No announcement yet.

Google Places

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are two options for "location" - the "pinpoint" (actual address) OR "service area". They CLEARLY state that I can use either - I chose the latter, as it makes a lot more sense.

Are you saying I can't use a service area?

Also, what good will adding hours and photos do if it says I need to "verify" my listing. (When I've already done so in order to create the listing in the first place)
    Last edited by Hedgemaster; 04-17-2011, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Using an address close to where you want business from will help your rank with places/maps. Probably does not make the most sense for a service business, but that is how it works.
      Evansville Lawn Mowing
      Newburgh Lawn Care

Comment

can't remember, but after you add your location can't you select a service radius in miles of your coverage area. I do remember after I changed my business name that I had a hard time getting one changed over and getting only one of them to show up and the other one off after numerous tries. It was a pain to see both being listed and when you clicked the old company name it would take you to the new one, it took some time for it to happen, but will tell you it was worth getting it figured out. I get a lot of calls from people searching the internet for lawn care in my service area.

Push through it, it will be worth it in the end.
        Brian
        Durgin's Lawn & Landscape LLC

www.durginslawnandlandscape.com

Comment

I discovered today that my listing is now showing.

woo hoo.

I have no idea why all of a sudden it shows up, but it does, so "yay", I guess.

Comment

It be interesting to see if there is an uptick in site activity because of this listing.
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X