Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to have a banner. Dixie Turf Service 10 years in business 678-343-5260. Thanks, Todd

Comment

Hi Todd,

Do you have any truck, equipment or lawn pictures you can share with us?

How's this?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

EXACTLY what I wanted! javascript: InstaSmilie()
        javascript: InstaSmilie()Thanks! Now I'll ask my teenage son how to use it. javascript: InstaSmilie()
        javascript: InstaSmilie() I don't have any current pics but will try later this week.

Comment

I would like a banner. Perennial Landscapes bringing landscapes to life. Thanks Jimmy

Comment

Hello, My name is Rich. *My sons began mowing the neighbors lawn in 2001. *Other neighbors saw the boys pushing the lawnmowers around the neighborhood and the business began to grow. *Now they are 16 & 19 and have a truck, trailer and all the necessary equipment. *They stay primarily in the local area and are busy with both school and their business. *they recently put a website together. *strykerbrothers.com *drop them a note. *

This is a great forum with a lot of information. *

I would love to put your automated banner on their site.
            Stryker Brothers Making the Clients Happy at all Times, or
            Stryker Brothers - Go That Extra Yard

Thanks in advance *
            Stryker Brothers Lawn Mowing

Comment

Hi perennial1,

Welcome to our forum! How do you get started in the lawn care industry?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Hi Rich,

Welcome to our forum! It's very nice of you helping out your sons with their business. Do you or have you ever run a business? Are you able to teach them a lot about the potential pitfalls so they can avoid problems?

Comment

Hi, This is Team Bowman Lawn and Landscape 682-552-3661

We have been in business for 3 years and love what we do. I would like a banner please.

Thanks, Donnie

Comment

Hi Donnie,

Do you have any words of advise for the new lawn care operators just starting up? Any pitfalls they should avoid?

Comment

The animated banner looks awesome. I'd love to have one.
                      I started my business about one year ago. Picked up a used mower from the flea market along with some other used equipment (blower, weed eater, etc.) I started by going door to door and handing out business cards. If they weren't there I would just leave one on the door.
                      Within a couple of days I had people calling and business was starting to stack up. I now have new equipment, and work full time. I have commercial accounts as well as residential.
                      To this day, I haven't spent a dime on advertising (except for the business cards=Vistaprint.com-500 for 4.95) I guess that is a good sign that the lawn care business is a healthy one to be in!

Thanks, Brandon
                      Little's Lawn & Landscape

Northern California

Comment

Hi Brandon,

Welcome to our forum! Do you have any advise for the new lawn care startup?

What are your next big plans?

Comment

Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ June 10 2007,6:09)]Hi Brandon,

Welcome to our forum! Do you have any advise for the new lawn care startup?

What are your next big plans?
                          Well, I found that the majority of my customers I get aren't happy with their current company. If you do a good job and show up when you say you will be there, then you will do just fine.
                          As far as big plans, I am working on getting my applicators license so I can spray without worrying about getting hit with a $1,000 fine! In my area, we have 2 agg. cops that drive around and watch landscapers/gardeners to try and catch them spraying.
                          I am taking Horticulture classes at the local college (water gardening and plant Ident.)
                          I am also finishing up on my larger trailer, 6x12, since I have outgrown the one I am currently using. It served me great for a year or so and now it is time to pass it off to someone else.
                          Well that is what I have been up to and I look forward to answering any questions. Thanks for all great resources this site offers. I think it was a great find.
                          BTW- I downloaded the Gopher software trial and think it is totally great. I will be purchasing it as soon as I can.
                          Thanks, Brandon
                          Little's Lawn & Landscape
                          Northern California

Comment

Thanks Brandon!

Can you post some pictures of your equipment and trailer setup?

I'd love to see them!

Comment

Fresh in the lawn industry and would love a banner, need as much help as possible. I like to do lawn work so I am trying to make a business out of it. small at first (of course) and work my way up to commercial jobs with contracts. I have an s-10 truck it's small but it gets the job done. and I have a lot of used equipment that my dad had, He is a crew cheif for a big time lawn company. It is good to know that I have advice when I need it, But if you guys could help with some that would be great! Moonlight Entreprenureship is hard work. Thanks again guys.

* * * * * *Ernie's lawn cutting

Comment

Hi Ernie,

Can you share with us some advise your father has told you about running a lawn care business?

Comment

Working...
                                X