This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum

Thanks for running the site. This site has helped me numerous times when I was in what feeled to be a pickle. Figured I would thank you'll rather than just get on to reap the benefits. I'm a paid fireman full time and own/run the company on my days off. Started at the beginning of last year. Live in Spotsylvania Va which is a little over an hour from Washington DC. Started with a L100 John Deere riding mower and a weed eater. Upgraded a few months later to a 2014 Cub Cadet LtX1050 mower. Used it for the remaining of the year. After cutting two of my 10 customers houses which added up to 7 acres of open land, I sold that little mower and just purchased a 2011 Scag turf tiger 27HP Kohller 61" cut zero turn with 340 hours. Man I can't wait to use it this year.

Current Equipment
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quadcab Hemi
    2004 New Holland TC24D tractor with loader and 6 attachments
    2011 Scag Turf Tiger 61" cut with 27 HP Kohler
    2015 6x12 12,000 pound dump trailer
    2014 Leonard 6'6"x18 equipment trailer
    Husqvarna powered weed eater and blower
    Stihl hedge trimmer and edger
    Billy goat debits loader
    Last edited by LawnInOrderLandscape; 03-13-2015, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• Welcome to our forum!

What were some of the issues you found yourself dealing with that the forum helped you get past?

Would you handle those situations differently now that you have gained more experience?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

• Hello All

Kinda new to the lawncare business, bought a zero turn off a buddy a couple of years ago with a few customers, its kinda grown on me as a summer part tiem job. Originally got into to help with the family finances. Now its more fun in the sun, keeps me active, (people pay to goto the gym, lol) and to help with family finances.

Operating in Ontario Canada, found this site on Youtube,

Current Equipment:
        2002 Avalanche with air bag lift kit
        2011 walker w/ 74" deck & 48 collector
        1992 walker diesel backup w/ 42" Deck
        John Deere 318
        16' tandem to drag it all around.
        Last edited by jethro; 03-23-2015, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Newbee Here

Heaton Lawn Care Services

Hey, I'm from Demopolis, AL and got into lawn care just trying to make alittle extra money to support my family. Any tip would be greatly helpful.

Comment

• Welcome to our forum!

My suggestion is to keep reading and post questions as you have them.
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

• Hi

My name is Nina and just recently got into the lawn care business with my father and bf. I am from Kentucky but now live in the great state of bama. I am new to this business so if I annoy you with my questions I apologize ahead of time. I am eager to help grow this company and all help is welcome!

Comment

• Welcome to our forum!

How did the business come together with your father and boyfriend? Is this a new business or did one get the other to help out a business that had already been started?

Comment

• The business is coming together nicely thank you for asking! Its a new venture for both of them but they wanted to do something different and work for them selves so this is the route they took and have to say I was skeptical at first but they are doing a pretty good job. I am just trying to suck in as much knowledge as I can to try and help out

Comment

Hi Everyone Thanks for this interesting forum. I presently am a gravel truck driver . I have a registered company called Doctor Fehr Mobile Small Engine Repair . I am planning to pursue residencial grass cutting to add to my repair business . I have all equipment just need to figure how to get started.

Comment

• Welcome to our forum!

If you are doing repair work on residential mowers, maybe you could offer to mow their lawn while you repair their mower? Once you mow the lawn, maybe they will realize how much easier it is to have you mow their lawn and want you to continue to do it.

Comment

• Hello everybody

Hi everybody novice from Jacksonville, Florida

Comment

• Welcome to our forum!

What got you interested in starting your own business?

Comment

• Hello.

Hello to you all. I am Troy giving you a shout from Minnesota. I have not yet started my lawn care business. I am getting my ducks in a row to kick it off in the spring of 2016. I have over 20 years experience as a public works parks employee. This job has given me experience in lawn care and snow removal. I do feel it is time to take over the reins and start working for my self.
                            Is there anyone else on this site that is from Minnesota? I'm looking forward to hearing from all of you.

Comment

• Hi Troy,

Welcome to our forum!

Are there any services you could offer this fall and winter to get you started and get a jump on offering lawn care in the spring?

Comment

• New to the lawn care world

My name is Mike Mann. Hello everyone! I am very new - I only have about 5 accounts this year but I got started late. I joined this forum to learn as much as I possibly can. I am active duty military preparing to retire in the next 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 years and I'm looking for something to keep me busy and make a little money. I like being outside and being independent. I'll probably have a million questions -if I could take a training class I would! I'm located in West Tennessee.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X