Starting a new Company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a new Company

My Name is Jonathan I live just north of Birmingham, Alabama. I am 25 years old, Married to my wife of 5 years Melissa, and have a one year old son Jaxon.

I basically got started wanting to do lawn care when a disabled lady from our church needed some flowers moved around in her yard and a new planting bed built. Well she started complaining about her lawn care guy and says she wishes she could get someone else, well I asked how much do you pay him and she said $50 every two weeks, well I said I would handle. It was 50 extra dollars and at the time I was unemployed. Well I am up to 5 customers now and hoping things keep growing.

I am about to go back to school to get a degree in history education and horticulture. I want to teach along with my company so I can have a pretty good retirement

Hi Jon,

Welcome to our forum!

That is a great start so far.

What kinds of things have you been doing to attract new customers?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Well so far it has been word of mouth, but I have put out about 100 or so flyers, but I got no calls from them. I am about to put an ad in a local shoppers paper that has a service section and see how that goes.

And Thanks for the site Steve there is a ton a great stuff on the site.

Comment

I am glad it's been helpful. Have you experimented with craigslist yet too? That might be a good way of reaching out to local community members.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

not yet but yesterday I listed a weight bench on there and have received like 20 emails so I am going to do that for sure now. What section would you suggest listing it under.

Comment

I think there is one for home services.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X