Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-855-lawn Cut

Hello Gopher Members,

My name is Michael McFarlane, Co-Founder of The American LawnCare Network. We forged this Network with the goal to provide great marketing resources for lawncare professionals at a reasonable cost & with excellent features. We wanted to introduce ourselves & we appreciate your time and consideration.

What is 1-855-LAWNCUT?

1-855-LAWN CUT is a new toll free vanity phone number
    available for all landscape service providers in the United States and Canada.
    Members Secure A Territory Which is An Entire Area Code

What Are The Benefits of 1-855-LAWN CUT?

-Get a great number that is easy to remember.
    -Make your ads stand out and get noticed.
    -Vanity numbers increase customer recall by up to 72%
    -Toll free numbers provide a more professional look.

New 855 Toll Free
    Recently the 855 toll free prefix was launched
    Predicted to be most memorable since 800

Cost
    Only $69.95 a month (introductory offer)
    Just $99 a month for 2 territories
    Unlimited Minutes

Below is a snippet from our upcoming press release. Which will be released next Tuesday.

The American LawnCare Network announces the launch of our new marketing program for landscape professionals in the USA and Canada. Our program gives lawncare pro's the use of the new 1-855-LAWN CUT program in their area code of service (territory) not just a few zip codes. Calls ring directly to your existing business line with no recordings or caller input required. Use this great marketing tool on your truck, website, bandit signs, craigslist, flyers, brochures, you name it. We can only accept one company per area code. Released on a First come-first served basis. Lock in our introductory rate and help us in our Beta mode. Please reserve your territory today!

Quick Tour
    *Only $69.95 a month (introductory offer ends soon)
    *No Setup Fees $0
    *Get 2 territories for just $99 a month (introductory offer ends soon)
    *Unlimited Minutes
    *November Free
    *Free Truck Lettering
    *Calls Ring Directly To Your Business, No Customer Zip Code Input Required
    *No Confusing Recordings. Customers Hear Only Your Company Greeting
    *Huge Territories, Your Entire Area Code
    *New 855 Toll Free Prefix. The Most Memorable Since 800
    *Right Of First Refusal. Secures 1-855-LAWN CUT For The Life of Your Company
    *No Mandatory Advertising Requirements
    *A Deal Closer For Your Bids and Proposals

Please visit http://www.1855LAWNCUT.com for more details
    *** END ***

Besides having a great vanity number at your disposal, member company's are listed in our directory with Flash map navigation. Members also receive a 3 page website and free truck lettering.
    Feel free to contact us anytime or post any questions you may have.

Thank You,

Mike McFarlane
    The American LawnCare Network
    http://www.1-855-LAWNCUT.com
    tel: 1-888-499-9032
    info@1855LAWNCUT.com
    Marketing That Makes Sense!
    1-855-LAWN CUT
    1-855-PLOW NOW
    1-855-GET LIGHTS

Just $69.95 a month
    Huge Territories

Hi Michael,

Welcome to our forum.

Because this is all new and I don't know, are you going to be offering other marketing templates for your members to use? For instance, door hangers & flyers?

Small business owners can use all the help they can get when it comes to marketing. If you can find something that works in one area, there is a good chance it can work in another. With all your members, you should be able to experiment quite a bit with your marketing templates and really help them all grow.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

This sounds interesting. So the calls ring directly to my line correct??? Is the 440 available?

Comment

I don't get it.

Where I live, we have multiple area codes that are either very near each other, or actually in the same area. (ran out of numbers)

So let's say I get the "123" area code from you and Jimbob's Mowing gets the "456" area code that (geographically) starts 2 miles away from me... are we both supposed to be thrilled when people see OUR truck and call to scedule work, but get in touch with the other person's business?

Maybe I'm missing something here.

Comment

"Because this is all new and I don't know, are you going to be offering other marketing templates for your members to use? For instance, door hangers & flyers?" -Steve

Thanks for the welcome Steve. Yes. We are totally geared towards helping lawncare pros market their company. We are working on a partnership for graphic designs so templates should be forthcoming. As of now we are providing all members with a 3 page site that is easy to edit after we get it started.

