This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Dave

Sounds as if you have a good start, Welcome to Gopher.

There are a lot of marketing materials in the download setion at the top (door hangers, customer letters, contracts) there you can find things you can edit for your own use.

Saving money is all up to you.

Marketing is how you present your business and the areas you market. As you have proabibly found out area is the key factor, marking to blue color will get you less than marketing to upper class. You will need to set up a budget for marketing. Take some time read through and watch some of the video's throught the site, this will help you with questions you may have right off.

Good Luck and Welcome Here @ Gopher
    Tim

Comment

• Hi Chad,

Here you go.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

• Hi Dave,

Here is your banner.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

• Hi Could I Get A BANNER.. LOOKS GREAT!

TOP NOTCH LAWN CARE

Dave Thanks

Comment

• Sorry. Think I Got It...But is there any way It can Read TOP NOTCH LAWN CARE. sorry pal .. if not its ok. thanks cheers

Comment

• Sorry Dave,

Here you go.

Comment

• Thanks!!

This site rocks... I just read the book you made dont lowball.... There is a lot of very usefull info and ideas contained in that book.

I learn something everytime I come on here.. Thanks again..

Chad

Charlotte Outdoor Impact

Comment

• Sorry that book was called "we are insured and pay taxes..Stop lowballing!! A Free guide... That is great...

Comment

• Love the banners on here! Look great and really stand out! You had made me two last year, the grass one and the snow plowing one. I got a new phone number for my business, is there any way that you can either make me two new ones, or tell me how to change the numbers on there? Thanks very much! Heres the info if you need it to make a new one

Shade Tree Landscaping
                    (732)-333-4424

Thanks again!

Comment

• Sorry for all the posts, do you have any other banners related to the industry that can be customized? Even if they are not free, I will pay within reason. Thanks

Comment

• Don't know if a free animated banner ad will be used soon because I haven't gotten a web site yet. Figured I'd say hello anyway and use it later when I do. I noticed you asked another for some insight to how he got started, so I'll give a little of mine.

Hello to all from Larry's Lawns in Seguin Texas. I'm joining your forum in hopes of learning some of the basics through advice, hopefully avoiding having to make the mistakes for the lesson.

Overview of my startup situation. - I reached burnout in the hi-tech field a couple years ago and escaped corporate ####. I spent some time doing mostly two things, sightseeing on my new bike and restoring an elder’s property to livable. Caring needs for this family member will continue. Some say I'm stuck in mid-life crisis now. True or not, I intend to never go back into such an atmosphere.

I started Larry's Lawns last year as a part-time income generator using equipment already in the garage. Although most would find mowing lawns a huge prestige demotion from my previous life, it's much more compatible with my principles and soul. Having confirmed this to myself, and having completed the huge project of restoring the property, it's time to build the business.

This year it needs to start becoming a full-time income. My desires are to keep it simple though. I think for this year I still want to stick to mowing and trimming as what I mostly do, but also expecting to fulfill some additional needs of existing customers as requested. I will start the year working alone and am undecided on getting help. We'll see what the future brings.

Seguin is a smaller town but growing due to two cities encroaching on it, San Antonio and Austin. Last year I advertised only once, for one week, in the local radio station's freebee newsletter. That tiny effort kept me as busy as I needed to be until the weather became dry again. This year I will be in the phone book's yellow pages. It may be enough to get me ramped up to speed, but I will advertise more if my time isn't filled.

Well.. got a lot of questions for y'all about things like; equipment, methods, bookkeeping, etc... but I see this is getting long. I'm looking forward to discussions with you and hoping as time goes by I can return more to the forum than I receive.

Larry Puckette
                        Larry's Lawns
                        Seguin Texas
                        Larry Puckette
                        Larry's Lawns
                        Seguin Texas

Comment

• Quote[/b] (Larry's Lawns @ Jan. 20 2008,12:14)]Don't know if a free animated banner ad will be used soon because I haven't gotten a web site yet. Figured I'd say hello anyway and use it later when I do. I noticed you asked another for some insight to how he got started, so I'll give a little of mine.

Hello to all from Larry's Lawns in Seguin Texas. I'm joining your forum in hopes of learning some of the basics through advice, hopefully avoiding having to make the mistakes for the lesson.

Overview of my startup situation. - I reached burnout in the hi-tech field a couple years ago and escaped corporate ####. I spent some time doing mostly two things, sightseeing on my new bike and restoring an elder’s property to livable. Caring needs for this family member will continue. Some say I'm stuck in mid-life crisis now. True or not, I intend to never go back into such an atmosphere.

I started Larry's Lawns last year as a part-time income generator using equipment already in the garage. Although most would find mowing lawns a huge prestige demotion from my previous life, it's much more compatible with my principles and soul. Having confirmed this to myself, and having completed the huge project of restoring the property, it's time to build the business.

This year it needs to start becoming a full-time income. My desires are to keep it simple though. I think for this year I still want to stick to mowing and trimming as what I mostly do, but also expecting to fulfill some additional needs of existing customers as requested. I will start the year working alone and am undecided on getting help. We'll see what the future brings.

Seguin is a smaller town but growing due to two cities encroaching on it, San Antonio and Austin. Last year I advertised only once, for one week, in the local radio station's freebee newsletter. That tiny effort kept me as busy as I needed to be until the weather became dry again. This year I will be in the phone book's yellow pages. It may be enough to get me ramped up to speed, but I will advertise more if my time isn't filled.

Well.. got a lot of questions for y'all about things like; equipment, methods, bookkeeping, etc... *but I see this is getting long. I'm looking forward to discussions with you and hoping as time goes by I can return more to the forum than I receive.

Larry Puckette
                          Larry's Lawns
                          Seguin Texas
                          Hi Larry, Welcome to the Green Industry and the Gopher Forum.

Sounds as if you and I got off the same boat. One thing I would like to bring to mind is what you said, "Although most would find mowing lawns a huge prestige demotion from my previous life, it's much more compatible with my principles and soul." I can't agree more.

Just remembr " I'd rather be a failure at somthing I enjoy, than be a success at something I hate." -George Burns

Basicly let people think what they want, as you laugh your way to the bank.
                          Hope you can find the answers your looking for here, adn look forward to reading your point of view.

Best of Luck
                          Tim

Comment

• Quote[/b] ]Don't know if a free animated banner ad will be used soon because I haven't gotten a web site yet.
                            I can help you with your website, a logo, and many other graphic designs. Email me at pmblair@blairprod.com.

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

• Here is one for Shade Tree.

Comment

• Thank you for the new banner, much appreicated! Do you still have the snow removal one or is that not around anymore?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X