if you go for it.

With that said, many make a ton of $$$ without ever getting or trying for a patent. Can others duplicate your invention themselves easy? If so, a patent wont do much good. They'll just copy your idea for their own use.

Is this something you can make & ship cheap? If yes, it may do well selling online to get greater exposure. I sell all over the USA through Amazon. I did the flea markets for awhile also, always did well but traveling, lodging, etc... eats up the profits and requires a lot of your time.

Your welcome to send a private message concerning this matter, if you really have something, keep it quite. You don't want someone else beating you to the market if you can help it before you even get off the ground with it.

Take it from someone who knows, the process is about 50X harder than you believe it will be. lol That's no joke!!!
            I see you have been down this road before, I am following your advise, my idea is one of a kind however, anyone who understands how to build water pressure will be able to duplicate this easy, I never thought about that. I did check with the patient office and the design only has to be slightly modified or improved for a competitor to emerge. That said I will market manufacture and sell online for now, Im working on making this better! And then I will go from there.

thank you!

Comment

Is this something you could sell to other lawn care providers? Could they then use this product on their customer's property or is this something that would better sell to the homeowner?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Did you patent that design or look into it to see if had already existed?

Are you going to manufacture this yourself or do you need to have it manufactured elsewhere?
                The unit is one of a kind there is no patent on my design, I will be manufacturing this myself. I can build 1 unit for $8.00 in about 15 min. Im going to give it a shot, im only in it for an extra buck anyway, I will crews along with no worry's win or loose.

I will be looking to Amazon and other online sources to promote and sell my product, as it is easy to copy. Sprinkler Buddy Had some good advise.

Comment

Ebay is the easiest to get set up to sell on. Get a pay pal account and your in business pretty much. Amazon requires much more but they do get more traffic.

Figure out on Average what your shipping cost will be, you don't want to be eating most of it yourself.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you have along the way.

Good Luck!

Keep in mind... If you get this out there without patent pending status, it becomes common knowledge, which makes it no longer patentable.

Comment

If you get this out there without patent pending status
                    What does it take to get patent pending status?

Comment

What does it take to get patent pending status?
                      File it with USPTO, you get one year from then to file for an utility or design patent. If not followed up after a year it becomes abandoned.

Comment

BigLee Do you feel you might file for patent pending status?

Comment

BigLee Do you feel you might file for patent pending status?
                          Yes I will file for a patent pending status. I am going to meet with a patent attorney on the 28th, I will find out what I need to do then. I will bump this post when I get his instructions.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

I look forwards to hearing more about what you learn. You may find that you inspire other members on here to invent something they have been wanting to create.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X