Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna give it my best

Hi Everyone,

My name is Roy and I'm starting a lawncare/landscaping business next year (2008). My last 10 years have been spent with a company, which has decided to close the facility I work at so I am going to do this thing! Previously, I worked in this industry for a local fert/weed control company, which eventually sold to AllGreen. I absolutely HATED the corp stuff I found at AG and worked with a buddy of mine mowing. I loved it! I first had thoughts of owning my own business while working for the local guy and those thoughts have never left.

Last year I bought a hustler Mini FasTrax 42" ZTR. The initial purpose for this purchase was to be able to mow me and my Dadís lawns, which equate to approximately 4 acres (we live next door). Aside from those 4 acres of lawn there is another 6 acres of pasture which I use a '52(?) Ford NHH tractor and bush hog for.

Anyway, here and there I picked up a few accounts. Friends, neighbors and the like. June 2007 came and we learned the facility was closing and I spent the next 3 months praying, listening, and talking to my wife about starting up this business.

Yesterday was the day I made up my mind. I knew in my heart that I could and should do this and have the blessings and support of my family. So there it is. I like what I've seen of the site so far and will definitely be coming back.

I can be reached at:
    watts_mowing@bellsouth.net

Congrats. You made a great choice plus you already have the knowledge in the green field. Good luck next year *

Comment

Hi Roy,

Welcome to our forum and congratulations on becoming an entrepreneur!
      Why are you waiting until next year to start? Why not start now?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X