This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Ken,

What got you interested in starting your own lawn care business?
    Un-employment is the main reason but I'm hoping it will turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Comment

• I am sure you will be able to
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

• Hello Everyone!

Hello My name is Albert! I have been in the forum for quite a while but not really took the time to take advantage of all the great info on the site and chatting with the nice people on here. I am ready to get down a dirty with the biz so everyone help me as much as you can and I will do the same. I have been cutting grasss for the last few years but now I'm ready to do the legal way so I can really grow my business. I thank yo very much for comming up with the Lawn business school I have been learning alot that I never even thought about! Feel free to write just to say Hi or give any advice that you can! Have a great day!

Comment

• Hi Albert,

Welcome to our forum!

What got you to initially start your business?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

• New To The Scene.

Whats Up everybody..?

It's my first time registering and actively participating in a forum.

My Names Alex and I'm gathering resources to start my first real landscaping business. I've been working with my dad who works as a Arborist/ Landscaper for about 15 or 13 yrs. Also I've had a few family friends and people like that as clients, but never really "went after" the general public. So I'm well on my way, however i could use some advice and wisdom from some of the dudes in the business. You know stuff like estimate formulas and all things business related, Thanks in advance .

Comment

• Hi Alex,

Welcome to our forum.

What made you decide to take the jump and start your own business?

Comment

• Business Cents`

Hi all......

Thanks for the welcome.

I like working outdoors, and i wanted to learn more (focus) about the making money part. I am really trying to get specific with my work, like installing and maintaining herb and vegetable gardens. So as to have repeat customers and also i'll have the whole low impact/green/organic/homegrown thing goin' for me. I'm also thinking of doing hauling and stuff like that while i'm getting off the ground. Got any advice.?

Comment

• Hello My name is Albert! I have been in the forum for quite a while but not really took the time to take advantage of all the great info on the site and chatting with the nice people on here. I am ready to get down a dirty with the biz so everyone help me as much as you can and I will do the same. I have been cutting grasss for the last few years but now I'm ready to do the legal way so I can really grow my business. I thank yo very much for comming up with the Lawn business school I have been learning alot that I never even thought about! Feel free to write just to say Hi or give any advice that you can! Have a great day!
                  Hi Albert!

Wlcome to the forum!
                  Artie Crowley
                  www.marketingholders.com
                  sales@marketingholders.com

Comment

• I'm also thinking of doing hauling and stuff like that while i'm getting off the ground. Got any advice.?
                    Thats a good idea. We have seen others do that when they got started and it worked out well for them.

Comment

• Hi Albert,

Welcome to our forum!

What got you to initially start your business?
                      What got me started was the fact that I wanted to work with my son doing something. Most of his life I was always at work for long hours so i couldn't spend alot of time with him. Every since I started cutting grass with him we have built our relationship and have fun while working. It have been one of the greatest thing I could have ever done! We have been cutting for at lest two years and feel it is time to take it to the next level. We need all of the help can get! lol
                      Last edited by Dynasty; 08-01-2009, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• We need all of the help can get! lol
                        You should make another separate post and tell us a little about what you have been doing to market your business so we can offer some ideas.

Comment

• You should make another separate post and tell us a little about what you have been doing to market your business so we can offer some ideas.
                          We have been putting out flyers and talking with people and giving out our business cards.

I would also like to know How do you come up with a financial statement for your business plan for a start up business?

Comment

• I would also like to know How do you come up with a financial statement for your business plan for a start up business?
                            What are you looking for your financial statement to do for you? Could you simply write down what you are looking to spend on what expenses? Or does it have to be more complex?

Comment

• What are you looking for your financial statement to do for you? Could you simply write down what you are looking to spend on what expenses? Or does it have to be more complex?
                              It has to be more complex more like a projection of income earned for expenses, overhead, and payroll. Whatever I need in order to get a grant or loan.

Comment

• Well ultimately what are you needing to get started? Could you start with more simple pieces of equipment where you wouldnt need a grant or loan?

What's your view on that?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X