Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am having trouble picking marketing items. I am trying to design a flyer but I am so picky I'm holding things up.
    Welcome to our forum!

I'd say just start getting the word out. See if anyone you know, or if anyone they know needs their lawn cared for and if they will hire you. It's a lot easier selling to people you know than those you don't.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

• I'm Back!

been away from heavy business nearly 2 years. Have always had my company but took a major downsize in late 2011. I guess i just got in a rut and at one time from gaining nearly 75 customers quickly....I downsized to 5 really good ones! The only bad thing about the business was that it was extremely difficult to find guys that wanted to work. They say they wanna work but then you get a crap load of work and they bail on you. So the great news now is I have partnered up with a close friend of mine who also have a lawn & landscape business for the past 7 years but who also ran into the same problems. We are ready to hit it hard and I am just as excited about our "relaunch" as i was when i started my company in June of 2010. This time we are trying to go the extra mile and have hired graphic designers to do all our business designs. I will keep ya'll posted and will be grazing the threads! Take care gentleman...oh and ladies!
      Jacob Rodriguez
      A Cut Above Lawn Care
      acalawncaretx@gmail.com
      www.acalawncare.com

Comment

• Jacob,

Welcome back!

This is an amazing experience you went through! What advice do you have for others to help them avoid this issue?

Would there be a top 5 list of do's and don'ts?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

• My name is Dale, owner of the Lawn Guy of Suffolk, based in Long Island NY. I never in a million years pictured this happening, but after being out of the business for over 18 years, here I am coming full circle and chopping green again. After selling my landscape business back in 1995 and starting a telephone construction company, I figured I was out of the lawn arena for good... I have since sold my tel biz, and am actually looking forward to getting back to where it all started, and bact to my roots. I will update soon on my progress.... wish me luck!

Dale

Comment

• New Business

Hi all.

I'm super excited to have found this community! I just joined but I have been helped so much by everything that you guys have already posted from the past. I figured I may as well jump in and try to get more info from you guys to help me get started on my business.

A little about myself: I am a young man that learned the skills of lawn care and service from my dad as I grew up. My dad had a very successful lawn service and passed it on to my oldest brother that still has a fantastic client base. I grew up and moved away to go to college. Graduated, and now have a family and I am a full time teacher.

I feel the need to make a little extra money so I would like to get about 10 yards to earn a little cash flow. Not trying to become some huge big business, but just a modest residential lawn care service.

I currently have 2 yards and got both of them by simply posting my ad on craigslist. I now have my business cards and I am very excited about whats to come.

I printed some flyers that I found from someone on here that was very helpful and professional. I am wondering if going to walmart and placing them on car windows would be a good idea??????

Please give me some info on the thought. Thanks!

Comment

• Hello Everyone

We are a small company,starting out with small client base would like to expand client base.any advice is welcomed.We offer fall & spring clean up & leaf removal.
              Thank You
              Angie

Comment

• After selling my landscape business back in 1995 and starting a telephone construction company, I figured I was out of the lawn arena for good... I have since sold my tel biz, and am actually looking forward to getting back to where it all started, and bact to my roots. I will update soon on my progress.... wish me luck!
                Welcome to our forum Dale. Why did you sell your business back then? Are you finding it a lot easier to get started again with your previous experience?

I printed some flyers that I found from someone on here that was very helpful and professional. I am wondering if going to walmart and placing them on car windows would be a good idea??????
                We don't see that as one of the better marketing methods because how many of those cars you put flyers on, also own homes? A small percentage.

Comment

• Hello!

My name is Heidi. I have been in the lawn care business for over 20 years. I work at our family owned company in Michigan. We do fertilizing, weed control, vegetation control, tree spraying and such.. we do not do mowing or landscaping.

I love getting advice on these forums and seeing what everyone else is doing. Thanks for having me

Comment

• New to the forum

I look forward to learning from each of you.

Comment

• Hello Gopher Lawn Care

Welcome new forum members! Make a new post and say hello to us. Tell us a little about you and your company. What got you to take the jump and start your own business?
                      Hello everyone , my name Vittore I just recently just moved to the U.S.and the State of Florida. I'm from KyotoJapan were I was raised in to the beautiful Art of Landscapes , I learned this art from my father, relatives, and mandatory schooling . Landscape in Japan is so much different than here in the U.S.. Everything that we do is performed in the old ways with great pride, dedication , and upmost attention to detail. Even something so simple in the U.S.as delivering a newspaper, is art form in it self. A news paper is placed at the door everymorning with Flowers for the home. I'm very happy to have found your site thanx to Squido.com. My favorite gardens to build are any type Asian garden, especially Karasansui gardens , Koi Ponds. I also like buliding Bamboo gates and entrance to gardens with Torei Gates . And no garden is complete with out Rain Chains, hanging from your roofs. I have a A.S.Science Degree in Horticulture and Soil Science. And I'm FCHP- Florida Certified Horticultural Professional. With FNGLA - Florida Nursery Growers Landscape Assosiation. I live for plants, balance of nature, and improving everthing around us all. Being new to here I'm in need of generating a customer base, for lawn care and everything else for landscape installs and design. Once again thank you everone for welcoming me to your home,,,,

Comment

• Welcome to our forum! I'd love to see some pictures of the landscapes you have created.

Comment

• New to montana

Welcome new forum members! Make a new post and say hello to us. Tell us a little about you and your company. What got you to take the jump and start your own business?
                          Hello my name is Chris I recently moved from Minnesota to Montana due to an illness in my wife's family. I have been push mowin lawns since I was 12 years old 4 years ago a friend asked me if I would mow forclosed homes in MN with him that's we're I started in the foreclosure boom in MN. My company is now called CHRIS BROOKS LAWN CARE since I have moved to Montana I have tried to get into mowing for closures here but there are not very many here and every thing is so far away it's hard to make them pay out so I am slowly starting to move toward residential lawns I put my business in a nice add in the big phone book here and I also advertise on Craig's List I'm going to hand out flyers this week so far I've had a decent amount of people but either I now it one time or they think its to expensive the town I live in is approx 70 thousand people as I counted 32 lawn care companies in my area and I really feel like I got 2 late of a start this year as the phone book just came out Memorial Day weekend if anyone had any good advice please help me out

Comment

• Welcome to our forum! Are you marketing through your friends and social networks? Those tend to be the easiest to sell to initially.

Comment

• Hi everybody

Well, I got to tell you, I'm here but, I really don't know much about lawns, I stared my business because I lost my job, and I got no choice at the beguining of May, now I got a company, OGC yard services, got 13 customer in les than a month(just mowing, I don't know how to do any other job!!!), and I really bolive I can take this to an other level, so I triying to learn and get help from the experts as many of you I bet.
                              I live in Indiana, and I really interesting in lawn care I hope I can get some help around here.

Thanks and I'll be around here.

Comment

• Hello All-

My name is Pete Zittere, user name of pzittere.
                                I have just started a lawn business and am looking forward to working with you all.
                                My condo association needed a lawn company and I told them I would do it.
                                So I went out and bought the basics and am ready to go.
                                Already I have reached out to some companies and potentially have more worked lined up.

I stand up paddle board for fun and stay pretty active with running 5k's and doing a lot of crossfit work outs.
                                I live in Pinellas county, Florida, at the beach.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X