This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to our forum!
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

• My name's Shawn I live in Pike County, Pa. Been in the lawn and garden industry in some form for the last 10-12 years. I currently work for another landscaper part time, but would like to start my own company in the next year or two.

Comment

• Welcome to our forum!

What steps do you feel you need to take to get your business started?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

• Welcome to our forum!

What steps do you feel you need to take to get your business started?
          I think I need a little more experience working with a local landscaper so I know what kind of work is available in my area. Plus it will let me save up money to buy equipment and get started the right way.

Comment

• something old / something new

Been in the landscape biz a long time, new to snow removal somewhat as a full time winter job. Working on finding out as much as I can.
            Looking forward to make some money and get going.

Comment

• Welcome to our forum!

What made you decide to get into offering snow plowing?

Comment

• Hello All

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself. I am Rusty and own Southern Cuts Mowing here in Central Florida. I got into the business after I retired from the Army. I bought an existing business and took over the accounts. I am hoping to grow more next year and the continue to grow from there. My Wife and I run the business and we are enjoying it so far.

Comment

• just wanted to say hi

I am the hodgepodgelawncare

Comment

• Welcome to our forum!

I got into the business after I retired from the Army. I bought an existing business and took over the accounts.
                    Since there is a lot of interest on the topic of purchasing a lawn care business, can you share with us some of your insights from going through the process?

What about this business interested you? Any advice on how to value a business that is for sale?

Comment

• Welcome new forum members! Make a new post and say hello to us. Tell us a little about you and your company. What got you to take the jump and start your own business?
                      Hi I just do it for my neighbor's.

Comment

• Hi and calculator question

I'm starting a lawn service to keep me busy in the summer months. Last year I worked for a guy who was trying to sell me his accounts, we were very far apart on the valuation of the business. No contracts in place, he wanted 20K, I offer 3K for half the accounts. Paying for grass did not seem like a smart way to enter the business. He ended up selling it to the big dog in town, for I'm guessing 12-15K. I bought his 52" Scag walk behind, blower and trimmer for $850. I have a trailer for it at $300. I'm in the game cheap imo. However, I still need a truck!

I have since contacted the former customers who were sold to the big dog and quoted them my services. Several have signed up and I now have my core accounts to build around.

I have passed the test for chemical application, however, I know nothing about that side of the business. Any resources I should reference?

Also, the mowing estimator doesn't let me go past 999 linear feet for trimming. Can I just adjust the feet per second to get an estimate? example, 5000 feet to trim, enter 500 and change rate to .1?

Comment

• Welcome new forum members! Make a new post and say hello to us. Tell us a little about you and your company. What got you to take the jump and start your own business?
                          I just mow my neighbor's lawns.

Comment

• I have passed the test for chemical application, however, I know nothing about that side of the business. Any resources I should reference?
                            Are you looking for information on pricing? There are a lot of bid discussion on here about that. Keep us posted as you go with any other questions.

Also, the mowing estimator doesn't let me go past 999 linear feet for trimming. Can I just adjust the feet per second to get an estimate? example, 5000 feet to trim, enter 500 and change rate to .1?
                            Yes that would work.

Comment

• Hello everyone, my name is Smith, new to the forum.

Comment

• Are you looking for information on pricing? There are a lot of bid discussion on here about that. Keep us posted as you go with any other questions.
                                I have been lucky enough to get a pricing sheet from my market. Havent had a chance to dig into it yet.

Will I be able to put a new engine on a 2007 Scag 52" walk behind? it burns oil and I assume it's only a matter of time. I know they don't make the original motor any longer, 17hp kawasaki. I really like this machine and don't mind doing the maintenance myself.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X