This sounds interesting. So the calls ring directly to my line correct??? Is the 440 available? -Matt James
          Hi Matt,
          Yes. Calls ring directly to your business line. So they will hear your company greeting. Not a potentially confusing recording. Yes, the 440 is currently available. I will PM you.

"Where I live, we have multiple area codes that are either very near each other, or actually in the same area. (ran out of numbers)" -HedgeMaster

Hi HedgeMaster,

Good questions. Areas with high a population may have what are called "overlays" These are additional area codes that cover the exact same geography as the original. This is to provide more numbers to the growing users. These overlays are included free with the program. You can see our map for overlays. Areas with overlays are denoted as green. ex: Illinois map 815 / 779 is an area with an original area code prefix and overlay. This is considered one territory.

"So let's say I get the "123" area code from you and Jimbob's Mowing gets the "456" area code that (geographically) starts 2 miles away from me... are we both supposed to be thrilled when people see OUR truck and call to scedule work, but get in touch with the other person's business?"
          -HedgeMaster

Sounds like you may service 2 area codes. We offer discounts for multiple territories.
          The next territory should be well away from you.
          This is the primary reason why we are offering entire area codes rather than just a few zip codes. By having an entire area code you should avoid cross marketing. Actually, most people are saying the territories were too big.
          1-855-LAWN CUT
          1-855-PLOW NOW
          1-855-GET LIGHTS

Just $69.95 a month
          Huge Territories

Comment

Very steeply priced.

I know for a fact what it costs to operate this service as I used to have one. i.e. I sold the service like you are.

The difference being that we decided to go via zip codes because of out of town owners or like someone working in an area different from their home. Like across state lines?

Personally it was a good idea but it did not work. People just did not use it and with all the smart phones these days people could not dial the vanity number.

It may work for you but I would call a local number before a toll free.

I wish you the best of luck but that is too rich for my blood.

What do you do for states with only one area code or like Tennessee where 931 entirely circles Nashville but there is no way someone will service all that area. Or Montana that only has one area code? People calling from work in Chattanooga, TN 423 area code when they actually live in Georgia?

I don't know that all was thought through for all areas. There are too many holes unless you are a nationwide service company and you have a call center taking the calls.

I am not trying to bash you in any way but being that I have a telecom background I know how the systems work and I don't want to see anyone waste their money if the service will not work like they want it to.

I thought mine was a good idea also but sadly it did not turn out that way.
            Last edited by The Cleaning Doctor; 11-08-2010, 10:24 PM.
            Pat

Comment

Our rates are rock bottom. Especially for an entire area code as a territory.
              Not to mention the unlimited minutes and no setup fees.

Similar programs are charging per zip code and have a setup fee.
              Ex:15 zip codes for $150+ a month plus a $500 setup fee. yikes!

Zip codes are extremely limiting and expensive. With our plan you get the best bang for your buck.
              1-855-LAWN CUT
              1-855-PLOW NOW
              1-855-GET LIGHTS

Just $69.95 a month
              Huge Territories

Comment

Mike,

I like that you are offering truck graphics and future marketing templates. If you can become a guide for new start ups when it comes to marketing and business operations, you have potential to really go far. Especially if you can get a few example under your belt to show others what you can do.

Here are some more ideas for you.

If you can create some killer truck graphics and maybe even truck wraps where you can get a discount price on them and pass them onto your customer base, that would be fantastic. Maybe even uniforms. Everyone wants their business to look great and have all their marketing tie in together.

Most new lawn care business owners, right off the start, are not even considering these things because they are in a desperate dash to find customers. Image building and marketing tends to lag far behind.

When you can present them a package of all this stuff, you really have something to offer.

If you can get into offering to handle their marketing and do mailings and stuff like that, you are going to find more growth.

If you can offer phone answering services, you will find more growth.

As you sit there and think of ways to expand, you should ask yourself 'what do these new start up companies need that we can offer them. The list could be quite long.

Also, if you get real good at seo and can get customers from all over the country to funnel through your site, that would be amazing.

Mixing and matching multiple services may be a winning way to really help new business owners and get them launched.

