New to site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to site

Im new to this site, i post more about me and my stuff in the show off page.

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to our forum!

Can you tell us a little about what got you to want to start your own business?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Hi I am new to this site but I have been mowing going on 4yrs by myself (started at 16 now 20) but just thought I would let you know that I started out using my parents trailer 5x10 tilt tractor mower. But after two years of that I split a zero turn (48' scag) with my parents and then purchased my own 5x10 in '05. And now this year this is what I have grown to...I now have the same 48' 2 shindiawa trimmers 1old and the other bought in '07, a 22' push mower lawnboy, and bought just recently a 61' scag zero turn. All sitting on a 6.5ft x 16ft trailer, that I am pulling with my 2000 s-10 reg. cab 2x4. The bigger truck should now be coming in the next few months.
      I got started with mowing lawns by a guy my mom knew, I worked with him for a year then quit and went more on my own. But since then I have gone back and worked with him in strictly landscaping and mowing for my self. I quit the landscaping again just because I could go and make more money if I went out and picked up a few more yards for the amount of time I worked with him in a day. Thats how I got started and what im doing now.

Comment

Hi Andrew,

That is fantastic! What big plans do you have for this year? What type of marketing ideas are you looking to implement this year as well?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I don't really know that much yet but im trying to increase this to about 30 yards from 20. I was thinking a lot about putting out yard signs or flyers. I don't really know that much about how to get new customers but i know that this is the time to start.

Comment

Well, if you have more time on your hands than money you can go out and hand out door hangers.

If you have money you can spend, have you considered getting a mailing list and sending out postcards?

What's your view on any of that?

Comment

I honestly don't know all that much about handing out flyers and door hangers especially. All i do know is that you don't touch the mail box, for illegal purpuses. Also anything that I do would probably be made on my computer since i don't know where to go or even what to put on something.

Comment

Andrew,

Have you joined any community organizations? Those are great ways to network in your area as well.

Comment

I don't know what community organizations you are talking about could you help me to figure that out?

Comment

Well anything that allows you to interact with people from your community. What about the chamber of commerce, rotary, volunteer organization, etc?

Comment

I'm thinking about going into one specific neighborhood near me and trying to get a contract type of thing going for the whole neighborhood. I just have to figure out how im going to get that started.

Comment

Hi Andrew,

Download any of the free flyer or door hanger templates we have on the forum and go out and do this one at a time. Win them over You can do it.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X