Hello Everyone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brandon, show us what you create!
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I can edit it for some reason. I can open it in adobe, but I dont think it can do any editing. Any ideas what I can use to add my own logo to it? Something free preferably.
      Also I really like the way you can filter all the threads to show todays posts, and not just recent posts.
      Northern California

Comment

Maybe Gary can put it into another format you can edit?

Also I really like the way you can filter all the threads to show todays posts, and not just recent posts.
        I think you can click on the New Posts link in the brown bar above?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Maybe Gary can put it into another format you can edit?

I think you can click on the New Posts link in the brown bar above?
          Yes I like that I can either click to read the new posts, or under quick links, I can click to read todays posts. makes it easy to go back and read a post that I read earlier in the day without having to search for it by key word.
          Northern California

Comment

Help on Card Holder

Hi Brandon,
            Here is the file in .JPG format. You should be able to open it with paint or some other editing program and add the text. If this doesn't work, send me the text you want and I'll add it to the holder.
            Attached Files
            Totally Green Lawn Care, LLC
            http://www.totallygreenlc.com

Comment

Hey Gary. Thanks a lot. I guess the trouble I was having was that I wanted to add my logo to the front of it. My logo is in jpg, and I couldnt figure out how to put a jpg on top of a jpg. I guess I can just put some text on there. I really appreciate your help. thanks a lot.
              Northern California

Comment

I guess you could call me a "habitual business owner". I have had 9 businesses including this one. The first was in 1981 while I was still in the Air Force. Since retiring in 94' I have sold antiques, dabbled in EBay, bought and operated a second-hand store (still operating) and now I'm in the lawn care business.
                Gary,

What concepts about running a business do you feel you are able to apply to your lawn care business that you learned from your other businesses?

Comment

mod

Steve not sure, but my post did not appear right a way, so i think it did go through one

Comment

Hi Steve,
                    That's a good question. I think there are two areas which contribute significantly to the success or failure of any type of business. The first is name recognition. If a potential customer goes to the Yellow Pages for a service provider, your chance of being selected is basically the same as all the other providers in the list. We tried to choose a name that would be easy to remember. We then attempt to put our name out in the public to the extent that when people think of the word "lawn", they automatically think of "Totally Green". If we are successful, then we have given ourselves a distinct advantage over my competitors. The second area is customer service. It amazes me that some companies will mow over a piece of paper and shred it in a clients yard rather than taking 10 seconds to pick it up. The Air Force had a saying-"Ten at-a-boys are only worth one Oh S__t". People may not remember that you picked up a piece of paper but you can be sure they will remember when you shred one. A lot of the forum members have talked about this and I agree. Taking a little extra time and a little extra effort to give your client a service they may not pay for will, over time, pay off ten-fold.
                    Totally Green Lawn Care, LLC
                    http://www.totallygreenlc.com

Comment

Business Card Holder Template

I designed a thinner card holder in excell. You can change the logo to your own. The long flap folds backward and down the front then tucks into the card hold area. It will hold about 30 cards.
                      http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

I designed a thinner card holder in excell. You can change the logo to your own. The long flap folds backward and down the front then tucks into the card hold area. It will hold about 30 cards.
                        Here is the template in jpg, I guess the excel one would not load....
                        Attached Files

Comment

That is a great design! Where do you put them?

Comment

My plan is to put them in stores, hopefully we can tape it to the front side of the cash register. Also they can go on bulliten boards. Of course we will need to get approval for this at each location.

Comment

Working...
                            X