Affordable Yard Maintenance (AYM)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affordable Yard Maintenance (AYM)

Started getting serious this year and basically trying to get all the info I can on the business, not so much the work, I know how to do that, I am trying to learn all I can about running a business and making it grow and successful. This site seemed very informative and not too pushy on the sale of info. I appreciate all the help I see. Thanks (Upstate NY)

Hi AYM,

Welcome to our forum!

What got you to start your lawn care business? Also what kinds of things have been doing to market your business?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Aym

Thanks for the reply Steve,

I got into the business as I have been doing it off and on my whole life, and about a year ago I took a ft job which gives me 4 days off a week, so I have the extra time not to really commit myself.

As for marketing I have put an ad in the local "penny saver" type weekly paper and I also have been paying 3 people (who I trust) to hand out flyers in the surrounding area. The response is incredible. I have picked up almost 20 new spring clean ups this spring so far and a few complete contracts. I have put out about 2000 flyers and have about the same left to do.

I appreciate all the info on your site and found the contracts the most helpful. Thanks again AYM

Comment

That is fantastic! Have you been using craigslist at all?

Also in your flyers, do you make any kind of offer to grab the customers attention?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I did put a couple of ads on Craigslist, and really haven't gotten any response as I did the flyers. If you want work put out flyers, only con to it is the time you have to personnaly invest to make it happen.

As for my flyer, I start out with a Big "Spring Is Here" ad and get to a little personal type letter but very short and to the point. Like I said the response has been incredible. I am up to about 30 clean ups now, 4 tree jobs, 6 full contracts plus a ton of little side things like rottotilling and planting grass or flowers lined up for after cleanups, and the calls keep coming. I have been doing 3+ estimates every day. Thanks for the response, AYM

Comment

That is fantastic! What are some of your future plans with your business? I'd love to hear what is coming up next.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X