J's lawn care

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J's lawn care

Hi every one.I'm in fl and 2 years in lawn service.I like fishing and making money.Very slow in winter.
    Last edited by lawnboy72; 12-09-2008, 11:11 AM.

Welcome to the forums lawnboy...who doesn't like fishing and making money.

Comment

Hi J,

Welcome to our forum!

What got you to start your lawn care business? Do you have any advice for new start up businesses?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

steve

Hi steve and every one too.Yes,don't buy cheap stuff.I learn the hard way.This year i'm putting about $5,000 into my bussness.Last summer every thing broke week after week.

Comment

Oh interesting.

What kind of equipment did you start with and what are you now replacing it with?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

steve

Hi every,First year i had a push mower.Year 2 i got two 30 ride on murry.Waiting for taxes,so i can get 48 bad boy zero turn.I hear they are fast.

Comment

I am guessing the first bunch of mowers were consumer based models?

What kinds of things have you been doing to market your business? Any advice on that?

Comment

steve

yes,lots of flyers and cragslist.I also use bargin finder.My friend called me today to give a propoasl on 80 condos.He won't give me what the last guy pays.It's about 4 hours of work.Lots of shurbs.I'm thinking of$ 1,200 a month.Let me know if it's to cheap.

Comment

My friend called me today to give a propoasl on 80 condos.He won't give me what the last guy pays.It's about 4 hours of work.Lots of shurbs.I'm thinking of$ 1,200 a month.Let me know if it's to cheap.
                  Can you tell me how you came up with that figure? Can you break it down to what is involved weekly? Also what is the size of the area you will be servicing? What additional services do they require?

Comment

steve

I don't know the size.Wha't i do know is the last guy took 4 hours to do it.There were 3 man crew.I figure $60.00 hour 4 hour.Ifigure $300. a week.
                    Mow,edging,weed wack,blow,trim shurbs.Should it be more.Need advice,first big account.

Comment

I don't know the size.Wha't i do know is the last guy took 4 hours to do it.There were 3 man crew.I figure $60.00 hour 4 hour.Ifigure $300. a week.
                      Ok if the last lawn care business took 3 men (4hrs) to complete this per week, that is 12 man hours per week.

If it is then going to take you 12 man hours per week and you charge $300 per week, that comes out to $25 per man hour.

Comment

steve

ok,I'm lost.Is i't to little or to much.Rember i'ts me and two helper.We will take 4 hour to get it done.

Comment

Is i't to little or to much.Rember i'ts me and two helper.We will take 4 hour to get it done.
                          Let me walk through this:

3 men will take (4hrs each) to complete. = 12 man hours per week
                          3 x 4 = 12

If it takes 12 man hours per week and you are charging $300 per week

12 man hours / $300 = $25 per man hour.

Now knowing this, how does it compare to the other properties you service? How much do you charge per man hour to service your average yard?

Comment

steve

I get $20.00 per home.I pay my helper $7.00 hour.We do 10 a day.It's easy when it's small homes.

Comment

I get $20.00 per home.
                              How long does it take you to do an average lawn that you charge $20.00 for?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X