No announcement yet.

HELLO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be great! Iv'e actually done some stuff like that for elderly folks but I can manage to do something else. If I help out with some Chrictmas lights or just say shovel their sidewalk & driveway, do you think that would be enough? For some reason, it seems to me like I have to do a bit more? This will give me great word and a good reputation. I'll look more into this with the newspaper and some elderly people in my area. That reminds me! do you think an end of the year survey about my service is a good idea? Thnx!
    Quote[/b] ]"Teenage entrepreneur spreads holiday cheer."
    15 year old teenager in the business!

Luke Gilbert
    LG Yard Services
    Casper, WY

http://www.lgyardservice.com/index.html

Comment

Think of something visual for the paper. I like the lighting idea more because it's more visual, but that's just my view.

You could also include this on a news section on your website as well.

Quote[/b] ]That reminds me! do you think an end of the year survey about my service is a good idea?
      Absolutely, in fact I just had one emailed to me I will be putting up tonight. Maybe it will help you.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Yeah i like the bordering of christmas lights on the flyers myself, too. I downloaded the program and am gonna edit the flyer tonight! But i do have to tell something. Well actualy, to tell you the truth, I don't have a website. I've been trying to set one up but I don't think i can affoard the cost right now. I know $10 or so a month may not seem like a lot but when this gets muliplied by all the monts it runs, the price starts to add up. But sooner or later, it will happen! Thanks

Luke Gilbert
        LG Yard Services
        Casper, WY

Comment

Quote[/b] ]Well actualy, to tell you the truth, I don't have a website. I've been trying to set one up but I don't think i can affoard the cost right now. I know $10 or so a month may not seem like a lot but when this gets muliplied by all the monts it runs, the price starts to add up.
          Don't sweat it, we've all been there.

Now just to show you how important these press releases can be. A press release helped launch the company Aquascape.

Here is the website. http://www.aquascapeinc.com/about_us/about-pond-guy.php

And read the highlighted blue text area in the image.

I hope this gets you motivated to think big.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

OK thanks!I'm definately going to try it! any other suggestions?

Luke Gilbert
            LG Yard Services
            Casper, WY

Comment

Yea, take some pictures of holiday decorations and submit them here http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum....ry27752

Because I have a bunch of free goodies to give away and I bet you could use some of them.

Comment

ok i will....do u think i have a chacne of winning? Thanks

Luke Gilbert
                LG Yard Services
                Casper, WY

Comment

Yes

Comment

Steve,

I go the pics but I think they are going to be too large again. Do you think you could post them for me? Or you can just tell me how to resize them and I will post em? thanks again

Luke Gilbert
                    LG Yard Services
                    Casper, WY

Comment

Sure email me them.

Comment

ok

Luke Gilbert
                        LG Yard Services
                        Casper, WY

Comment

Hey Luke! I'm just getting into the conversation, but I wanted to offer you a little help, too...

First, I agree that your main concern should be school, but as long as you're doing well and your work is getting done, then absolutely go for it in the business! I'll bet you could even get some of your parents friends to hire you on to do their work for them!

Look at it like this.... every person you know that owns a house is a potential customer... every person you meet that owns a house is a potential customer... in fact, all of your FRIENDS' parents are potential customers. If you mention something about it to everyone you meet, SOMEONE will hire you... I'm very impressed that you've already had 5 regular customers! That is outstanding! ...but think about this, too... if they've already been paying you to do jobs for them, why not keep them through the winter, too... ask them about holiday decorations... gutter cleaning (if you aren't afraid of heights)... dog walking... snow shoveling... ANYTHING! Anything you can think of, talk to them about it... just tell them that you enjoyed providing them services through the warm season, and you'd like to keep them as regular customers... then ask them do they have anything else that you can do for them... don't sound too "desperate" for the money... instead, make it seem more like you really want to help THEM out... when in essence, they're really helping to pad your pockets! = )

Good luck to you! I can't wait to see where you go!

On a side note, I do web design and graphic design... I can help guide you through the web design when you get ready and I can help guide you along with the flyers and such... just shoot me an email to pmblair@blairprod.com.

Comment

Thanks a BUNCH patrick. Like you said, I'm going to offer as many services as i can to my existing customers. I just recently bought a snow blower and am getting a lot of use out of it, not just with my customers but with neighbors and other friends. But anyway, I really appreciate you advice. But I do have a few other questions:

How important do you think a website is in this business?
                            Do you think a Myspace works just as well?
                            And what about local online directories and yellowpages?

Once again thanks for all your help and I'll probably be asking some more questions in the future. lol Thanks

Luke Gilbert
                            LG Yard Services
                            Casper, WY

Comment

Quote[/b] ]And what about local online directories and yellowpages?
                              I just had a salesman call me on this last week.
                              the base package for where I live is $55 per month and then you pay a certain amount per click on your ad. He told me during the on season the average is about 250- 300 per month for advertising. Thats a little high for me. On the other hand everytime I do a search for lawn care in my area the ones on top are from the online yellow pages.
                              It probably pays for itself during the spring summer.

Have your neighbors become your customers as well.
                              Rob
                              Green Image Lawn & Landscape

\"If you don't feel the same way about Friday nights as you do Sunday nights, then you are not doing the right thing.\"

Comment

Thanks for your help Rob, but yeah that does some a little high for each month. I'm already in the yellow book pages and actual phone book so I don't think I'm going to the internet directory just yet.

And just one of my neighbors is a full-time customer. I mean I do on-and-off jobs for others but I only completely service one of them.( I've been trying to get more)

Thanks!

Luke Gilbert
                                LG Yard Services
                                Casper, WY

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X