No announcement yet.

Just Starting Out..........not really?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You want a business update?? OK started 3 years ago, went 5K in debt to start, ended the year with 7 yards, and a lot of debt. Now have a bigger trailer, have a 2nd mower. a helper, and 38 yards. billing at 2K per month, expenses 900 per month, 200 to the helper (my daughter). Expecting to increase next year by 10 yards. Also have 2 commercial contracts and do mowing 12 months of the year. expect to increase commercial contracts by 3 next year.

If your just starting up dont get discouraged. In your 3rd year you will be making money, by your fifth you should be 'golden'.
    Your expenses seem high Steve and gross is low for that many clients. Oh well at least your not in debt anymore.

Comment

Your expenses seem high Steve and gross is low for that many clients. Oh well at least your not in debt anymore.
      I was thinking the same thing. But then again...the Florida market has to be pretty hard to get into. No debt is good, keep it up, and never stop advertising!

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. But then again...the Florida market has to be pretty hard to get into. No debt is good, keep it up, and never stop advertising!
        Well I know there prices are lower. I seen a graph before that showed lower labor, cost of living and overhead. The overhead was largely do to a longer cutting season and not having to buy 4x4xs and plowing gear.

Comment

Thats pretty good!!! How do you like the cub cadet? I heard a lot of good things. Sounds like your doing very well!
          Thank you. The CubCadet ZT was a great addition to my equipment this season. Update on 5 acre cemetery went down the tubes. Our area is being invaded by " the white capped girls " . Since this cemetery provided all the equipment I did my research with the township trustees on what they have paid in the past and figured up a fair price including if their equipment broke down, the cost increase when I would use my equipment. Covered all bases.

Oh well win some lose some . On to people who appreciate a job well done. Not worth time to work for nothing. Some people have no concept of all the expenses when a business is a business and not a hobby or one that avoids the taxes and insurance.
          ADAMS MOWING LLC
          MOWING WITH PERFECTION

Comment

Puberty, that's what happened to jimmy.

Comment

Working...
            X