Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all, my name is Bruce and my lawn care co. is Bruce's lawn care. I live in Mcminnville Oregon in the awesome Northwest just south of Portland.This is my first year owning my own business and looking for new customers is causing sleepiness nights. Got all the equipment, now just cant get clientele built. Thanks for your site and look forward to the forum.

Comment

• Got all the equipment, now just cant get clientele built.
      What have you been doing to attract new clients?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

• Hello and Thanks for having me....

Hello my name is Daniel, I work as a Landscape Maintenance Manager for CGreen Landscape Irrigation, out of Dallas, TX. I have been in the Green Industry for about 10 years now. The majority of my experience is in Landscape Design, & Installation, but am happy to learn more of maintenance side of it.

The reason I decided to join, was to possibly obtain some good, useful, and helpful forms/ templates for different things I am trying to implement here. More organization, better tracking, and improve overall efficiency.

Thanks for having me!

Daniel

Comment

• Hello All

Hi Guys

We run a lawn care and garden service business in Durban South Africa and we are always looking for new ideas on how to expand our business.

Kevin

Comment

• hello

hello everyone

Comment

• Hi Pat,

Welcome to our forum!

What got you to start your lawn care business?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

• Hi Steve, thanks for the opportunity to visit with you and others in the lawn care business. You asked, "what have I been doing to get clients". I have tried the local newspaper for one month of ads and no response at all. It seems making flyers and going door to door works a little bit but I now have five customers which is not paying my bills if you know what i mean and need to build at least 30 more to make this business work.I am really stressed on what to do since I have very little money to work with for advertising. I have looked up property management places, real estate businesses and emailed if possible to get on their vendor list with little success, out of 15 five have responded that they would put me on their list but no open doors to making deals with them. I want very much for this to work and just don't know what to do to build my clients. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thx.

Comment

• A couple of things to consider, when you don't have money to market, use your time. When you don't have time to market, use your money.

So in this situation, going out and introducing yourself to your potential clients is the way to go.

Also, don't give up after one email. Send many. We see the more successful lawn care business owners contact potential customers 6 - 10 times to increase the response rates they are looking for.

Don't give up. Especially after reaching out to a potential customer only once.

Keep us posted.

Comment

Hi from PlumCreek Gardens
                    My name is Kevin and I've been in business now for two years and growing slowly.
                    I've got lots to learn and found this great site and hope it helps me grow for the future!

Comment

• Hi Kevin!

Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things are you looking to improve upon in this new year?

Comment

• Our plans

Hey Steve

We have about 50 odd regular fortnightly home owner gardens that we do the garden maintenance for and that keeps a team pretty busy and more or less covers the business costs. I want to develop the next team but as you know that's like starting the business again - another bundle of tools, another vehicle - which I have just bought - and another 50 gardens.

So I'm looking to get into more large gardens - complexes, schools, corporate gardens etc. But those seem dominated by the big branded services.

I have also just bought a pressure washer to add that service to the mix. tested it out on my house roof - concrete tiles and cleaned about 80 sq feet in an hour. To be competitive I need to clean 250 sq feet an hour so have to figure out how. Hope I didn't make the wrong move there...

So I'm going through the forum looking for marketing ideas. Found lots and will have some flyers done this week for drop off next week. 7400 homes in my area (lots of other garden service teams though) Figure that should bring in about 20 gardens.

Then maybe run a special with our current gardens and get maybe 5-6 more. Regular advertising probably get's us a couple new gardens a week so maybe a month and up to a full second team.

I was going to juts buy another service that was for sale in the area but decided not to - very difficult to know if the numbers are true.

So that's my plan. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Comment

• JamesB

Hello. I'm James and I own and operate Bailey"s Lawn & Garden. I have been maintaining yards professionally for about 25 yrs. Before that I just cut grass, weed-eat, blow- off debris from drives and did clean-ups for about 11 years. So, I guess I have been doing yard work for most of my life.
                          Well, I love to just cut yards and do regular maintenance on them. But like everyone else I got rooked into doing other things. I love to hunt Whitetail deer, squirrel, and I'm going to go hunt Turkey for the first time this spring. Love to fish for bass, white perch, catfish. Love the outdoors. LOVE MY LORD and SAVIOR!
                          I am a full-time firefighter/EMT with the Pearl Fire Dept. where I am a captain of my engine company #3 and have been with them 26 yrs.

Comment

• Just saying hello

I'm Reghie and i've been doing lawn work for other people for awhile so this year i decided to try doing it for myself it. Hard because i really do know about pricing to well but think this will be an experience to remember

Comment

• back in business

Well Guys...I have been out of the business for years and got out of the military in September and went out and bought all my equipment....I survived the winter and now it is time to get things kicking again. I have picked up 6 accounts in the last week but still have some ways to go. I need some advice from some people, on a few different topics:

- What is the best way to get commercial accounts

- What changes should I make to my website? www.avetslawncare.com

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Avets Lawn Care

Comment

• - What is the best way to get commercial accounts
                                We have a lot of discussion on the forum about this and on my blog. Check out the section on how to get commercial lawn care customers here. There is a lot of reading in there that should help.

Also check this out for more info. How To Get Commercial Lawn Care And Snow Plow Customers.

- What changes should I make to my website? www.avetslawncare.com
                                I like your website a lot and LOVE your logo. Fantastic work!

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X