No announcement yet.

SnapNWin (marketting)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So does the speed become a factor if you want to drive the piece of equipment to the customer's location? Is that where it is important?

Then you wouldn't have to haul it?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

So does the speed become a factor if you want to drive the piece of equipment to the customer's location? Is that where it is important?

Then you wouldn't have to haul it?
      No it's the weight, the 790 would go around 3,200 pounds, add to that a bucket full of top soil at around 1,000 pounds or more and you are already over the safe limit to cross a septic field and the last thing I need is to be repairing a field we damaged due to weight, it's something we watch very close.
      Andy
      Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Oh I meant when you said

These things have an amazing top speed to get around the city
        I didn't know if you could drive these things to the customer's location or you had to haul them there on a trailer.

I don't know the rules for driving these on the street.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Oh I meant when you said

I didn't know if you could drive these things to the customer's location or you had to haul them there on a trailer.

I don't know the rules for driving these on the street.
          All of my tractor's with loaders are street legal and have plates and insurance ($1,250.00 fine without) however it would take to long to get to a job site driving so we float them, as I mentioned in another post we bought another trailer that is almost 20 feet long that will allow me to take an excavator and a loader at the same time, 100% of our excavation jobs require both so we should save a lot of time and fuel. I don't have any trucks big enough to pull both so I have a contract with two towing companies, one for a backup to move my trailers with the equipment and when I have to do this I will just increase my bid, if it works well I may never buy a 350 series truck as it's simply a lot cheaper to have another company worry about maintenance, cost, insurance etc.

The 244J Pay loader would be driven, that thing is desperate heavy, I doubt a 350 series would pull it, I know Deere Floats them using a transport with a flatbed.
          Andy
          Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

The 244J Pay loader would be driven, that thing is desperate heavy, I doubt a 350 series would pull it, I know Deere Floats them using a transport with a flatbed.
            And then all of a sudden you find yourself in need of a flatbed to transport your equipment. I bet that would be quite an expense!

Comment

And then all of a sudden you find yourself in need of a flatbed to transport your equipment. I bet that would be quite an expense!
              Yes and I would be playing in the sand box of the big guys and I don't want to go there either, I think we will just keep things as is and do the jobs we can which are many and accept there are some that we have to pass on as hard as it may be.
              Andy
              Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Working...
              X