No announcement yet.

Welcome Peter Serrano !!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Nov. 16 2007,9:21)]Pete congratulations on your success! Nice work!

You know I was thinking about this question of borrowing money and it made me think. I can remember quite a few entrepreneurs I have known that thought they needed a loan to help buy things but the ended up buying things they didnt need and didnt know it.

I do wonder at times if this could be similar to say a potted plant. It can only use so much water while it is growing. Too much water and it will die. Do you ever wonder if business is similar to that? Where you need organic growth. Growing step by step based on new jobs coming in to fuel the system to grow further? Learning as you go?

Can you actually throw too much money at a new business and have it be wasteful?

Please tell me your thoughts on that.
    Thanks..

Yes I do believe some people borrow way too much money to start a business and they go broke or dont make enough to pay the business bills. Like New truck payments, trailer payments, mower payment, Insurances, Adverticing, Decals for the truck, decals for the trailer, Blowers, trimmers, and all the good to make a complete business run smooth. I've seen this before. I actually met a guy who went all out with every single bit of equipment brand spanking new. He borrowed over 125k to start a landscape and lawn care biz. He only lasted 3 months, Sold some of the stuff and returned the rest. He ruined his credit and is stuck with a Huge Bill every month.

I learned from that and decided that im going to take my time to buy my stuff. I Sold my Pride and joy 11 second Volkswagen Gti and used the money to get a 2002 dodge ram 2500 loaded with the V10 and the 3500 1ton suspention kit. Then got my 1st job a week after starting the biz and the money I made from that used it to purchased the basic stuff, push mower, rake and shovels.

Now I got a walk behind over 10k in tools and equipment and im just 5 months into my business. and about 3k in business debt.

Next year 2008 I will trade the truck in for a New 2008 f-450 superduty dump bed. And get a In-closed trailer and 1 Zero turn. I have jobs already lined up for March that will make me around 10k in that month alone. Over 75 yards of mulch and 13 new custmers singned up to start off the season for 08 putting me at 25 total lawn care customers.

But I will say next year I have big plan to grow bigger, I dont want to spoil my plans by telling people about it and then nothing happens but i'll be here updating everyone about the success im having.

I've been reading this really good book called Year To Success by Bo Bennett, and i've learned so much from how to be positive 24-7 to how to speak to customers and so much more I reccomend this book to anyone looking for advice and info to success.

Comment

• Pete those are some great insights.

Quote[/b] ]But I will say next year I have big plan to grow bigger, I dont want to spoil my plans by telling people about it and then nothing happens but i'll be here updating everyone about the success im having.
      One of my professors used to say if you want to achieve a goal, tell everyone what it is you want to achieve so then it will continually re-enforce that you strive for it.

I thought I would share that with you because maybe it will be helpful.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

• I wrote down in a piece of paper that I look at every day.

Im working on a contract for next year, a decent size contract that will put in a tripple digit income. But I have to wait till next year to sit down and talk numbers. If i get this bid i'll be extremely thankful and happy..

But I have to wait.

Comment

• You can make it happen Pete
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

• Im back guy's..

Well this season is going pretty well for the business...
            Here are some of the updates

I got another truck for the bizz
            2 new trailers
            60" Dixie

last time I was in here I was at 7 customers now I have 40 customers for wkly mowing

I've layed over 200 yards of mulch up to date and have another 75yrds to go.

Installed 4 new landscapes this year

Over 2 dozen spring clean ups

And Now im looking to hire 2 more guys to have one more crew to run the north end Pa while I run the South end PA area.

From Quakertown PA to Chester PA is my south end and my north end is from Bethlehem PA to Northhampton PA im covering over 50 miles of service. I travel alot but is helping out so much.

Last month revenue was over 15,500k.. This month looks better..

I havent advertice in 4 month.. Word of mouth is doing pretty well.. I dont have any letter on my truck or trailer. Simple and clean and im doing very well.

I hope everyone is doing well too..

Share some words the guys that started the same time I did...

Comment

• I forgot to mention Im leasing a 2,000 sq/ft warehouse.. I'll post pics of it when I clean it up and set up everything. Right now is a mess..

Comment

• Hi Pete,

I am looking forwards to seeing your pictures! If you could offer any advice now to readers who wonder how they can find the same level of success as you did, what would you say to them?

Comment

• How do I post pics....

I will take some more pics of the warehouse today.....

Comment

• When you make a post, below the text area there is a browse button and you can attach images like that

Or you can email them to me and I will get them up for you.

Comment

• My Bins for stones the back end is for mulch. Total of six bins

The out side as for now im leasing 4 doors a total of 5,600 sq/ft plus about 3/4 acre..

Pretty cool roof huh.. Is getting replace this week or the following.. The owner is taking care of that... I still need to clean up a bit more and start bringing all my equipment in and build a office.. Next month I'll post more pics when everything is more organized..

Comment

• Pete that is fantastic! It looks tailor made for exactly what you need! I love the bins for the materials!

What are your next plans with all of this now?

Will you be selling materials to other landscapers?

Comment

• This place is a gold mine. I love it I just started looking in the news paper and found a ad for one bay garage at a great price. So I called the number and asked what size the garage was and he told me well is 20x63 and I was like ok that sound good. I asked him if he has anything bigger and he said how big do you want to go> I told him my budget and he was like well what do you do. I told him i was a landscaper and he siad well I have the right place for you. And If you get this place I will also need some mowing and landscaping.. So out of this deal I got another deal on top.

The mowing and landscape work that I'll be doing for him will pay half of the rent for this place so thats a good thing.

I will be a supplier for mulch and stone and a dealer for stone veneer. And other landscape and Masonry materials.

The warehouse is getting a make over. A new roof, Powerwashing the floor till there is no dirt from the previous Co. I will be building 2 offices in the corner back. New lighting and top of the line security. Im partners with my best friend with this warehouse. So it helps both of us out alot..

Alot of thing are going to happen to the business, all my profits goes into my business. I just save for bills and taxes and the rest into the business.

Comment

Working...
                          X