Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you mean subcontracting? Im not familiar with that term..
    and he has been working at a landscaping company for about 6years now, and hes cut plenty of trees and he isnt afraid to climb a tree, we just arent sure what are the permits that we need to get or how much to charge..

Comment

• Hey everyone!

Hi Matt,

Welcome to our forum!

What initially got you interested in starting your own business?
      Hey Steve. Sorry it took so long to respond back. I've been busy checking out mowers. My brother and I had a small lawn care biz back in 2004. Our equipment and trailer was stolen and never recovered, so, we went back to work as movers. We got some money together and decided to go at it again. As I said in my earlier post, we just got our trailer last week. Tomorrow we are getting a class III hitch installed on our van. We are still looking for a backpack blower and a stick edger. I finally found a NICE 2001 Ariens EZR 1742 42" zero turn with a 17 HP Briggs, on craigslist. I happened upon it by accident last night. The ONLY thing that was wrong with it was the solenoid was bad. Has a brand new battery that the guy just purchased this morning, and he showed me the reciept. The price you ask? You're not gonna believe it, but...hold onto your hat! $500!!!!! I bought the solenoid from a local dealer for $18 and installed it. The mower purrs like a kitten. Barely a scratch on it.
      Needless to say, we are in a celebratory mood after all the good luck we've had fing good equipment! WOOT! I'll post picks of our equipment tomorrow.
      1994 GMC Safari
      Ariens EZR-1742 42" ZTR
      Cub Cadet 33" WB
      Echo SRM-210 trimmer
      Echo BP blower
      Stihl BR-600 Backpack Blower
      Shindaiwa LE263 Stick Edger
      Husqvarna 345 16" Chain Saw
      Ryobi Pole Hedge Trimmer
      5x8 Open bed trailer

Edward Hunter Yardworks
      edwardhunteryardworks.com
      edwardhunteryardworks@gmail.com
      Powhatan Virginia

Comment

• I'll post picks of our equipment tomorrow.
        I am looking forwards to it!

we just arent sure what are the permits that we need to get or how much to charge..
        Each township can handle things differently when it comes to permits on removing trees. To be sure, you should contact your local town hall.

As far as charging goes.

This article in my blog might help.

How much should I charge for a Tree Removal?

and another here.

How to Bid a Tree Removal Job
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

• Hi

Hello all. Looking forward to learning more about expanding my lawn business...

Paul Toups
          The Lawn Enforcer
          "We'll Lock Your Grass Up"

Comment

• Thats awesome!

ive been searching my area on craigslist for weeks and cant find anything but Snowplows and ancient push/riding mowers

I saw a almost brand new trailer and 1 year old 50" zero turn
            only 800
            the down side is it was local pickup only for PA..
            I live in NW indiana right on the lake so its a bit far of a drive for me ahah
            Just Kut Lawn and Landscape
            "Where Service is Always in Season"
            Reach for the stars so if you fall you land on a cloud.

Comment

• Hello all. Looking forward to learning more about expanding my lawn business...
              Hi Paul,

Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things are you doing to promote your business this year?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

• Hey guys 14 yrs old here hoping to go into this buisness big...

Comment

• Hi Z-master!

Welcome to our forum!

There are many members on here who are teens. Do you have any advice for them on how best to go about getting customers ?

Comment

• Be willing to work hard and take pride in your work, knock on doors, find yards close to your house, etc.... I got lucky and did this last year for a spring clean-up. I called a person down the street asking if they had any yard work they would like done. They decided they would like me to clean-up around their pond, clean-up around 300 trees, and a few other jobs... They liked the way I worked, how I was flexible, worked efficiently, and how I was willing to do what they asked. Now I am servicing their property completely. I mow, blow off sidewalks, driveway, weed, etc...

Comment

• Way to go Z-Master! It's good to see some of the younger generation willing to go out and EARN an honest buck! Keep up the good work! Show your salt! Good luck in your ventures!
                      1994 GMC Safari
                      Ariens EZR-1742 42" ZTR
                      Cub Cadet 33" WB
                      Echo SRM-210 trimmer
                      Echo BP blower
                      Ryobi Pole Hedge Trimmer
                      5x8 Open bed trailer

Edward Hunter Yardworks
                      Powhatan Virginia

Comment

• By the way, Z-Master, you have pics? If so, please share! I'd love to see what you have!
                        1994 GMC Safari
                        Ariens EZR-1742 42" ZTR
                        Cub Cadet 33" WB
                        Echo SRM-210 trimmer
                        Echo BP blower
                        Ryobi Pole Hedge Trimmer
                        5x8 Open bed trailer

Edward Hunter Yardworks
                        Powhatan Virginia

Comment

Hello everyone I just opened my lawn maintenance company this month and look forward to learning new things from this board.

Comment

• Welcome to our forum!

What got you interested in starting your own business?

Comment

• Hello all I'm new to this whole owning my lawn care biz. been mowing and plowing for years for others and decided its time to to it for myself. Started plowing this winter and ended up picking up my last plow check and getting asked if i would be interested in 25 shopping centers and 20 residential jobs. Not bad for being in business since Feb.

Comment

• Welcome to our forum!

That is great news! What kinds of things have you done to promote your lawn care to your snow plowing clients?

Comment

Working...
                                X