Nothing will bring you more customers, like a customer base who is making money, thanks to you!

So keep up the great work.
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I truly hope it does work for you but I still see holes.

For instance 931 area code in Tennessee covers from the KY to the AL border and the Tennessee River to the Plateau. No one in their right mind would cover this area.

Montana - The entire state is one area code. You can drive for 3 hours and be in the same state still.

If you have these things worked out then tell the guys how because these are not the only states with large geographical areas that are covered by one area code.

I have known for some time that 855 was going to be a toll free number but how is that going to affect potential customers that are not aware that these have been released?

I am not going to comment any more on this. I truly hope that you can help lawn care owners and that this business takes off for you. I hate being the thorn.
                  Pat

Comment

Thanks Steve. Yes our graphics deal will include wraps, lettering, flyers, brochures, business cards. And our goal will be to come out with fresh templates every few months. This way people don't have to recycle the same designs over and over again.

The biggest benefit will be this great vanity number. Members will have full rights to use it on their website, craigslist, truck and that sort of thing at their will. But adding awesome features is how we will always operate. I think we started out with a ton of cool things that has other programs trying to adjust and mimick us already.

Big Territories Are Always A Plus.
                    Customers Will Call Where They See The Number
                    And That's Only Where You Advertise!

Steve, I like the way you are always positive and supportive. I appreciate that.
                    1-855-LAWN CUT
                    1-855-PLOW NOW
                    1-855-GET LIGHTS

Just $69.95 a month
                    Huge Territories

Comment

I would much rather see this service offered by the zip code not area code. I run a very tight route and I could never handle an area so widespread. In the Pittsburgh region, it is a very time consuming process just driving from the northern suburbs to the southern neighborhoods. The outlying area code(724) streches from the outer suburbs all the way out to multiple counties, again making it impossible to service the entire area.
                      Furthermore, for me to pay for a service such as this I would like to have an answering service taking the calls to collect the customers info. I do like the marketing materials that are included though. Good luck in your businesss.

Comment

Hi xpert,

Just because someone owns a nice size territory doesn't mean they have to service it all. For example: If you service the Pittsburgh area you would have the 412 / 878 I believe. People in that area will call you for service when and where they see your truck or ads. And this will be your service area within your territory. That's it.

Trust me, the zip code breakdown is way more costly to users and will have your calls going elsewhere. What, Are you gonna only drive your truck in a few zip codes? Probably not, so why would you want a phone nmber that only work ins in a few zip codes. With our plan, you never worry about missing calls.

Lets say you signup with a similar program and secure a few zip codes. Then in a year or so you want to expand your route and business. But you can't because your vanity number has been leased to your competitor who holds the number all around you. You're stuck.

Zip codes are restricting. Area Codes give you peace of mind.

As for the answering service, the sample of owners we spoke to would much rather have the customer hear their company greeting and be directed to them. Not a third party recording that you can barely understand. These people just want to get service from you. Not jump thru hoops.
                        1-855-LAWN CUT
                        1-855-PLOW NOW
                        1-855-GET LIGHTS

Just $69.95 a month
                        Huge Territories

Comment

Another thing you could look into as well, is offering group purchasing discounts to your members. Sometimes it's those little extras that become the deciding point and get people to sign up.

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm confused lol.

'514' is used by the entire island of Montreal in Canada.

Sure, I will only get calls in areas I've driven to our advertised this number, though like a cheap customer, "shouldn't I get a discount on the people who don't see the advertised number?" I'd feel like I'm overpaying because I'm not using the full potential of what you offer, I don't think anyone can.

So why not use my own number, instead of paying you to use your number............................................ .................. see what I mean?

I don't think this is the best idea for the kind of businesses we run. Maybe try it for online stores which deliver products.. I don't really know.

I find it hard to see any gain from this.

Comment

Most of the LCOs here service a certain area and don't travel outside that area unless they are larger companies with commercial work. I keep my route so tight now, that I only target specific developments within my travel zones. I have to agree with Cheese that many LCOs would not gain the full potential of your service as there service areas are just too small.

Comment

Working...
                              X